Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Post your Questions and Bug Reports here so...
Anybody can see them or answer them
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Im interested in getting answers from all NDERF stories ( circa 4000) - for example only for question 5 and 10 from your NDERF story database.

How can i do it?
Welcome, Matik. :F

I am interested in this question too. A few months ago I 'tried' to report an event and found myself logged out and only able to print what I wrote. I am still trying to find the time to report it all over again!

From my point of view, the best advice I can give a researcher is read all the reports and not only certain points. You never know what you might miss if you don't.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Giulia wrote: From my point of view, the best advice I can give a researcher is read all the reports and not only certain points, You never know what you might miss if you don't:

Read >4000 reports? thats sounds like joke. Even so you (your brain) will not be able to remember and make conclusions from specific areas. That's why statistic analysis/filtering come to play.

I've read above 100 reviews and its OBVIOUS for me and everyone i guess, that such database like NDERF should have advanced filtering :!: Otherwise its totally useless, especially for more scientific purposes.

I cant understand why its still not possible?? Moreover it seems there is no one who take care about this database and can seriously answer for this question and request. I hope that NDERF questions and answers are working on MySQL or something like that where such filtering should be piece of cake.
We are a subset forum of the original website and the SQL database is set up for the research of Dr Long and his wife .

It is not open to the public to search as you requested.
matik wrote: I've read above 100 reviews and its OBVIOUS for me and everyone I guess, that such database like NDERF should have advanced filtering:!: Otherwise, it's totally useless, especially for more scientific purposes.

I can't understand why it's still not possible??

Moreover it seems there is no one who takes care about this database and can seriously answer this question and request. I hope that NDERF questions and answers are working on MySQL or something like that where such filtering should be piece of cake.

Yes there is someone who takes care of it and does a very good job of keeping up with what it was originally designed to do which is

Give people the opportunity to post their story anonymously and allow Dr. Long to research the data as he needs to.

That's the best answer I can give you regarding the database.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Garry wrote: and does a very good job of keeping up with what it was originally designed to do which is
Give people the opportunity to post their story anonymously and allow Dr. Long to research the data as he needs to.

So it seems that they want to keep this only for them and dont want to give people opportunity to filter reports ? They refused ? That would be very sad information, very sad :/ . It could be very helpfull for many people to be able to compare data, experiences or trends.

On main page is sentence "Our Mission: To research and study consciousness experiences and to spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world."

So this "research and study" in my opinion is very limited and handicapped for now. I cant realize why would they want to keep existing/public data filtering in secret...

"
Garry wrote: Give people the opportunity to post their story anonymously and allow Dr. Long to research the data as he needs to.

There is no need to share any personal data - no need to show personal data from database. So i dont understand your point of view. Also in what way accessing to filtering data could be disturbing for Dr Long research ?

Please inform dr. Long that it would be great idea to make filtering available for everyone - not only for them.
Also it would be very good idea to go public MySql NDERF database (of course without any personal data - if they are ). In this way i would be able to extract any data with my preferences.

If there IS "mission" as they say it would't be any problem to reveal such valuable data to other researches.
I have given you the best answer I am capable of giving you and if you can't accept that answer about something that is not in the public domain, then maybe you should look elsewhere for free access to data that has been collected by someone else.

This conversation is now finished so please do not reply again with regard to access to the data.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Appropriate answer Garry.
matik wrote:
Giulia wrote: From my point of view, the best advice I can give a researcher is read all the reports and not only certain points, You never know what you might miss if you don't:

Read >4000 reports? thats sounds like joke. Even so you (your brain) will not be able to remember and make conclusions from specific areas. That's why statistic analysis/filtering come to play.

I've read above 100 reviews and its OBVIOUS for me and everyone i guess, that such database like NDERF should have advanced filtering :!: Otherwise its totally useless, especially for more scientific purposes.

Hi, Matik. As an experiencer myself, I was certainly not joking. I have found that the questionnaire provided to experiencers to fill in (whether they submit it to the Near Death Research Foundation or not), plays a crucial role in helping experiencers to put otherwordly facts, insights, evaluations and much more into the very limited number of words our dictionaries provide. Without those carefully worded questions, which might occasionaly sound repetetive if you are not the experiencer, the person filling in the form might end up not realising or forgetting crucial information, as our brain's reducing valve is specially devised to get us to focus on everyday life, i.e. to filter information.

I realise it might sound time-consuming to go through the full report, but in my humble opinion, if you only read the first 4 or 5 replies, you might be missing out crucial information. The way I see it, filtering is something that has nothing to do with a mystical experience and could, in fact, distort it all together. I find every account is precious and unique and deserves to be read in full.

