Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
After-Death-Communication Nearing End of Life, Death Bed Visions, After Death Communication
35 posts Page 1 of 1
Here's the short version:
I had to leave my old (very beloved cat) halfway across the world, while I travelled. People told me she was too old for the trip. I was really into learning about the ND Experience, etc., and already on a spiritual path when my cat (needless to say, super close, wonderful, cat... ) died. Right after she died I sent a lot of meditations/energy to her and to "The Light" saying to please visit me/please let her visit me. I wondered if she was "angry" at me for leaving her with a good friend who liked her.

Well, the first night after she died. Nothing. The morning after the second night I was slowly waking up. I was clearly partially dreaming because I remember seeing a colliseum or stadium. I think was very lightly asleep. Suddenly I felt a large weight jump on to the foot of the bed (as my cat used to do). In a microsecond, I was fully awake thinking, "She did it!", but I kept my eyes closed.

Next their was a very loud puff of air into my ear, like when a cat checks you out when you are sleeping. I kept my eyes closed and thought, "OK, either she is visiting me, or my wife just checked on me or something." I slowly opened my eyes, and focused on my wife. She was across the room and very soundly asleep. There was no way she hit the bed or blew in my ear. As time goes on, I start to doubt it all, but that's what we always do with great experiences -we intellectualize them into doubts.
On 14th February, Garry invited us to test the 'Cork Board'. I put up a picture of my beautiful, loyal, affectionate cat, Attie.

Strange coincidence - he died later that day - aged only 6 years 9 months. He was glanced by a car on the main road, managed to get to a neighbour's hedge before died underneath it. He was my darling and I loved him so very much.

It IS better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all - just about. But it is so painful.

Your cat jumped on the bed, Misha, shortly after passing. I am so accustomed to my cat jumping on my bed during the night, (cold wet paws, loud purring, trying to settle as close to my face as possible), and I really have hoped, and half expected him to do this. He hasn't. Yet.

When my beloved 11 year old dog, Brumas, died it was the last time I saw him. That was in May 2012. He was strongly attached to me and, although a friendly & affectionate boy, he was not closely attached to anyone else. Yet, it was my husband who had several stirring dreams of him. In the first dream, about 3 days after he passed, my husband dreamed, vividly and realistically, that he was trudging through deep mud when he realised that Brumas was struggling to keep up with him so, in the dream, my husband lifted him up into his arms and carried him through the mud. (In 'day-time life', this would not have been feasible as Brumas weighed 8 stone (54 kilos). As he was carrying Brumas my husband felt an overwhelming sense of 'grateful & happy thankfulness' coming from my dog - it was so strong that he woke up and, weeping, told me about it. My husband is always reluctant to talk about 'life after death'; he knows my beliefs but has said that the idea of spending 'Eternity' in an 'afterlife' is boring beyond endurance and is more like a notion of Hell. In other words, he doesn't believe in it.... So why did Brumas come to him after dying, and not to me? Big question because Brumas and I loved each other.

And, to be honest, I have grieved MORE for Brumas than any family member's death, including my parents.

What does this say about me?
Cathy and Misha

I think pets can perfectly appear after death because they are spirits just as we are.
Thank you for that Dina

On the day my dog Brumas died, I lay on the floor with him and told him, 'We'll be together again'.

I believe, 100%, that animals - No! All Living Creatures! - exist as animated living beings, because they have/are Souls.

However, there's a disappointing number of NDEs where a loved animal puts in an appearance. I remember reading one NDE where a woman was met by her recently deceased dog. However, of the thousands of NDEs collected by NDERF, vanishingly small numbers feature deceased, loved animals.

So, where are they?

When we come back to 3-dimensional life, do we always come back as a human? Might a human come back as a dog? Might a dog come back as a human? Or any other inter-change of species?

I once said to my father, "When I come back, it will be as a man!" and he replied, "You can't do that. What you are is fixed forever!"

What do you think Dina?

Do other members have a view on this?

I'd be interested to know what you all think on this .....
The spirit of an animal returns to God. http://wonderofcreation.org/2009/08/03/animal-spirits/

There was an NDE I can't remember the name, where a man died and his dog was running with a pack from field to field playing and told his former owner that he shouldn't be there (in heaven) yet.

I see no reason for a pet to remain alone in the next life waiting for you, but still be ready to welcome you over when your life is finished.

Cats are different, though. I prefer cats for company because they are solitary and don't get bored being alone all day while I'm at work. A deep clean litter box, fresh food, plenty of clean cool water and a warm place to sleep and most cats are happy.
Yes, dnix71, cats are generally more independent than dogs. Generally. My recently deceased cat hated being left alone for too long and, being Siamese, made loud protests when we returned.

