Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Post your introduction and Tell us a little something about yourself
16 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello All. I have had interest in the Paranormal, Metaphysics, and The Afterlife as far back as I can remember. To say I have experienced a variety of interesting events would be an understatement - I could probably write a book. So glad to have found this forum and I do hope to soon connect with you all and share as time permits. In the meantime, thank you for allowing me to join.
Your welcome and were glad you joined us

Tell us your stories we are all ears well eyes actually as we read the stories

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Thank You Garry, for the nice welcome. Oh my, I would not even know where to begin.... Please let me ponder for a bit and then I will be happy to share. In the meantime, I wish all a good night and pleasant dreams :)
OK here`s a quick and easy one just to start.... Does anyone else here see "points of light"?
And another - has anyone else here ever experienced Astral Projection?
Welcome, Zen Tzu :D

You will probably find most accounts and comments about astral projection in the OBE (Out of the Body Experience) section, though this is most often experienced by Near Death Experiencers, and in a somewhat different way compared to Out of the Body Experiencers.

May I ask what "points of light" are?
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Grazie Giulia, piacere di conoscerla. Points of Light are just that - little pinpoints of white light which I see from time-to-time around others. I interpret these as departed Souls, most likely related to the person they are hovering over. As for Astral Projection - the first time it happened to me I hadn`t even heard of it. I interpreted it as some sort of NDE or OBE and began doing some research. I stumbled upon AP and it was precisely what had happened to me. It was very exciting, to say the least and I am fortunate to have had it always occur spontaneously.
What is a Shih Tzu? "A dash of Lion, several teaspoons of Rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of Beggar,
a tablespoon of Monkey, one part Baby Seal, and a dash of Teddy Bear."
~ James E. Mumford

Giulia, if I may ask - when you experienced your NDE did you see "The Light"?
What is a Shih Tzu? "A dash of Lion, several teaspoons of Rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of Beggar,
~ James E. Mumford

Hi, Zen Tsu. Thanks for your explanation about points of light.

To answer your question, I have never had a NDE, though, if you read the posts linked to my signature, you will find that I am quite familiar with out-of-the-body experiences while asleep (which l call the "mind awake-body asleep" mode). I have always thought of OBEs (or OOBEs) as a synonym for Astral Projection, though in time I have come to see them as some kind of "inner journey", which makes me feel much safer about them.

In my early 30s, I had a lot of time to train and was able to switch from spontaneous experiences to willingly induced experiences, my key purpose being to see family members who were geographically distant and visiting deceased loved ones.

Up to around 10 years ago, I still had this irrational fear that a phone call, the alarm clock or any other interruption during an OBE could cause me to be locked out of the body, whereas I have now found this is not the case, at least in the mind awake-body asleep mode. If I am interrupted during an OBE, my consciousness gently lands back in my physical vehicle.

I look forward to hearing more about your experiences.

P.S. There was actually one experience in which I distinctly saw a light, emanating magnetic love and which I thought might be some kind of angelic being. It will take me some time to translate it into English. So plese bear with me.
Hello Giulia. Thank you for your nice reply :) Just a quick post for the moment. If your experience about seeing a light was originally written in Italian, no need for you to go to the trouble of translating into English for my sake as I am fluent in Italian as well :) I look forward to reading about your experience. I will hopefully post more in-depth later on today. I do have a lot to share.... Until then- ti auguro Felice e Sereno Anno Nuovo! (Sperando che ci possiamo dare del tu).
~ James E. Mumford

Your Italian is great, Zen Tzu, and of course we can "darci del tu". Wishing you too all the best for the New Year. :F
Hi Zen Tzu,

Looking forward to reading your posts. Your experiences will be interesting, I have no doubt.
"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today I've finished 2 bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already! ~ Dave Barry :)
Hello sevinufnine, a pleasure to make your acquaintance :) If I may I would like to address a now-locked topic where you had asked:

Have you or anyone else witnessed such behavior in a dog or other animal when their owner passes? What is most curious to me is how she could know dad was dying when he'd been away in the hospital for 3 full months. I find it even odder she died after almost the exact amount of time dad was in the hospital from the time he passed away.