If, as a researcher, you do not have the interest or patience to read the full account, then maybe you are just looking for statistics that would be of no scientific relevance anyway,

matik wrote: So it seems that they want to keep this only for them and dont want to give people opportunity to filter reports ? They refused ? That would be very sad information, very sad :/ . It could be very helpfull for many people to be able to compare data, experiences or trends.

On main page is sentence "Our Mission: To research and study consciousness experiences and to spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world."

matik wrote: So this "research and study" in my opinion is very limited and handicapped for now. I cant realize why would they want to keep existing/public data filtering in secret...

I personally contributed to writing that mission statement and I do not understand your point about keeping results secret or for a limited public. All I am saying is that the accounts are online for you to read and to read in full.

If I thought that somebody wanted to simply filter the first 4 or 5 replies, I would suspect there is a biased approach which would possibly limit and handicap all the efforts put into asking the questions and providing the answers.

I hope I have succeeded in getting my point across.
Garry wrote: so please do not reply again with regard to access to the data. This conversation is now finished

Sorry but you are not person who can tell me what i should write . Clearly you dont understand where problem lies and how important and valuable it could be for others. Besides I doubt you have any capability to free NDERF database up or code advanced filtering (especially without permission) . Also i doubt you have any willing to move this issue forward - "there is no filtering so it will never be and now shut up". SAD.

As i can see my request must be directed directly to Dr Long though i have hope he sometimes reads this forum. if not i will be forced to contact with him by mail or by other person who could meet him and know english well to get answer.

Giulia wrote: if you only read the first 4 or 5 replies, you might be missing out crucial information

Gulia its not what im talking about. Let assume that i want to know statistically how many people had vivid senses according to: "Were your senses More vivid than usual?" linked with "Did you feel separated from your body?" and "Did you pass into or through a tunnel?
Or "Are there one or several parts of your experience that are especially meaningful or significant to you? " and check out if there are common issues and how often they repeat or/and is there any link with "what is your religion" ?
Or: How many people feel fear before/after NDE "Did you fear death prior to your experience? "+ "Do you fear death after your experience?" ? Is there any correlation with ie. time ?
Or: what most often answers are at "During your experience, did you gain information about the meaning of life?"
Or: "Did you seem to encounter a mystical being or presence, or hear an unidentifiable voice?" + is there connection to religion ? or "Did you encounter or become aware of any beings who previously lived on earth who are described by name in religions (for example: Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, etc.)? "

As you can see there is a LOT informations based on statistically methods where method you propose is not adequate and useless. Your "crucial" informations this time are not in indywidual reports but in statistic. Of course ..when results are ready i can deep into details on single reports but this is after process. Believe me - its "hard" to remember even 50 answers for specific ONE question.

Please Gulia note that in book of Dr. Long there is a lot of such comparisons/collations - was'n it interesting for you ? I suppose almost everyone (excepts people like Garry maybe) would like to filter data according to his own preferences and draw out conclusions (which should be common in many aspects if live after live exists). More advanced process could filter words inside descriptions.

I hope now, you can see where hidden treasures lies - i can understand that someone dont want examine statistically results and dont bother about more wide perspective of this NDERF phenomenom and dont like when dr Noel do it in his book - but most i believe would grab chance if they could.

As a last resort i could copy every report from archives, split it out and put it into own database - but its hard way.
matik wrote: Please Gulia note that in book of Dr. Long there is a lot of such comparisons/collations - was'n it interesting for you ? I suppose almost everyone (excepts people like Garry maybe) would like to filter data according to his own preferences and draw out conclusions (which should be common in many aspects if live after live exists). More advanced process could filter words inside descriptions

Just a quick reply, Matik, as it is almost 11 pm here in Italy and I promise to reply in detail in the morning. As I explained, I am an experiencer and, regrettably, I have not yet happened to read the books you mention. I do not see how you could possibly draw any conclusions about what everyone, including me, and my colleague Garry differ about with respect to how we value NDEs.

But again, it is rather late over here and I will read your post in detail as soon as I get chance. I promise!
Matik wrote: Sorry but you are not person who can tell me what i should write . Clearly you dont understand where problem lies and how important and valuable it could be for others. Besides I doubt you have any capability to free NDERF database up or code advanced filtering (especially without permission) . Also i doubt you have any willing to move this issue forward - "there is no filtering so it will never be and now shut up". SAD.

As i can see my request must be directed directly to Dr Long though i have hope he sometimes reads this forum. if not i will be forced to contact with him by mail or by other person who could meet him and know english well to get answer.

Well Guess what Matic

I am the person who can tell you what is and is not acceptable here on the forum and I am telling you straight out " your attitude is not acceptable ", and If I hear one more word regarding this, I will ban you so quick you head will spin.

