Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
24 posts Page 1 of 1
When your in a Forum ,

Clicking the New Topic Button

will start a New Topic

and then the post your message

You also need to register after you make an Introduction so that people can contact you with a Private message or an email and to gain access to the rest of the board features

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Not being very computer savvy I don't know if I'm doing this right, but this is my introductory post to this site.

I have been fascinated by NDEs since before they were called NDEs. My father and mother both experienced them; he in the 1930s, she in the '50s. When Life After Life was published we discussed as a family and my interest has continued to grow. The ones I find most interesting are those that bring something new to the table. For example I followed links from nderf and got Natalie Sudman's Application of Impossible Things. Wonderful stuff, being in three different places at the same time while her body was in the process of being blown up by an ied in Iraq... Everybody should read it.

So hello everyone. I'm new to this sort of thing (discussion boards, that is), so it will be interesting to see how this goes...
Good evening His Nibs!

Delighted you are here!

I am going to look at Natalie Sudman's Application of Impossible Things ~ and will report back .... ;-)

You are English, aren't you? So am I, and there's a couple more English people here too - so welcome to your home-from-home, you will make friends here!

I'm guessing that although your parents both had NDEs, you have not? Same for most of us here.

Welcome!!

Cathy
Hi Nibs,

We're glad you are here. Yes, forum software is a little weird at first, but once you get used to it, it's very interesting and communal. You'll figure it out!
Hi :)
Wanna introduce myself.
Im from sweden and wrote my experience here three years ago.
The experience I had -98.
I would like to write with others about this amazing. :-)
Therese wrote: Hi :)
Wanna introduce myself.

A Big WELCOME to you!
ccndr wrote:
Therese wrote: Hi :)
Wanna introduce myself.

A Big WELCOME to you!

Thank you ! :)
I remember reading your account! You were run over by a van, right?
ccndr wrote: I remember reading your account! You were run over by a van, right?

A van stopped and the driver waved to me to go and I did :D and behind came another car.
Therese wrote:
ccndr wrote: I remember reading your account! You were run over by a van, right?

A van stopped and the driver waved to me to go and I did :D and behind came another car.

I should have looked back at your post. Amazing... http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/therese_b_nde.htm
Welcome Therese! I just re-read your story and it's very inspiring.
What do you generally think about worry after your NDE?
Misha wrote: Welcome Therese! I just re-read your story and it's very inspiring.
What do you generally think about worry after your NDE?

Thank you.
I don't worry about much anymore and I am not afraid of dying. :)
Try to live my life in a way I can feel as meaningful and doesn't regret when it's my time to go home.
Welcome Therese! I Also just re-read your story .

Hope you find a second Home away from Home here and make some new friends.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Garry wrote: Welcome Therese! I Also just re-read your story .

Hope you find a second Home away from Home here and make some new friends.

Thank you Garry! :)
Is it only me that feel a need to really talk about this?
We should talk about it all the time and tell everybody. :)
But its just the last months I have started to feel that this is important.
Dont know why.
I guess I hasnt been ready before.
It is more than 16 years since my nde now.
That is why this forum exist, so that people can talk about their experence if they so desire with no ridicule or condemnation

We want to hear what you have to say

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Therese wrote: Is it only me that feel a need to really talk about this?
We should talk about it all the time and tell everybody. :)
But its just the last months I have started to feel that this is important.
Dont know why.
I guess I hasnt been ready before.
It is more than 16 years since my nde now.

From my standpoint, I haven't (yet) experienced an NDE. But I'm a believer... The content and variety of experiences is so broad and deep as to make it hard to know where to begin... My point of reference is currently that of an amateur (wanna-be) researcher. My interest at the moment is focused on the nature of memory (personal, universal), and where that is "stored", vs. where modern medicine research concludes that it is located. I am also trying to understand the connections between NDEs and psychic experiences, etc.

It seems of enormous value and importance that folks discuss these experiences. Studying these experiences is transforming much of my thinking about religion (as a Christian), time, physical reality and the nature of the universe in general.

Your account is one of many - yet you have a view of reality that most of us only read or hear about. Real stories like yours from real people like you make my head spin, bombard my mind with ideas, shake the foundations of so many notions that I was raised with.
I'm thinking about that I had this experience when I thought I should die...
I mean I didn't die and wasn't in near of that either according to what actually happened.
But the second before I was in that other world I prepared myself on my death... and that high Consciousness actually gave me the choice to leave my earthly life or not. And it was sooo real!!
Way more real than I can say of this consciousness here. I remember being disappointed after of how poor this existence is compared to how it was there. :D
Somehow it's linked to that we are trapped inside our physical bodies. Our consciousness/spirit can leave the body when something critically or very emotionally happens.
It's so amazing and hopeful and we all can't deny this anymore! :)
I'm sure it's meant for us to share this with each other and to convince all humans that it IS an existence for us after our physical death.
Now we have the possibility with worldwide connection.
:P
Therese,

You are right! The out-of-body experiences that happpen when we get really scared, but not injured, are called fear-death experiences. They're amazing.
:)
I was injured but didnt die like they with cardiac arrest for exempel.
But i thought I should die and like let go of life and then in second I was in that other existance. :)
Therese, ccndr, Misha, Garry
What a fascinating conversation!

It's such a treat to read posts from someone who has experienced an NDE. I read your story Therese, So wonderful!
I am so glad to hear more of your views and your thoughts about your experience, here. And you are certainly not alone in wanting to talk about this. Your story along with so many others provide hope, excitement and strengthens the faith for so many. Can't wait to read more.

I have not experienced one myself, but Just like Ccndr, I am convinced about the reality of the NEDs from reading so many of them here. It's so hard to imagine for those of us who haven't experienced this, and yet to me, it makes perfect sense that so much wonder and beauty even in this physical world, can not possibly be all there is for us, it can't just the product of evolution as so many scientist say. There has to be more than just what we perceive with our limited physical senses.

Misha, your comment about "fear death experiences", is so interesting. Is it perhaps, the incredible love and compassion source protecting us from the pain of our own fear.

And how lucky for us living in a time when tecknology allows for this NDE information to be shared and made available to to anyone around the world, providing testimony of the existence of something better, bigger and wonderful waiting for us when our time is up.

Natalie
hello eveyone
never been on an internet forum before so im a bit nervous.
ive had many out of body experiences since being 16 and it has drastically shaped my life and the way i think about the world.
im now 32 and a recent bout of intense experiences has has led to significant changes in my personal life and made me want to connect and talk with others who have similar things going on.
thanks
sam
Hello Sam and Welcome

I have had 1 short OBE myself and it is partly why I myself have ended up here, helping to create a safe place for anybody who wishes to hear or talk about things such as this.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences

Garry

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Hi Sam

Welcome!
Look forward to hearing your thoughts. Please read the rules section when you get a moment. We're very flexible, but we have to be careful about somethings, for example self-harm, amateur medical advice, etc.
24 posts Page 1 of 1