Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
They..........didn't believe me!
You...........should stay quiet!
I................don't look at the world the same way!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi there. I'm new to this site. Looking for people's experiences in feeling like you're making up stories when you talk about your NDE. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have had NDE's but I've never met one in person. I would openly talk about my experience, but I'm choosy who I tell, it can be upsetting when you share something like this with people and they treat you like you are liar - I'm actually honest to my own detriment sometimes. I like spiritual people who are open minded and more accepting of unusual experiences. Is there are a thread that you can point me towards? Thanks
First of all a hearty welcome to you!
I'm sure you'll find people on here very accepting of NDEs and related experiences. Besides, its against our policy for people to be nasty to each other on here.

Sounds to me like you mean you feel like you are making stuff up because earthly words and concepts fall so desperately short of the reality of your experience. Not sure there's a thread on that but I'm sure you would not be alone in that!

Dennis
Hoke74 wrote: Hi there. I'm new to this site. Looking for people's experiences in feeling like you're making up stories when you talk about your NDE. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have had NDE's but I've never met one in person. I would openly talk about my experience, but I'm choosy who I tell, it can be upsetting when you share something like this with people and they treat you like you are liar - I'm actually honest to my own detriment sometimes. I like spiritual people who are open minded and more accepting of unusual experiences. Is there are a thread that you can point me towards? Thanks

Hello and welcome

Dennis wrote: I'm sure you'll find people on here very accepting of NDEs and related experiences. Besides, its against our policy for people to be nasty to each other on here.

As Dennis said " its against our policy for people to be nasty to each other on here. " and It is probally the most strictly enforced rule we have

Looking forward to hearing your story

There is a link to mine at the bottom of this post called " Why an I Here " click it and enjoy

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Welcome, Hoke.

I'd love to hear about your NDE when you feel like sharing it, as well as any other thoughts and accounts you may wish to share about spiritually transformative experiences that you might have had even if not clinically dead.

I quite understand the need to be cautious about who one talks to about these experiences in everyday life and, as others have mentioned, you are certainly not alone about finding it difficult to share your experiences with others, but you have come to the right place. Do make yourself at home and have a look around.

There are many threads that mention the unease of sharing a spiritually transformative experience even with one's closest relatives. My personal strategy has now become to be bold and straightforward at least with my loved ones and those I speak to on a daily basis. Even if they only listen to 1% of what I have to share (such as the contents of the over 4000 experiences you can read here in Archives of the Near Death Research Foundation) I guess one can make the difference. And like Garry, I have shared some accounts in my signature links.

Now that science has started looking into these phenomena more closely, it has become easier to back up the fact that there is evidence that consciousness has a life of its own irrespective of the physical body.

Welcome aboard! :F
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Hoke...as a long time traveler i have learnt that true experiences are varied and there is little to help or confirm. Dont look to others to help you. I have spent a life looking for answers and havent found anyone with anything...but i sure have come across plenty of fakers.

And no... i dont believe there is any reason to post experiences. Whatever for? Do it if thats what you want but dont expect answers.

Unless you have the gift of inter dimensional travel, all experiences.... NDERFs, OBEs would be restricted to astral planes and with our creativity it can become weird.

Actually i no longer think there is any difference between the two...nderf or obe.... and i dont believe half of what i read either. And the half i believe to be truthful is halved by brain translation.

The brain does its bets to find appropriate translation when the memory is 'downloaded' to it...and if the person hasnt seen and been out there enough...read, seen, experienced etc...there arent enough images, concepts and words in the brain to help it store the images it receives....and apply cultural concepts ontop......so we get some startling memories!

My best advice? Keep calm. Keep grounded. Keep focus on life, it helps to ground you and also...we are here to live not get to know where we come from and will return. Its rather a waste of time and a life. Meditate. Become your own best council. Ask your guides/off world budies to help with explanation .... be receptive cause it will come in different ways...sometimes just as a gut feel. Enjoy the 'scenery' but dont think everything has meaning. A painting is a painting...to be seen and appreciated not have you thinking it has a message. And most important...dont think everything you experience applies to you. The brain does the best it can but...poor thing.... its very limited.
Visitor wrote: Hoke...as a long time traveler i have learnt that true experiences are varied and there is little to help or confirm. Dont look to others to help you. I have spent a life looking for answers and havent found anyone with anything...but i sure have come across plenty of fakers.

And no... i dont believe there is any reason to post experiences. Whatever for? Do it if thats what you want but dont expect answers.

Unless you have the gift of inter dimensional travel, all experiences.... NDERFs, OBEs would be restricted to astral planes and with our creativity it can become weird.

Actually i no longer think there is any difference between the two...nderf or obe.... and i dont believe half of what i read either. And the half i believe to be truthful is halved by brain translation.

The brain does its bets to find appropriate translation when the memory is 'downloaded' to it...and if the person hasnt seen and been out there enough...read, seen, experienced etc...there arent enough images, concepts and words in the brain to help it store the images it receives....and apply cultural concepts ontop......so we get some startling memories!

My best advice? Keep calm. Keep grounded. Keep focus on life, it helps to ground you and also...we are here to live not get to know where we come from and will return.

Its rather a waste of time and a life. Meditate. Become your own best council. Ask your guides/off world budies to help with explanation .... be receptive cause it will come in different ways...sometimes just as a gut feel. Enjoy the 'scenery' but dont think everything has meaning. A painting is a painting...to be seen and appreciated not have you thinking it has a message. And most important...dont think everything you experience applies to you. The brain does the best it can but...poor thing.... its very limited.

Thank You Visitor for some very wise words that also reflect my feelings exactly. I myself do not have the ability to put my thoughts into words, quite often, and I take and use other peoples words anf thoughts, to express my own feelings and opinions.

This part of your posting is what really resonated and reflects my feelings

we are here to live not get to know where we come from and will return.

Yes I am part of the Administration here who run this Forum, But it has helped me to come to that conclusion we are here to live not get to know where we come from and will return.

I simply have Faith where I will return to .

"Imagine"

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today... Aha-ah...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

THE STATION

Tucked away in our subconscious minds is an idyllic vision. We see ourselves on a long, long trip that almost spans the continent. We're traveling by passenger train, and out the windows we drink in the passing scene of cars on nearby highways, of children waving at a crossing, of cattle grazing on a distant hillside, of smoke pouring from a power plant, of row upon row of corn and wheat, of flatlands and valleys, of mountains and rolling hills, of biting winter and blazing summer and cavorting spring and docile fall.

But uppermost in our minds is the final destination. On a certain day at a certain hour we will pull into the station. There will be bands playing, and flags waving. And once we get there, so many wonderful dreams will come true. So many wishes will be fulfilled and so many pieces of our lives will finally be neatly fitted together like a completed jigsaw puzzle. How restlessly we pace the aisles, damning the minutes for loitering...waiting,waiting, waiting, for the station.

However, sooner or later we must realize there is no one station, no one place to arrive at once and for all. The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly outdistances us.

"When we reach the station, that will be it!" we cry. Translated it means,
"When I'm 18, that will be it! When I buy a new 450 SL Mercedes Benz, that will be it! When I put the last kid through college, that will be it! When I have paid off the mortgage, that will be it! When I win a promotion, that will be it! When I reach the age of retirement, that will be it! I shall live happily ever after!"

Unfortunately, once we get It, then It disappears. The station somehow hides itself at the end of an endless track.

"Relish the moment" is a good motto, especially when coupled with Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." It isn't the burdens of today that drive men mad. Rather, it is regret over yesterday or fear of tomorrow. Regret and fear are twin thieves who would rob us of today.

So, stop pacing the aisles and counting the miles. Instead, climb more mountains, eat more ice cream, go barefoot oftener, swim more rivers, watch more sunsets, laugh more and cry less. Life must be lived as we go along. The station will come soon enough.

By Robert J. Hastings

I encourage you to not think so far ahead. I greatly believe in planning our future, but when we live for the future, we are in turn shortchanging the blessings that are bestowed upon us in this present time.

There's a great quote that says,

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift and that is why it is called the Present."

Think about the blessings that are all around you and take time to enjoy, the right Now part of your life.
Don't allow yourself to only focus on things ahead, but slow down and take time to enjoy the journey that you're on today.

Link to 4000 more stories

Garry

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Visitor wrote: Hoke...as a long time traveler i have learnt that true experiences are varied and there is little to help or confirm. Dont look to others to help you. I have spent a life looking for answers and havent found anyone with anything...but i sure have come across plenty of fakers.

Sorry to hear about that. It must have been dissapointing.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Visitor, I really liked your post. Thank you!
8 posts Page 1 of 1