Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
After-Death-Communication Nearing End of Life, Death Bed Visions, After Death Communication
20 posts Page 1 of 1
My grandson, Dakota had died at birth several years ago. His sister had died a few years before his death in a miscarriage. I was not there when they died.

On the day, and at the exact time of the ADC, I was performing a Lakota Native American ritual, alone, in the front yard of my deceased parent's home. There had been a drought in the area for at least a week. The ritual was to address the drought and I had no expectation at all about the children being involved in an ADC. The ADC was completely unexpected. The drought ended that day.

During the ritual and about the same time as the ADC, a strong smell of fresh rainwater seemed to rise from the dried out lawn where I was standing, and go up into the sky, where the ADC appeared. I had no active thoughts of the children at the time of the ADC, other than the memory of their deaths, of course. However, I was completely focused on the Lakota ritual that I was performing alone, in the front lawn. The ritual required a willing sacrifice of a treasured object of mine. I chose a cassette tape which actually had Rain in its title. It was a white noise meditative audio that I often used to relax and block out distracting sounds.

After my rain ritual, which required me to stand on open ground, the lawn of my deceased parent's home in this case, facing west, with feet spread about shoulder width, I ended the ritual by leaning backwards, so my upper body was almost parallel to the ground, my head facing upward and toward the east. That is when the ADC happened.

The entire sky appeared to be like a thick, pink and blue blanket of cloud cover. One bright star appeared to be in its normal place in the sky, directly above me. I took this to be Dakota. Then as I gazed backwards toward the eastern horizon, a less bright twinkling star appeared to be in its usual place in the sky, except it seemed to be hiding behind a tall tree across the street from my parent's home. I took this to be my granddaughter who had died in the miscarriage.

I was completely shocked by the appearance of the sky, the entire sky in all directions was covered by the pink and blue cloud cover and no other stars nor any break in the cloud cover appeared anywhere in the sky except for the two stars I described.

The ADC was completely sudden, except there appeared to be a quality of eternity within the few seconds of the ADC, that is, even though the ADC would certainly end in a few seconds, the actual relationship of the two children, and every aspect and being in the true reality would always be there in love and compassion.
I've read in books by psychic/mediums over and over again, that whenever you think of deceased loved ones, they are there with you. So the answer to your question would be Yes, you had an ADC as you described.

I've had many ADCs in my life, and I've struggled with believing whether some of them are true. But I have come to believe that when you think of that deceased loved one, they are there. Trust your mystical experience, as it is most likely true :)

Mystery Seeker :)
Mystery Seeker, thank you for your message !! It does seem as though certainty is a mortal sin :) Perhaps it is better to be uncertain about everything :) That way we are certain to never be bored :)
Mystery Seeker wrote: '...I’ve always known as far back as I can remember, that death is a part of life...'

I cannot remember much before I was seven years old, however, I am pretty sure I had that same idea throughout my life. I think I also never considered biological life as an end in itself, probably because I had my own NDE about age seven, and cannot recall my ideas about life before that.

I once spoke to an older lady about this topic of grief and she gave me a surprising insight to her own younger sister's grief when their father died. The older sister said that she herself had had plenty of time and opportunity to form a complete and satisfying relationship with their father, however, her younger sister had not had the same opportunity. The older woman felt that this explained why she herself had not grieved at his death, while her younger sister was extremely upset, constantly crying and emotionally shocked by their loss.

You mentioned in the other topic that your own father died about the time you completed high school. Did you have an ADC at that time?

My father died January 2006, during a normally cold winter where we live, near Pittsburgh PA. My father loved warm weather and often in his last years would even turn the heat in his home up to 90 degrees when the outside temperature was already ninety degrees in summer :) I told my sister, who is seven years younger, that I believed our father had given us an ADC because the day of his funeral was a mild summer-like day, when the rest of the days that winter were much colder :)
When I was 18 and my father died, he did not give me an ADC right after his death.

The first ADC I ever had was 3 years later when I was 21, and it was from my Dad. After that I didn't have any ADCs for another 11 years.

I did not know that the ADC I had at age 21 was an ADC. I just thought it was an unusual experience.

I was standing at a busy street corner and I heard my Dad's voice behind me telling me to do my jacket up. I turned around expecting to see a man there who sounded like my Dad, but there was no one on the street corner. I looked in all directions and saw no one walking away.

