Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Post your Questions and Bug Reports here so...
Anybody can see them or answer them
10 posts Page 1 of 1
When you aren't so busy Garry, please could we have a 'like' button?

Cathy
Well I guess you will have to explain to me what a like button is for and then I can see what I can do .

This forum is running on a shared server meaning that I am limited as to what I can do because some thing require Mods or Modification of the file structure which would affect every other forum that is also running on this server.
Image




Why Am I Here




One Look Dictionary
It's a polite way of letting the person who posted know that you've seen, liked, appreciated, noted or approved what they have said - a kind of 'nod' where words may not be necessary. Just like on Facebook. I noticed somewhere that someone else asked for a 'like' button. (On Facebook it's a 'thumbs up' sign, but doesn't have to be - it could simply be the word,'Like'.)

Cathy
Ok I will see what I can find ... I understand that request.....

I was concerned that it was a button that shared the post to Facebook which in the interest of Privacy for the members I wasn't sure if that was a good idea.

Let me see what I can find
Image




Why Am I Here




One Look Dictionary
[like][/like]
Garry wrote: Ok I will see what I can find ... I understand that request.....

I was concerned that it was a button that shared the post to Facebook which in the interest of Privacy for the members I wasn't sure if that was a good idea.

Let me see what I can find
Image




Why Am I Here




One Look Dictionary
[like][/like]
CathyK wrote: It's a polite way of letting the person who posted know that you've seen, liked, appreciated, noted or approved what they have said - a kind of 'nod' where words may not be necessary. Just like on Facebook. I noticed somewhere that someone else asked for a 'like' button. (On Facebook it's a 'thumbs up' sign, but doesn't have to be - it could simply be the word,'Like'.)

Cathy
Image




Why Am I Here




One Look Dictionary
Ok so we now have a ( FaceBook )Like Button

It DOES not transport anything to facebook.....


Another user MAY NOT have the ability to edit the post of another user and being that I can not Modify the files that make this forum work because its on a shared server

The only way would be a 2 step Process

if a user post something you like and would like to Give IT A LIKE BUTTON

as your on the persons post

Hit the QUOTE Button that is on their post

The program now Quotes everything that the person said to a new post and puts it inside Quotation Tags and also Tags it as Garry Wrote ( in Bold )
and everything they wrote

Now you can select either before or after the QUOTE tags

And the you use the LIKE bbCode tag to place a button

------------------
[like][/like]

At the moment anybody can change the status of this LIKE button but we can fix that by making our own button

Give me you opinion on this so far as to whether this 2 step process will be acceptable
Image




Why Am I Here




One Look Dictionary
Oh, Garry, you've done really well to create a "like" button exactly similar to Facebook's own "like" button, but it's exactly the same logo as Facebook's and that can't be right. Also, the way you want it to function isn't what I had in mind when I asked if we could have a "Like" button. Maybe it would help if you asked a young person - who has a Facebook account - to explain how a "Like" button works. Sorry I didn't describe it very well!
Garry, the "Like" button you've made really DOES link straight to Facebook - whoops! Not what you intended, IS it?
CathyK wrote: Garry, the "Like" button you've made really DOES link straight to Facebook - whoops! Not what you intended, IS it?



No that is for sure not what I intended .

It looks like a LIKE button from face book as that is where the code came from Grin

What I need to know Cathy is how did you find out that it does link to facebook as I dont use my facebook account here on the forum unless you are looking at an old face book account of mine

I will check
Image




Why Am I Here




One Look Dictionary
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests