Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
If your not sure where to post it, Then Stick it in here and maybe we will move it somewhere

And maybe we won't either
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

First of all, I would like to specify two things: first, I am a non-Anglophone, so I apologize in advance if some of my sentences are not well formulated! Then, I am not myself a NDE experiencer, even though I know someone very close to me, a family member, who has had an NDE a long time ago. Still, I am asking my question here because I am truly seeking for help regarding this particular concern.

I have read a lot of NDE testimonies. I have my own feeling that we, humans, are here for a good reason, the latter being learning from life in order to conquer all our evil inclinations, all our faults and seek for love. Lots of testimonies from experiencers, if not all, point at the fact that the only thing that really matters in life is unconditional love towards the living beings.

I also believe that, even though I haven't experienced an NDE myself. However, one question still haunt me, no matter how hard I try not to focus on it:

If all that really matters in life in this physical world we are stuck in is love for the livings, then why are we surrounded by physical natural beauties, stimulus, matters objects and so on that I, as a simple human, like to love? For example, I like the color brown. I also like, when fall comes around, to pick up a beautiful leaf that would have fallen from a tree and to wonder at the magnificent details that compose the said leaf! I like to sing, I like to draw and enjoy the physical aspects of this world in so many ways...

Of course, there is nothing I love more than my family, my friends. I also put the livings before any other concern in life. The plants, animals and all. Or, at least, I hope I try hard enough to do so.

But, then, I can't put this out of my head: what could be really wrong in loving things that are related to the physical world only? Material, etc. Isn't loving life, including the material aspects, also a manifestation of love in itself? If loving the physical world is a bad thing, than why is it existing in the first place? Also, am I to be punished because I have such inclinations? Loving physical things?

Thanks a lot to whoever is going to take the time to reply to this message: it will, I hope, help relieving some worries.
al1zoin asked: But, then, I can't put this out of my head: what could be really wrong in loving things that are related to the physical world only? Material, etc. Isn't loving life, including the material aspects, also a manifestation of love in itself? If loving the physical world is a bad thing, than why is it existing in the first place? Also, am I to be punished because I have such inclinations? Loving physical things?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
I have not had an NDE so I am anxious for NDEers to answer. However, I have had psychic, medium, remote viewing, OBE, past life, dream, etc. experience and will answer from 'my viewpoint'.

'God-like love' is important to develop. However, my understanding of why we are here and why we 'reincarnate', is to gain 'experiences' and 'learn'. Yes, the good, bad and ugly are all something we could not 'experience' in our original/eternal state or really understand. The experiences we planned to have in this incarnation were planned before we took on the 'physical bodies' we are currently in.

There is nothing bad in loving things related to the physical world. In my 'world view' there is no way you will be punished for 'loving' physical things. However, 'God-like love' includes much more than loving 'only' physical things.
Thank you so much for this quick answer Dreamer. You cannot imagine how much this is appreciated.

I know that there is so much I can still do in order to become a better person towards my fellow beings, so much I still can learn. I am simply globally anxious in life and, at least knowing that I can celebrate and enjoy life as most people do is kind of a big relief. Deep inside me, I know that 'God-like love' is what we all should reach for.

I once read a testimonial where it was said that: "everything is possible". That single though has done a lot by itself to keep me on tracks. As long as Love is and will always be, I am fine :).

Can't wait for other comments!!
Al...
I believe we can only love other living persons, animals, etc. Because love, to me, has to be capable of being reciprocated. It is a give and take thing. We cannot love objects. They can't love us back.
We certainly can enjoy our earthly things, that is what they are here for, we should enjoy them.
When I left this earthly world for my 12-15 minutes I will tell you that none of the things of this world mattered even a little. I no longer cared about anything here.
Just, my two cents.
ano
al1zoin brilliant question.

Ive been thinking about this a lot recently and can tell you from my experience the physical experience is exactly why we are here. No where else in our journey will we ever experience this again. Earth is real it is the only place that inhabits physical beings that can sense colour, smell, taste etc .... ENJOY its a gift !
Hi, al1zoin, and welcome :F Thanks for bringing up this very interesting question.

First of all, I highly respect ano's perspective, as she has experienced death and genuine detachment from the physical plane.
My understanding comes from many out-of-body experiences, from mystical, mediumistic and transpersonal experiences, but I have never experienced physical death. From this perspective, I have always been challenged by family members who insisted on me throwing things away. So I have been considering this topic for many years now. My understanding is that the things I am mostly attached to have a spiritual meaning that has an essential/life-saving value on this plane and as long as I will be on this plane. Such "things" include train tickets, ultrasound scans, Christmas cards, photographs, broken coffee cups, children's drawings and the like.

I know this attachment is temporary, yet I value these things tremendously and can get extremely upset if I am told I should through them away or if they get accidentally thrown away. I also feel this home and a few other homes I have lived in (such as my parents' and my grandparents') have a spiritual essence that is eternal, as it conveys a sense of love, bliss and belonging that no other house can convey.

So I do not feel at all guilty about it and am sure that the reason I am so attached to them is that they are a physical replica/manifestation of core and undying "things" (for lack of a better word) that one day I will once again be fully aware of and connected to.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
6 posts Page 1 of 1