Into my 30s and 40s and 50s I've had more ADCs as I've gotten older. Some have even given me information about my life that I could verify, but most have not. It all can certainly make for an interesting life :)
Thanks for the reply, Mystery Seeker. I have had several ADCs as well, never heard a voice though, that is interesting :)
I've heard a voice several times. Really, I hear the voice in my mind's ear. I don't think others would hear the voice.

A surprising ADC came from Scott years ago, who I have written about in other ADC posts, and is with me often.

One evening I was watching TV, flicking around the channels, and out of nowhere, I heard Scott say something rather loudly about, finally, I was watching a country and western channel, and listening to C&W music.

His voice was clear and loud in my head. I was quite surprised, because I didn't even know he was with me, until he spoke up rather loudly.

In another ADC I had from Scott in 2003, I was traveling on vacation, and I got lost driving in a town. He floated inside my car along the ceiling, and told me clearly exactly where to look for an important road sign, which in hindsight probably saved my life, as it was a very important turn.

Some have suggested that I have medium abilities, so perhaps that's why I will hear a voice once in a while. I have no interest in developing those mediumistic abilities though.

Mystery Seeker
oh yeah,Mystery Seeker, I guess that would be something I had then :)

I definitely have received words, sentences such as you mention, I am sure no one else could have 'heard' them :) so then yes I have heard a few sentences that seemed like sounds, without actual physical noise, and many more lengthy pieces of sort of verbal intelligence that was too fast to be identified as sounds yet carried a ton of information :)

my NDE at age seven, for example carried a ton of information about chemistry that lasted like thirty years and got me a lot of A+ grades in high school and college :) and a LOT of hate from my classmates :)

And at least once, while driving up Santa Monica Boulevard in Los Angeles, heading toward the La Brea Tar Pits, I had some kind of event where I sort of lost my awareness while driving and had to pull over to avoid an accident :) I made it to the Tar Pits though.

Later, not sure if it was that event or not, but I was staying in Culver City where the serial killer Richard Ramirez was murdering anyone who answered their door when he knocked. I prayed a ton of Hail Marys at that time and he was captured in a few days!
WOW !! My ADC got posted: ANTHONY C ADC
gravitonring wrote: My grandson, Dakota had died at birth several years ago. His sister had died a few years before his death in a miscarriage. I was not there when they died.

Hi, gravitoring. Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience. It sounds as thought there were several factors involved in your experience, the ritual and the purpose of the ritual playing a key role. You had given away something you cared for and were fully focused on the wellbeing of the area the rain ritual was meant for. The description of the sky is awesome and sounds like the tangible evidence that you were succeeding in pursuing your practical goal in a spiritual way. Your connection with the spirit world from such a selfless perspective makes your connection with your grandchildren feel as the evidence that we are never really separated from our loved ones in spirit, as we are all spirit beings anyway. It also feels as though your grandchildren were taking part in the ritual with you, just as the sky, the smell of rainwater, the two stars and that very special quality of eternity conveying an undying sense of love and compassion.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
WOW Giulia, your message is a wonderful perspective that I think I missed in my own thoughts about the ADC.

Giulia wrote: '... It also feels as though your grandchildren were taking part in the ritual with you...'

Not sure if I had considered this aspect of the ADC :) Until your message I just sort of thought my grandchildren were saying: 'Right you think it might rain anyway dude, whether you do some silly ritual or not ??' :)
Hi, gravitonring. I did not mean to interpret your experience.

I feel the experiencer (in this case you) is the only real expert about what happened. If that was your feeling, then it must have definitely been that way.

Incidentally, the expectation that something is going to work whatever the case may be is at the route of very ancient beliefs (or should I say knowings?) about how we create our reality.
Oh my God Giulia, I was kidding :) Their mother might have said that too, but only as a joke :) Their mother worked for Mister Rogers for three years 1991 to 1994 where she composed about 1000 letters every month to Fred's fans, mostly children...
http://www.fredrogers.org/fred-rogers/bio/ because of my daughter's children's death, she and her husband started websites and personal services for grief counselling http://www.kotapress.com however they have gone on to create many more amazing websites and services such as http://www.GriefAndCreativity.com and http://www.CreativeGriefStudio.com
Giulia, my daughter actually had three children who died at or before birth, the third was after my ADC...

Dakota Jones was the boy who died at birth from an umbilical chord accident, Mizuko Star, and Baby J...

