Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
All posts will be moderated before being posted.
Content must suit the educational aims of the NDERF
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I was contacted by a person who claimed to have been Jeffrey Long MD from the NDERF site. He stated that an executive producer from NBC John Hiscock was interested in my story and wanted to contact me by phone. I found out that this was a phishing scam in an attempt to get information from my account, please be careful if you receive any messages of this type!
Thanks for lettings us know, philipshadowfire! I have informed Jody. Were you contacted by e-mail? I wonder how they got your contact details. It would be helpful if you could let us know, so that we can take measures to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks.
Giulia
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Hi Giulia and thanks, I was contacted by email approximately 7-24-17. They have a pirated nderf site: mycorkboard.ca that was designed to look like your web page. The only thing I can think is that I revisited the nderf site about a month ago to provide contact information in case anyone wanted to get ahold of me. Sometimes I am sadly a little too trusting and rush without thinking when sharing my story with others!
philipshadowfire wrote: Hi Giulia and thanks, I was contacted by email approximately 7-24-17. They have a pirated nderf site: mycorkboard.ca that was designed to look like your web page. The only thing I can think is that I revisited the nderf site about a month ago to provide contact information in case anyone wanted to get ahold of me. Sometimes I am sadly a little too trusting and rush without thinking when sharing my story with others!

Hi, philipshadowfire. Thanks for your reply. That site you mention ( mycorkboard.ca) actually exists: it was used during the recent migration. I still don't understand whether the message was genuine, but I have just heard from Dr Long, and here is a copy of his e-mail:

This is from Jeffrey Long, MD, and I did send the message from John, the NBC producer to many NDErs that John had selected. I talked with John at length prior to sending these emails, and this is for real. I just heard back from an NDEr that talked at length with an assistant producer at NBC. If philipshadowfire would like, he can forward to me the email that he received regarding this at my email address (nderf@nderf.org). I would then be able to confirm whether or not he was one of the NDErs contacted. If it would help, please feel free to post this on the NDERF message board. I am unaware of any email that Jody and I have ever sent to NDErs at any time that has been used inappropriately by a third party for phishing.

Jody and I are often contacted by the media, including national media, who would like to communicate with NDErs. It is the NDERF policy to have the media source send us a brief message regarding the media event that we then forward to the NDErs that the media want to contact. This method is necessary to preserve the confidentiality of NDErs and their contact information.

Best regards,

-Jeffrey
Jeffrey Long, MD

If you could kindly forward the e-mail you received to Dr Long, then that would help him assess if he actually contacted you.

I am posting this to reassure all other experiencers that your privacy is protected.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Thanks for informing us about your email and your concern from [url]mycorkboard.ca[/url].

This is a backup website that I am working on in case we need to migrate from this server to another due to rumblings in the background about a takeover by another provider.

Thats about all the details I can give you as I don't know much more than that, But I like to be prepared for situations that may be beyond our control.

I set this up before my busy season at work started and I haven't had anytime to do any more with it.

I am not sure how an email was sent to you from that site as I haven't done anything more than made a backup of the original site for safety reasons .

Thanks for the compliment that ( It looks like the original site ) Grin

I am busy now right through to winter so if you get anything else please address it to me for my knowledge

Thanks

Garry

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
5 posts Page 1 of 1