The Power of the Dog by Rudyard Kipling.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Maybe animals are here to help us "raise our vibration" or to "focus on love and caring" more?

For those who love pets, living without one seems pretty tough
My daughter says that her Border Terrier, Daisy, is here to teach her about unquestioning, unconditional love.
Cathy
CathyK wrote: Thank you for that Dina

On the day my dog Brumas died, I lay on the floor with him and told him, 'We'll be together again'.

I believe, 100%, that animals - No! All Living Creatures! - exist as animated living beings, because they have/are Souls.

However, there's a disappointing number of NDEs where a loved animal puts in an appearance. I remember reading one NDE where a woman was met by her recently deceased dog. However, of the thousands of NDEs collected by NDERF, vanishingly small numbers feature deceased, loved animals.

So, where are they?

When we come back to 3-dimensional life, do we always come back as a human? Might a human come back as a dog? Might a dog come back as a human? Or any other inter-change of species?

I once said to my father, "When I come back, it will be as a man!" and he replied, "You can't do that. What you are is fixed forever!"

What do you think Dina?

Do other members have a view on this?

I'd be interested to know what you all think on this .....

Cathy, I hadn´t answered you because I didn´t receive any note about your answser in my email. It is true that most NDErs don´t see the spirit of their animals (rather "beings") This doesn´t mean they don´t survive. There are people specialized in communicating with the spirits of pets, and they communicate telepathically. Maybe there are dimensions in which different types of animals communicate and others for more evolved beings.

I don´t see why you couldn´t reincarnate as a man. Of course you can. Spirits don´t have sex. We have a sex here for practical purposes of reproduction and loving each other.
Each spirit has his own evolution and our purpose as sould is to evolve, to grow. We cannot incarnate in animals and go back in evolution. Evolution is a process that goes ahead. The more information-knowledge you have the more you evolve, the wiser you become, you learn to love more.
Hello Dina!

Thank you for responding:

Cathy, I hadn´t answered you because I didn´t receive any note about your answser in my email. It is true that most NDErs don´t see the spirit of their animals (rather "beings") This doesn´t mean they don´t survive. There are people specialized in communicating with the spirits of pets, and they communicate telepathically. Maybe there are dimensions in which different types of animals communicate and others for more evolved beings.

I don´t see why you couldn´t reincarnate as a man. Of course you can. Spirits don´t have sex. We have a sex here for practical purposes of reproduction and loving each other.
Each spirit has his own evolution and our purpose as sould is to evolve, to grow. We cannot incarnate in animals and go back in evolution. Evolution is a process that goes ahead. The more information-knowledge you have the more you evolve, the wiser you become, you learn to love more.

Firstly, Dina, you have to do what I only learned very recently! :-) You must click the box 'Notify me when a reply is posted' - you will find it below & to the left of your screen.

Secondly, referring to your second paragraph, I too cannot see a reason why we must come back as the same gender each time. It's good to 'mix n match' -gaining experience from 'each side of the coin' :-) I only made that remark to my father because he was such an MCP ;-) and I had just made a throwaway comment about 'men having such an easy life; a life which is better/more interesting/easier/& much more 'catered-for', than the confined lives of women! :-)
Thirdly: Who is more evolved? I hear expressions around me of, "Oh, he's such an OLD soul",and so on and so on: I am curious to know when Creation brought this 3 dimensional Universe into being, were we not ALL created simultaneously? Therefore, ALL of us are equally evolved. Maybe just expressing a different level of advancement each time we reincarnate?

About animals: Because he was of the Canine species, I don't regard my dog, Brumas, (or any other animal), to be any more 'spiritually advanced' than humans are. The fact that he carried, and was endowed with, so much of my love elevated him in this particular lifetime. Indeed, it could be the other way round: dogs express an advanced love that humans cannot.
Cathy K wrote: About animals: Because he was of the Canine species, I don't regard my dog, Brumas, (or any other animal), to be any more 'spiritually advanced' than humans are. The fact that he carried, and was endowed with, so much of my love elevated him in this particular lifetime. Indeed, it could be the other way round: dogs express an advanced love that humans cannot.

Cathy K wrote: My daughter says that her Border Terrier, Daisy, is here to teach her about unquestioning, unconditional love.

Once again I post this for all to enjoy

A Dogs Purpose in Life

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Cathy, regarding animals in this planet, many are better beings than many humans.

No animal would do the perverse things humans can do. The worst animals do is to kill others to survive physically, but they don´t go further.

Humans can use their developed intelligence to do the most sophisticated Machiavellic actions to have broad power over others, without any consideration for their needs and feelings.
Dina
You are so right. An animal who loves you, never disappoints or betrays you - unlike many humans. It really can be unconditional love because even mistreated animals can be loyal to their owners.

Cathy
I once sent a video taken in Chile in which a dog was run over by a car. Another dog who was walking by saw it and went to him. Cars passed at high speed because it was a high way. No car stopped to help the dog. But the other dog risked his life and with his mouth took him with a great effort to a safe place.
That was unconditional love.
That's fantastic!
What nice posts!
They triggered some past and great memories! When I was in my late teens, I had always wanted a specific type of dog, so I visualized it and within a week, I saw the dog all lost and scared in the middle of a large traffic intersection. I went to "save the dog" put an ad in the paper and no one claimed her. So she became mine! We grew close and I took her just about everywhere, hiking, camping, everywhere. After 12 years, by then I had a family she died. One day we were all hiking and I could feel her presence hiking with us! This happened once in a while.

Other situations: I lived on the other side of the planet from my oldest daughter who has a great dog! i would visit here and there, take the dog for walks etc...One night when I was in my home far away, the dog came to me in a dream like she was trying to tell me something. (Our time difference was 9 hours) I decided to wake up and call my daughter and at the time, she was all desperate crying etc...

I think that we do have connections with our animals, they are gifts to us and our responsibility to take care of them the best that we can!
About my first dog, after a time I did not feel her presence any longer. The same happened after my sister passed away. I think that after some time, their spirits move on or something. Although, I sure wish that i could feel my sister once in a while! I miss her.

In the end, the idea of them moving on is also a beautiful thing...like flying and growing!
After my dad died (to whom I was close), I never felt him. The only thing I can imagine is that some souls are so EXCITED to cross into the Unmanifested that they keep going and exploring. There are many levels over there, and one could get lost looking around. While his death was unpleasant, it wasn't unexpected, so maybe there were not people alive holding him back.
I prefer to use the term transition rather than death, as their is no death' or birth for that matter! Death is a process in which the physical returns to the physical, balance is retained. As for birth, well that belongs to the physical arena too, we are not physical but we share in the experience of birth - maybe the screaming baby realises there is no turning back! I am reading PMH Atwater's 'The Big Book of NDE's' and am discovering their is so much more to NDE's than I ever thought! A most fascinating and well researched book by favorite NDE author, researcher and speaker.

It really is bemusing that we are conditioned to fear death! I had hoped that we would have reached an understanding that their is no death! What their is is transition! We return Home. The Eastern religions have more to say about this subject, and for that I am thankful. But the Christian religion, well, its not very helpful at all!

Animals have souls, animals love, animals laugh, animals can be sad; of course they survive what we call death! I have been visited by Pippa, my four legged best friend of 16 years! She had a habit of sniffing my hair, just above the forehead and she continues to do so four years after going Home! Pippa also does this to my wife and daughter! In our previous home when we where downstairs we'd hear Pippa jump on and off the bed - my wife didn't allow Pippa on our bed because she moulted terribly!

Pippa has also come through on our Ghost Box, it was very clear. Also took a photo with my Oldfield Filter and caught Pippa at my feet! Must try and find that pic!

As for reincarnation, I am of the mind that we are not restricted to one gender - or even to this planet! Recently I had a reading which informed me that in a past life I was an alien abducting humans! I will be exploring this further! I have always had a fascination with sci fi and space films/documentaries! Maybe this is why - I am remembering my roots!!! Have recently read about a possible connection with folk who claim to have been abducted by ET's and NDE's - will read more on this when I get to the chapter in PMH's 'The Big Book of NDE's'.

Do we humans have souls? I wonder about this because how can a species have a bent on self destruction as we do? Too many disconnected souls in the corridors of power unfortunately!

Blessings,

Lenny
Of course,we human beings do have the soul!

Janka
Janka wrote: Of course,we human beings do have the soul!

Janka

Are you sure Janka?

The state of the world courtesy of Man equates to a soulless power structure hell bent on increasing misery, murder and destruction. We have allowed the disconnected souls to do as they wish.

Are you really sure?

I am not so sure.
Yes,I´m sure.

Janka
Janka wrote: Yes,I´m sure.

Janka

Have you checked Tony Blair and Obama for signs of a soul? They are disconnected from their soul energy, you can see it in their eyes - shocking!

:shock:
Sorry,I have my own opinion.
I don´t want to talk about it anymore.
Wish you a nice evening!

Bye!

Janka
Janka wrote: Sorry,I have my own opinion.
Wish you a nice evening!

Bye!

Janka

Janka! I was joking! Yes they do have a soul, but currently the connection is not good! If it were a good connection then these horrid actions would not be tolerated.

Blessings,

Lenny
Here is a link for those interested in the Oldfield Filter, which is simply placed over the 'eye' of the camera.

http://www.electrocrystal.com/filter.html

See Harry Oldfield in action - beware his humor is cheesey!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NgI3TLtnnI (1/12) Very good presentation with some fascinating imagery.

I'll find my Oldfield Filter and hopefully post some of my photos.
Priests and politicians are the Mafia of the Soul - Osho

Interested in the paranormal ? Then you'll really enjoy this ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NgI3TLtnnI
Janka wrote: Sorry,I have my own opinion.
Wish you a nice evening!

Bye!

Janka

Janka and I cleared uo our misunderstanding - lost in translation!
Were good! :D

Interested in the paranormal ? Then you'll really enjoy this ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NgI3TLtnnI
Hi RevLenny,

I too like photography. BTW, your posts are very interesting!
BigRob wrote: Hi RevLenny,

I too like photography. BTW, your posts are very interesting!

Thanks BigRob, very kind.

Blessings,

Lenny

PS I have included a photo I took a few years ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Lenny,

I totally agree that when we get disconnected from our spiritual/humane side, bad stuff happens. And the other way too: when we get in touch with our higher self GOOD stuff happens. Politicians don't seem well connected to Source.
BTW, please try (as per the rules) to not call out politicians/celebrities by name with criticism.
Misha wrote: Hi Lenny,

I totally agree that when we get disconnected from our spiritual/humane side, bad stuff happens. And the other way too: when we get in touch with our higher self GOOD stuff happens. Politicians don't seem well connected to Source.
BTW, please try (as per the rules) to not call out politicians/celebrities by name with criticism.

Too many sleepwalking self serving sleepwalkers around!

But, surely politicians are not free from blame Misha? The current government of the UK have blood on their hands, they must stand accountable. As for Mr Blair and Mr Obama, they too have blood on their hands! I have not said anything wrong Misha, just stated facts. Again a diversion from the OP, apologies for that.

Have you heard the latest from the PM of these shores? He wants a kill switch for social media! Dictator anyone?!?! Soon we'll have to apply for a permit before we speak!

Because I question 9/11 and 7/7 I'm viewed as an extremist! And now I can't level criticism at politicians! Pure insanity Misha. Lets all follow the rules and say nothing! Thats what we've been doing for thousands of years and look at where its got us! On the edge of extinction.

Here are the main rules
http://nderf.me/post2968.html#p2968

The concern is that if people turn the board into a partisan political place, others will be turned off from learning all of the interesting insights that the NDE, OBE, etc., have to offer. You can say, "our leaders have gone mad." Please refrain from saying 'President Whomever has gone mad'.

If you need programming help, I can assist you in making a website about politics, crimes against humanity, etc. I agree that people need to express themselves for positive change.

Lenny, I agree massively with some of what you said! It's just that we volunteers work to protect the website's reputation. If we were to have a beer with you privately, I would pull out even more hair than you over our crazy leaders. Many areas around the world are moving in a dictatorial direction. You are correct.

Again, your posts are interesting and we're glad you're here, so please don't take the small request about naming people too much to heart!

Have a great Wed!
I am open minded to the idea of making a politics area somewere on the board, but I need to consult with all of the admins first. I too wish we had a way of getting very troubling information about current trends in the world out to people.
Misha wrote:

The concern is that if people turn the board into a partisan political place, others will be turned off from learning all of the interesting insights that the NDE, OBE, etc., have to offer. You can say, "our leaders have gone mad." Please refrain from saying 'President Whomever has gone mad'.

Regarding an area for political issues :

I dont have a problem with having an area for political discussion based on a few simple rules

It should be a Private forum where you need to ask permission to join , then its also your right to leave that area if you don't like the content :

we ( Administrators ) Grin call us Dictators if you so desire have the power to move any post that we find politically sensitive into that area without waiting for permission ...... ( we will use extreme discretion before we act ) and we will create a link to the particular post from the original post with a statement such as

This post has been moved to wherever by ( Misha or Garrys ) discretion . if you wish to view it then please sign up for the private Political forum .

We as Administration must keep the board civil for the integrity of the site and sometimes we have to use our judgement in some matters

( or something similar to that effect )

[line=red]5[/line]

I myself also don't mind a good political discussion

My 2 cents worth Misha

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Misha, thanks for your input. However I do not like censorship. What I have said about the politicians is factual, and I would stand in a court of law(mind you they have become corrupt)and say what I have written here! What a lot of people don't understand, whether they like it or not, is that politics is a major part of our lifestyle.

Often in threads a digression away from the OP does often happen, human nature I suppose! We've all seen it happen!

Maybe if the admin allows it a new board could be added, under the title of 'Off Topic' and make it accessible to members only? I've seen this work on a few forums I am a member of.

I will try to remain on topic, but remember I am a temporary human! :shock:

The admins are working on the idea now, and it's looking positive!
Stay tuned for changes soon.

I'm going to close this thread so that we get a fresh start. Nothing wrong, just a fresh start.
35 posts Page 1 of 1