Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Flight / Vived Imagery / Warmth
Life Review / Unbounded Love
Timelessness / Unusual Knowledge
20 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,
I am new on this forum and I have some questions that have been bothering me for a long time. Ever since I met someone who had a NDE 5 years ago I have absolutely been in love with the whole idea of God and the afterlife realms.
So I was wondering: why does karma exist? And what is the ultimate purpose of reincarnation? Wouldn't it make more sense that we incarnate out of our own free will to develop our souls? We are already one with God and divine in our essence, so doesn't it make more sense to judge ourselves than God judging us? In some NDEs, it seems that the person judges themselves. But in others, it seems that God also judges them. I think the only way for God to be truly unconditional is to not judge us for everything, but to let us use our own heads to think about our lives.
Thank you and love and light to everyone.
Welcome, Creatureoflight! What a great question! I should get some quiet time in the afternoon so that I can provide an input based on what I have read and experienced! In the meantime, do make yourself at home... and I look forward to other readers' feedback. :F
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Hi Guilia,
Thank you for your reply!
Another thing I was wondering about was for example karma. I think that simply being alive can cause harm to other souls or beings without my intention. For example, what if I said something carelessly and it hurt another person? Or if the way I live my life causes harm to another person? E.g. my fiancee and I don't really want children. But my mother really wants grandchildren. So am I causing her harm even though I think having children is something one should really want, as a personal choice? We both work in high stress jobs with that are not paid very well and we are making ends meet only for 2 people. Or what about the horrible working conditions in Asia I supported buying clothing and not knowing that it was bad?
I honestly think that if there is a God that judges us for our every move and wants to 'make' us learn, that I don't want to be a part of something like that. I think we as souls should desire to grow out of our own intent and make our incarnational choices ourselves working together with the Higher Self.
Sorry, I meant to write Giulia
Hi, creatureofligh. Please don't worry about how you spell my name. Most of my English speaking relatives and friends call me Guilia, so much so that even my Italian siblings occasionally do :D

That is an even more interesting question you ask. I thought I would get some time today, but it is a public holiday in Italy, and, on top of that, I have been experiencing a whole sequence of incredible synchronicities over the last few hours, which have made your posts food for thought.

I guess I'd better sleep on it before I attempt a comment. My only pre-birth memories are reported in my signature link: A Strange Experience, and they do not relate to a NDE.

Hopefully some near death experiencers will provide their input too. And I do look forward to collecting my thoughts on the topic.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
creatureoflight wrote: why does karma exist? And what is the ultimate purpose of reincarnation? Wouldn't it make more sense that we incarnate out of our own free will to develop our souls? We are already one with God and divine in our essence, so doesn't it make more sense to judge ourselves than God judging us? In some NDEs, it seems that the person judges themselves. But in others, it seems that God also judges them. I think the only way for God to be truly unconditional is to not judge us for everything, but to let us use our own heads to think about our lives.
Thank you and love and light to everyone.


Hi, creatureoflight. Here is my take based on what I have read and personal experience, and it is stated very simly in the words of NDEr Anita Moorjani

NDERF: In your NDE, you mentioned getting a glimpse of a previous life. Do you believe in reincarnation, and do you think it’s because of your Hindu background?

ANITA: Actually, truth be told, it’s because of my Hindu background that I interpreted it that way — as a past life. But in actuality, it felt like everything else I was experiencing in that state. It was all happening simultaneously. So in actual fact, it felt like a parallel life. I also saw my future, and it all felt just as real. Past, present and future. It all felt like it was happening simultaneously.


I have only recently come across Anita's account, but what she states is absolutely in line with my feeling. Based on NDE accounts I have read and on the many déjà vus I have experienced, linear time (that is the way we perceive things happening one after the other) is an eartly illusion, and therefore the idea of coming back to a physical life in a linear sequence also is.

My feeling is that, If we have a loving and non-judgmental Divine Source we are fully part of, it is us who pass judgement and create what we deem a debt to be paid. Also, most times I hear of or read reincarnation stories, I wonder why future lives are hardly ever mentioned. That may be possibly due to the fact that we are logically/rationally set up to think that the future does not exist yet, so there cannot be a future life. But what if, in other, finer dimesions, time as we know it did not exist? In my opion that would not deprive us of our free will: it would simply mean that we also exist in the future, and make our own choices in the future.

One book that I find dwells on the topic is "If Heaven Is So Wonderful ... Why Come Here?" by John L. Brooker. It did not answer all my questions, but it certainly gave me food for thought.

I have reached the conclusion that linear-time reincarnation and karma are a tool our earthly minds need to make sense of our sense of guilt or our regrets, but I was born with this irrational idea that we can change the past, just as much as we can change the future.

creatureoflight wrote: Another thing I was wondering about was for example karma. I think that simply being alive can cause harm to other souls or beings without my intention. For example, what if I said something carelessly and it hurt another person? Or if the way I live my life causes harm to another person? E.g. my fiancee and I don't really want children. But my mother really wants grandchildren. So am I causing her harm even though I think having children is something one should really want, as a personal choice? We both work in high stress jobs with that are not paid very well and we are making ends meet only for 2 people. Or what about the horrible working conditions in Asia I supported buying clothing and not knowing that it was bad?
I honestly think that if there is a God that judges us for our every move and wants to 'make' us learn, that I don't want to be a part of something like that. I think we as souls should desire to grow out of our own intent and make our incarnational choices ourselves working together with the Higher Self.


Well, this is exactly what I was trying to say. Based on my own experience, it is us who do the judging, and this physical life is an experience of separation from our Higher Self and the All-that-Is, an experience which, seen from a non-physical perspective takes on a completely different aspect, especially if you remove guilt, fear, punishment and any other heavy earthly feeling from the equation. Many NDErs come back with the deep inner knowing that everything makes sense in the light of LOVE.

I find it very thoughtful of you to be concerned about you mother wanting grandchildren and the feeling that we support slavery by buying certain items. But what about all the children who are born, and then killed or wounded by our civilised countries in senseless wars or as a result of human-caused conditions? Once again, based on my personal experience, the most blissful experiences of oneness I have had in my life date back to a natural disaster I shared with many others and the times spent in hospital for one reason or the other. At these times separation from everyone else seemed to temporary melt away!

This has helped me reach the conclusion that, if we pay attention on a more regular basis to the subtle signals we receive in our everyday lives, nothing happens by chance, our Higher Self and God are always within reach and separation is an illusion which definitely has a purpose.

I hope this helps.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Hello Creatureoflight and welcome to the forum, wow you really have some interesting questions and maybe a little beyond my specialty but really would like to address your concerns. I had 2 near death experiences in my life time that didn't seem to indicate any reincarnation suggestions during my process, but at the same time I have had flash backs in my normal life when I can vaguely remember dying in a helicopter crash during the Vietnam war, and being hung as a witch in colonial times just before the first frost occurred. I also have a strong feelings about the ancient Egyptian culture and no I wasn't royalty or anything like that, but just remember how cool we were able to keep our room in such a hot environment.

I don't know if these were actual experiences from my previous life or because I am a full practicing witch as well as an empath that picked up on previous lives? I talked in other articles how we all come from recycled materials from Earth, so even from a scientific view we emerged from previous life when you think about it.

I come from a Christian background that generally thinks we only get one shot at life, but I have an open mind and if reincarnation is possible, I think the main purpose would be to learn and spiritually grow from our mistakes. There is a wonderful movie that illustrates this point from the 1991 film, "Defending Your Life". It's a great movie I really enjoy watching and the premises is that each time a person dies they are sent to a spiritual realm where their life is examined to see if they should advance to the next level of Being or return to Earth because they still have fear and are not ready to move on.

I don't know about your question if we should be the sole judge to move on or return back to Earth, only because of my near death experiences. I have seen different visions of reality, Dimensions, Time/space Continuum, and very bizarre conditions of being an individual in 3D form as well as being vibrational frequencies that was scattered and connected to the whole universe. It would take billions of years just to get my bearings in those conditions, so I am not sure, I really think I would like help on my journey.

Sorry I am not an expert on reincarnation, but I have seen so many bizarre things I certainly would not rule out this possibility, if there is any comforting words I can give you, is that you are a special and unique person and regardless if you have lived many lives before or only granted one life, treat it as a precious gift and learn all you can while you are here for when it is your turn to cross over to the other side, you can do so knowing you have lived a full life with no regrets!


creatureoflight wrote: Hi guys,
I am new on this forum and I have some questions that have been bothering me for a long time. Ever since I met someone who had a NDE 5 years ago I have absolutely been in love with the whole idea of God and the afterlife realms.
So I was wondering: why does karma exist? And what is the ultimate purpose of reincarnation? Wouldn't it make more sense that we incarnate out of our own free will to develop our souls? We are already one with God and divine in our essence, so doesn't it make more sense to judge ourselves than God judging us? In some NDEs, it seems that the person judges themselves. But in others, it seems that God also judges them. I think the only way for God to be truly unconditional is to not judge us for everything, but to let us use our own heads to think about our lives.
Thank you and love and light to everyone.
Thank you to everyone for their insights and posts!!!!!
Hi,
I have been thinking a lot about karma etc in the past days and I couldn't really find an answer to my question elsewhere on the internet. Let's say one does a karmic act and hurts someone else (not with an ill intention, but in a situation where it couldn't really be avoided). Does this karma go into the next life? What I have never really understood is the following: we can meet up with other souls in the afterlife. If the other soul forgives us for our wrong and we understood what we did to them, then why do we still have to experience something like this in the next life? Shouldn't the power of forgiveness be higher than the power of karma?
Karma is yet another religious concept that governs those that buy into it for as long as they chose to be.
Free will! If you want to be governed by karma...so it is. Nobody at all will judge you or stop you. They will accept your wishes.

When you are over wanting that concept...so it will be.

Nobody judges. Where love exists...not the emotional earth dimension concept.... there is no room for negatives.
Hi Visitor,
I don't mean karma as in the Hindu version, I mean karma as in the version that has been described in many NDEs.
I would honestly prefer if karma didn't exist as the whole concept is pretty flawed to me.
No offense to Hindus meant
creatureoflight wrote: If the other soul forgives us for our wrong and we understood what we did to them, then why do we still have to experience something like this in the next life? Shouldn't the power of forgiveness be higher than the power of karma?


It's not all black and white. Forgiveness might be given but maybe the person (the one who did the 'bad' deed) still lacks true understanding. Understanding might happen more deeply when one actually experiences the pain, so they choose to experience in their next incarnation exactly what they dished out in a previous life.

Just my speculation.
Hi, creatureoflight. I have merged your new topic about Karma with your opening post, which basically addresses the same question. This will assist contributors and avoid confusion over the answers you have already been offered.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Emptions...so all the good bad and ugly...is the stronghold of this dimension and this earth in particular. That would be because of our moon that controls it. And as an aside i do wonder what will change as its grip loosens since we are losing the moon a bit every year.....

So while here , we know and hold grievance, revenge, misery and all the nasties. Everyone does...no exceptions...we all be humans with emotions. Possibly in the astral too since all manner of energies group and stay there. I dunno.

Karma does not exist. One person has absolutely NO effect on another. Your own conscience does hold sway over you. You wreck your day and body with your own vengful venom but you have no effect on another at all.

What does hold is the natural law of energy .....being electromagnetic attracts to the power of nnn and returns to origin...so what you sow you reap! Always. Your thoughts and words and feelings are energy...they go out...do a tour of the universe and attract and bind with equal energy and return to you ...just like a boomerang.

Thats the only karma to worry about. Take ownership of your thoughts and beliefs.... you create it all just the way you want...and its all great because you learn!

We are not here to have a holiday. We are here to learn and we do that with problems, icky feelings, misery and trouble. The more rhe better! We would not come to this dimension to learn about thought control...that we would go elsewhere. Here we are governed by emotion...and we get our feathers ruffled and we learn all about competition and negative energy.