Please take the time to read the rules and if you don't like them then leave and don't bother coming back as you are already not welcome here and I will go out of my way to make you visit the most Un -Enjoyable visit you have ever had.

This link to this thread has already been sent to Dr. Long and if you think you will get anywhere with him with your better than everybody else attitude , you are welcome to try.

Oh an just out of curiosity, what part of this statement which was told to you in my first reply to you

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND

We are a subset forum of the original website and the SQL database is set up for the research of Dr Long and his wife .

If there is some part of that statement in particular that your limited intelligence can't understand please let me know and I will try and explain it to you in terms you will understand

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Garry wrote: I am the person who can tell you what is and is not acceptable here on the forum and I am telling you straight out " your attitude is not acceptable ".

Do you feel well? What kind of person you are to usurp right what people may or not to say ragarding to NDERF in generality and ban for nothing? ? I was only asking about possibility of advanced NDERF story filtering thats all . You are NOT person to decide whether such topics should or not be be continued - unless you are immature kid with too much (admin) power. Unfortunatelly It seems thats the case. If you dont like this topic - go threaten and torture users with your ego somewhere else.

Garry wrote: I will ban you so quick you head will spin. "

My poor admin.. ..im able to come back everytime when i want. Even IP blocking wouldnt help you.

Garry wrote: Please take the time to read the rules and if you don't like them then leave and

here? topic733.html ? If so..you should read it first.
- stay to the original post try no drift
- no bbcode

So show me where i break your "rules". BTW its the worst "forum rules" i've ever seen - because there is ...no rules except for subtle suggestion that admin is GOD and it fits perfect to your presented mentality. I bet you are amateur who has written this.

Garry wrote: don't bother coming back as you are already not welcome here and I will go out of my way to make you visit the most.

Im not welcome because you say that? . [/quote] Dont be funny
I'm wondering if dr Long is aware such incompetence and arrogance you present. Forum is official "face" of NDERF actually. Delusion of grandeur - thats your problem. What kind of miracle must have happen that such immature person got possibility to be admin on NDERF?

Garry wrote: This link to this thread has already been sent to Dr. Long

Very well. The more voices that adv. filtering and accessing to raw NDERF database is needed the better for us.

Garry wrote: We are a subset forum of the original website and the SQL database is set up for the research of Dr Long and his wife .

Its not open now - and it was suprise for me. But its nothing wrong to ask and write on NDERF forum how to potentially go public it. I also assume that here are people who could pass such idea on more directly to dr. Long - thats the point (instead of this i met cranky admin site). What part of this statement you still dont understand? In my opinion you didnt grow up to manage such site as admin.

Giulia wrote: Just a quick reply, Matik, as it is almost 11 pm here in Italy and I promise to reply in detail in the morning.

Propably im "banned" now : ) so this disscusion is over -and to be honest because of Garry i dont want to see this forum any more so he achieved his goal. Your reply is rather not neccessary - propably i know what you want to say. Problem is that my english is really poor - often im not able to put myself and explain what i mean what i want from NDERF database and describe why its very helpfull - besides its not my purpose. My purpose is to dr. Long enable access to NDERF reports in the way how he use it himself to extract interesting data. It would be on www page by advanced filtering, or access to data by sql file where you can download it, or something else. But if dr. Long dont know about such request/inquiry it never show up. NDERF with above 4000 reports is great datebase and can be used AS DATABASE. . It can be also that he dont want ease it or public more raw data - can be, but It would be nice to know about it. Anyway forum seems to be a good start point for this issue but... stupid and oversensitive admins are everywhere. Now i see i should rather try to write dr Long by mail directly from the start.

Thanks for reply Giulia. Bye. Regards.
matik wrote: As you can see Your "crucial" informations this time are not in indywidual reports but in statistic.

Matic, I did not realise last night how rude your approach had been, which is why I find it pointless to discuss the matter further. Anyway, before the administration team decides what to do about your obvious breach of our joining rules, I would just like to explain once again that I am an 'experiencer', and, as an 'experiencer', I know of the pitfalls involved in reporting a transpersonal mystical experience, depending on when I do it, how my memory can be triggered as I fill in a form, how much time has gone by since the event and so on.

Also, as an 'experiencer', I am granted the guarantee in writing by this Research Foundation that my submission will only be analysed within specifically approved studies or projects, a commitment I take very seriously, given the subject matter.

Not being a native English speaker is no excuse for the way you address our administration team and this discussion forum as a whole. Your threat to troll this message board even if your IP address is blocked is an even more serious offence.

I suggest you seriously reconsider your choice of words if and when you join any other online communities irrespective of your command of English. Your last post is being reported and may be deleted from the public forums, and please rest assured that any necessary disciplinary action will be taken in due course.
13 posts Page 1 of 1