Yes. Dogs are far more sensitive than we humans in every way. They just "know" and they also see things which we do not. Like us, Dogs can and do experience astral travel while asleep. I have had Dogs all of my life, in fact there has never been a time when I have not had a Dog. In the Fall of 1999 we lost our beautiful Golden Retriever to Hemangiosarcoma. We had a beautiful Lhasa Apso at that same time. The two were together for many years and they shared a true sibling love. Our Lhasa was very obviously grieving the loss and each time our front door opened, looked as if he was expecting our Golden to walk through it. I believe there is something to the three month theory. Almost exactly three months passed and our Lhasa joined his brother at Rainbow Bridge. I somehow always knew they would go together. The interesting thing is that in the months prior to his departure, each night around the same time our Lhasa would stare up above our front door and bark at something or someone.... which was not visible to anyone else. The night before we lost him while in the shower I suddenly saw a beautiful golden light shining in - as if someone had opened the bathroom door, yet when I looked the door was still shut and there was no one there. I believe this light was a messenger or the Spirit of my Golden. I also know that my Lhasa knew he was getting closer to crossing over as that night he spent special time with each family member separately, which was a bit unusual. Something woke me around 6 AM and when I went to look for him my Lhasa he was pacing back and forth almost as if in a state of labor. Around 45 minutes later he took his last breath. I was so grateful to have been with him during his last moment on this plane and viewed this as his last incredible gift to me. The next morning upon awakening I felt my Lhasa in Spirit at the foot of my bed and had a vision of my VERY happy Golden (who I know for a fact had not yet crossed over completely) indicating that they were once again together. As a point of interest around five weeks later my Doggies sent the most wonderful Soul to restore my Spirit - a sensational Shih Tzu who just recently turned 17 and has been the light of my life! :)
~ James E. Mumford

Thank you for that wonderful story and I'm impressed you've read back so far through the posts. I'm sure my dog and cats dream. I've heard the dog whine and bark while alseep and move her paws as if she's running.

If you don't mind, I'd like to share some of my observations of the animals I share my property with :)

We live in the country against many acres of woods. Observing the animals and learning their individual personalities is fascinating. Even the little fish in my koi pond have one. More interesting is how even insects show personality. Last year I observed a dragonfly that decided it "owned" the koi pond. It was there every day swooping in to chase away on any other that came near then go back to patroling back and forth across the yard over the pond. It kept this up most of the day every day.

The deer, birds, squirrels, turkey....all of them if one pays attention is unique. I especially enjoy watching the bird feeders hung right outside our living room window. Two of my favorites were a pair of wrens who had the cutest personalities and were fearless. Always first to start singing in the morning, often before dawn, they were almost always together and very vocal. Early January this year we had a fairly big snow storm and I noticed they weren't feeding with the other birds. Didn't give it much thought at the time, but a few days later my husband went to the outbuilding and told me there were 2 dead birds laying side by side. I knew immediately it was them, checked, and it was. Guessing they entered while we had the building open preparing for the snow and got closed in when we locked it back up. The wrens were very, curious and would find their way into our screened in porch through very, small spaces between the log siding. Sometimes only one, but often both same time. So naturally they saw the door open and flew in together to investigate only to get locked in with no water or food :( What I remember most of this sad situation was they were laying dead side by side. When one finally passed from at least 3 days stuck in there, the other went to it's side and died at some point along with it.

So yes, animals are aware and care for one another in many cases. Just hard for me to understand how they can do so with people although I believe it's often the case.
"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today I've finished 2 bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already! ~ Dave Barry :)
Hello, Thank you for letting me join. Have had few NDE's . Have read more than a few post here already and responded to some. I see many here longing for information and yes will respond. The experiences are the experiences yet I am having issues with the door prizes or spiritual gifts. What do you do with them? The healing one is awesome yet to explain it is impossible. I touch and the energy that comes through to the afflicted point is heighten yet full effect is not known until 3-5 days afterward. Can shut off pain, and done some other instances. I have had a lot of issues with this gift, and trying to get comfortable with the concept of it. Was a spiritual person and a church goer yet now I have been looking for a church to follow yet the doctrines I can not follow. One item to say to others, yes had NDE yet what comes after has not been a picnic. To Zen who stated about the points of light yup common occurrence. Do you see people as energy before you see them as people?
Hi Brian

NDEes are notoriously life changing and it sounds classically the process of re-adjustment that you are encountering.

There are universal churches whose members are not fundamentally biblical oriented but coming more from a cosmic consciousness that typically is based upon their own personal experience of "connection", so I would seek there.

A possibility for you is to strive to change your personal outlook from endo (ie, inward) to more so exo (ie, outward).

Consider your gifts as being for "to help others". (You didnt get them for no reason.) Consider them part of who now you are and that they are necessarily involved with your life mission.

As concerns bibles, churches and religions, look at them at least as historical records of accumulated passed down wisdom.

Take what for you is helpful from it and set aside the remainder.

Ride the wave of connection to higher consciousness, understanding & overcoming, all while realizing that like all learning and change, it is not necessarily painless and without struggle.

Regards,

Rey
16 posts Page 1 of 1