OOPS I forgot to mention the REASON my daughter, Kara, and her husband decided to publish so much about the children who die at or before birth, which is that the socially acceptable norms were to never mention the child who died or at least counsel against grieving or celebrating the child who died as a real person...for my own opinion and sincere beliefs, I guess to can tell what my interpretation would be :)

Here is a site about the meaning of the name Mizuko https://embryo.asu.edu/pages/mizuko-kuyo
gravitonring wrote: OOPS I forgot to mention the REASON my daughter, Kara, and her husband decided to publish so much about the children who die at or before birth, which is that the socially acceptable norms were to never mention the child who died or at least counsel against grieving or celebrating the child who died as a real person...for my own opinion and sincere beliefs, I guess to can tell what my interpretation would be :)

Here is a site about the meaning of the name Mizuko https://embryo.asu.edu/pages/mizuko-kuyo

Hi, gravitoring. Thanks for providing all the background information and the links. I am very interested in the topic as I spend most of my free time volunteering in the field of bereavement support, irrespective of bereaved people's beliefs. Since I happen to have pre-birth memories, that is memories about being 'ME' before I ever entered linear time and this physical life, I strongly believe that we all have our own eternal identity and personality even if we do not make it to this physical plane.

I remember that when I was just a few years' old, I asked my Italian grandmother out of the blue, 'You have had another child, haven't you, besides dad and my two aunts?' She was really shocked about that statement, as they had never told us children about it and had hardly ever mentioned the topic over the last decades, possibly because it was too painful. That's how I found out that my grandparents had lost a 6-month-old daughter and that I had an extra aunt.
WOW !! Giulia, I cannot even imagine myself having a memory while in utero :)

I know that my daughter was quite sentient and joyful while in utero because she played games with her mother and me !!

It was as though my daughter could see outside her mother's body.

I had never imagined that before I saw my daughter playing whack a mother :)

Kara would punch a part of her body out of her mother's belly and as soon as I would move toward her hand or foot or whatever was punching the lump, Kara would pull that lump back and poke out some other body part sort of on the other side of her mother's belly so you could never actually touch the bump Kara was making :)
gravitonring wrote:
It was as though my daughter could see outside her mother's body.

I had never imagined that before I saw my daughter playing whack a mother :)

Kara would punch a part of her body out of her mother's belly and as soon as I would move toward her hand or foot or whatever was punching the lump, Kara would pull that lump back and poke out some other body part sort of on the other side of her mother's belly so you could never actually touch the bump Kara was making :)

Some psychics such as Edgar Cayce, say that babies don't actually stay in their baby body until right before birth. Before birth they go in and out of their baby body, so your daughter probably could see outside of her Mom's body.

Mystery Seeker
that makes sense to me, Mystery Seeker, because my idea of how we exist ALL the time is as an intangible awareness of everything, including our human self and human experiences, which we see from the point of view of the intangible awareness...

since our human self and human experiences are tangible [mostly :)] we can observe them from any point of view with our awareness, which is how I believe we existed forever, as an intangible observer, so I never think of my human self as being outside my body :) my human self IS my body :)

so in my concept, I am always outside of my body :)
gravitonring wrote: so in my concept, I am always outside of my body :)

I absolutely feel the same way about that, gravitonring

About babies being aware of their physical family during pregnancy and being affected by their parents' moods and experiences during pregnancy, this is something I never really questioned.

However, my pre-birth memories have to do with my existence before entering this physical world altogether, and before my parents' generation entered it. You can find the account in one of my signature links.
Giulia wrote: Over these last 25 years I have come to the conclusion that this physical life is a temporary dream, a temporary illusion that we are separate from each other and that physical death is the end. I also feel that our spirit must have at some point made the decision to accept the illusion, but I am not sure I will ever understand the mystery of pain and grief until I finally re-awaken from this dream

OMG Giulia, until I found this forum, I seriously thought I was the only living human to actually believe this :)

I must admit that your experiences linked in your signature are so intricate and detailed that my mind is literally unable to comprehend what the implications are for our previous existence before our human experience, and even more mind boggling what the true nature of our lives are to be after this grand illusion :)

I have always tried to keep my own ideas about this as simple as I could imagine :) partly because I think my human brain is really some kind of puppy :) I would try to protect it from being anything other than a puppy :)
20 posts Page 1 of 1