Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
2 posts Page 1 of 1
"Since the Spirit World is governed by the law, “like attracts like” and only thoughts exist there, the state of mind is the main criteria which decides where a deceased person goes. A deceased person goes to the world inhabited by people with the same type of mind as his, be it heaven or hell.

Thus, the sum of all the elements in life on earth determines where people go after death. The destination after death is determined by following the rule of self-responsibility. All people have the freedom of choice in their life and what appears after death reflects the choices they have made.

All people have to review their lives after they die, but by beginning this self-reflection process in advance, they can achieve spiritual progress much more swiftly. This is what true religions teach.
"

Ref : Death and the Afterlife
https://happyscience-na.org/about/teachings/spiritual-truth/death-and-the-afterlife/

I like the last sentence and it does line up to a high degree with Christ based teaching. At this point in time for me what I am not able to accept from Christianity is the implication (assertion?) that spiritual evolution becomes fixed after earth life (ie, one becomes permanently transitioned either to one of a number of heavenly mansions or to a ring of hell). The NDE is basically saying that things are more complicated that that. That there are many dimensions of or for conscious awareness. That it is possible to be (or experience) "one with all that there is" to that "one can exist as an isolated individual conscious awareness" to any state of mind in-between. That spiritual evolution involves mastering lessons based on experiencing many forms of incarnation(s). Such incarnation(s) provide the breath and depth of experience required to actually master the lessons which ultimately integrate to one's individual unique identity (ie, "higher self").

There's more, but it is difficult to express.

The details may be found among the NDE.

Johnny Cash Lyrics
"Highwayman"

I was a highwayman. Along the coach roads I did ride
With sword and pistol by my side
Many a young maid lost her baubles to my trade
Many a soldier shed his lifeblood on my blade
The bastards hung me in the spring of twenty-five
But I am still alive.

I was a sailor. I was born upon the tide
And with the sea I did abide.
I sailed a schooner round the Horn to Mexico
I went aloft and furled the mainsail in a blow
And when the yards broke off they said that I got killed
But I am living still.

I was a dam builder across the river deep and wide
Where steel and water did collide
A place called Boulder on the wild Colorado
I slipped and fell into the wet concrete below
They buried me in that great tomb that knows no sound
But I am still around..I'll always be around..and around and around and
around and around

I fly a starship across the Universe divide
And when I reach the other side
I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can
Perhaps I may become a highwayman again
Or I may simply be a single drop of rain
But I will remain
And I'll be back again, and again and again and again and again..

"That spiritual evolution involves mastering lessons based on experiencing many forms of incarnation(s). Such incarnation(s) provide the breath and depth of experience required to actually master the lessons which ultimately integrate to one's individual unique identity (ie, "higher self")".
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

That is what I have understood through meditations, especially past life meditations. I 'believe' I have seen 'glimpses' of at least 2 past lives (non human) where I was not on this 'earth' based on either what I saw or was, but either on another planet or in a different dimension. I have also seen a number of 'past lives' here on planet earth but not all were human.

I also have experienced through meditation/dreams what a life review is like.

I never had an NDE and never hope to get one but do appreciate what information NDErs share! Thanks!
2 posts Page 1 of 1