Whats the saying these days? What happens on earth stays on earth?

If you like to project your power and ability and put a stick there to be beaten with....feel trapped and blame everyone and everything.....ok...nothing wrong. enjoy.
I do not...btw... believe that we need to be saints. Just learn to take ownership and learn to control ourselves. Learn not to give power to our shadow side. But if we do...self correct instantly. One bad bad deed does not follow you onwards even to tomorrow. Not even a murder. A learning.... a change of attitude....and its all yesterday.

Even Jesus let rip his temper and tore down the temple huh?

So why would anything follow from a previous life? Or even five minutes ago. You will do the same old actions until you decide and are ready to change.....and its instantaneous..so what would need to follow you? Just you!

No karma. Just you!

Last thing i would say is this. If any concept, belief or idea allows you to live a full and happy balanced life full of the joys of spring...do more of it. Living in balance is the plan.

Anything that makes you cringe in fear...dont do.

Trust in yourself. Its your life.
The reason why I am in this forum is because I had a relationship with a man some years ago, but left him. We had been together for while but the relationship was not working for me. This young man had depression for a very long time after that and I even heard he wanted to commit suicide. Also, I said some unkind things to someone I knew many, many years ago. So do I judge myself in the afterlife then? I was very unhappy in that relationship and knew that it never could have worked for me. So ending it was the best decision I saw at the time. If I had a choice to relive it, I would still end the relationship. I hope I do not have to make up for this karma. I am honestly sorry for his feelings and would feel horrible if someone were to commit suicide because of something I did or said.
And anyway, it is stupid to do something just because one hopes for points in the afterlife. If a good deed is not authentically meant, then it is worth nothing at all. That is not spiritual evolution at all, at least in my opinion.
Some of these NDEs worried me, because there are some reports on near-death.com which say we have to meet every last bit of our karma. But shouldn't we decide for ourselves what karma IS and what we want to do about it? It is our divine right.
creatureoflight you sounds wonderfully caring and far far too innocent and impressionable. Some of us are like this and are taken advantage of because we know no subterfuge and manipulation.

You will not face anything in this life or afterlife because of your actions or needs for a better life for yourself. You have done absolutely nothing wrong at all.

I would stop reading the online stories that seem to cause you turbulance until you can see them for the fiction they are.

as i said before.... a lot of people like to stir up attention because OBEs and NDERs cause a lot of attention and adulation. They read a few and create their own without an ounce of truth. Its not terribly hard...include a bit of bright light...the tunnel and grandpa..or better .....for more drama add Jesus in there to meet you...with a pat on the back, a few words...send you back cause it isnt your time. The more astute then embellish the story a bit more...write a book to self market on Amazon....create a website and refer to it...then charge huge money to talk about it as if they hold secrets told them about us, our future...how to have these experiences etc etc.

Its the reason why a lot of Christian churches ban the discussion to protect the innocent that believe everything they read or hear, from these manipulative people.

You are fine. You dont owe anyone anything. There is nothing for you to fear at all from anyone or anything as a result of your words or actions. Blow them a kiss and send them and the memory out your life.
Hi!
@Visitor
That is a very, very fine thing of you to say. Thank you.
I have had some more thoughts on the subject that I want to share. I read a lot of NDEs on this website that were very profound. But the more experiences I read, the more things I wonder about.
Let's say, for example, that someone abused someone in one life. There is a common example of the two souls 'agreeing' on karma and that the abuser is then abused. But isn't this wrong? For the abused has to to then be cruel towards someone else. And because of this, the abuser who has been mistreated might be more cruel towards others because of his bad experiences. And also, what kind of mentality is this? An eye for eye? Where is the love and compassion? I have never been physically abused but I grew up with a very choleric and emotionally abusive father. I have forgiven him for everything because I don't want any karma with him and I do not wish to abuse someone else in the future.
I have read in many NDEs that only the 'purest' emotions could enter the light of God. But aren't we all perfect anyway? I read the NDE of Steve B. on this website and his experience answered a lot of my questions but it raised a lot of them for me.
I understood from Giulia that we come here to gain insights on negativity. But at what level does our evolution end? We are never going to be perfect because there is always someone or something we are hurting. Bam, one careless word-and you get karma all over again.
If someone has a answer, please come forward. I really, really want to get out of Samsara. Do we have to resolve all of our karma or can we leave it untouched? And also, do WE decide where we go or the Higher Self? What I am scared of is completing my time here as best I can and then my Higher Self coming to me and saying that I have go to back to Earth.
I don't want to come back here anymore. I am willing to complete what I have begun but I do not want to resolve every last speck of karma, I do not want to be judged and most of all, I do not want to be told to come back here YET AGAIN. Can't I just be ME and experience what I want to experience without being bound to a neverending chain of karma?
To me, this makes much more sense than being bound to every one of our actions. I have harmed a lot of people just by living!
I read Angie Fenimore's account on the near-death.com website where it says 'Her hellish NDE truly verifies the phrase 'No pain, no gain.' Sorry but wtf is this. What kind of a God would make us go through hellish incarnation after hellish incarnation and then tell us No pain, no gain?
I want to be a free soul that freely(!) chooses where in the Universe I can walk. I want to be incarnate on any planet I like because that is my right as a part of God. I want to be one with God all the time, always, and I want to have my own experiences. I want to be the way I authentically am and not be bound to a neverending karmic chain. If there is karma, there is no freedom. If I want an insight into something, then I will freely decide what I like and if I suffer, I want to suffer because of my own choice, not because I said a cross word to a villager in the Middle Ages 5 incarnations ago. And if it is any other way, well then, God had better destroy me in the afterlife, because there is no point in me incarnating over and over and trying to achieve something I can never achieve.
@Visitor
I also realize your point about the fake accounts. Surely there are many. I mean the ones on this website, for which the authors get no money.
creatureoflight wrote: I have read in many NDEs that only the 'purest' emotions could enter the light of God. But aren't we all perfect anyway? I read the NDE of Steve B. on this website and his experience answered a lot of my questions but it raised a lot of them for me.
I understood from Giulia that we come here to gain insights on negativity. But at what level does our evolution end? We are never going to be perfect because there is always someone or something we are hurting. Bam, one careless word-and you get karma all over again.
If someone has a answer, please come forward. I really, really want to get out of Samsara. Do we have to resolve all of our karma or can we leave it untouched? And also, do WE decide where we go or the Higher Self? What I am scared of is completing my time here as best I can and then my Higher Self coming to me and saying that I have go to back to Earth.

Hi creatureoflight,
First I never had any NDE. I once had a very small spiritual experience, with quite some impact.
So this is not going to make me a really perfect counseler.

But I translated well over 1200 NDEs and some things got very clear to me.

1. Everybody has his/her own NDE, which fits their needs and situation.
2. I'm almost sure that every experience, be it NDE/OBE or whatsoever is partly co-created by the consciousness of the experiencer.
3. Who or what God is, or is not, we cannot know here on earth. I strongly believe that when NDErs say that they met love over there then they tell the truth.
4. Most experiencers forgot most of what happened over there, and they are forced to interpret what they experienced with their human consciousness and intelligence. And what they remember is very difficult to transmit with human words. So it can be easily misinterpreted and misunderstood.
5. Karma is a term used in Asiatic religions to explain why people are suffering. It is a certain way of looking at life.
It might be possible that there are certain rules on the other side e.g having to feel what you did to other persons, but as far as I understood this, this is a learning process to understand yourself better, as well as others. Most NDErs who had a life review felt forgiven after this.
6. WE are here to live and experience and even to make faults. And by making errors and faults we can learn to better ourselves and to have more compassion for others.

I do think that we shouldn't fear to live our life here on earth because of 'Karma' or other things.
The most important is to have good will not to hurt willfully, and that we try to live with love in our heart.
So I would simply suggest not to worry, and to go on with a certain serenity.
My credo is: 'I trust in life, I trust in the Universe, and in the Creator of both. And every problem is a challenge that I try to solve as good as possible and which is allowing me to grow'.
20 posts Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests