Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
83 posts Page 1 of 1
Like any good cafe, we will sometimes clean up (delete posts), to make the thread short and fun. :geek:
Thanks for all that you are doing Garry and Misha. It's exciting for me to be here at the beginning of NDERF forums Mark II. Teething problems are inevitable at the start and it must be draining and tiring to spend so long fixing things - but all will flow smoothly soon. You know, without me saying, that all this is meant to be!
Cathy
CathyK wrote: and it must be draining and tiring to spend so long fixing things

If we would quite breaking our toys we wouldn't have to fix them

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Where is the coffee? I don't see any coffee.
Thank you for making this site available. I am looking forward to participating in many "Cafe" conversations.
I have plenty of coffee here at my house. All are welcome :P
Jem - it's virtual coffee and you'll have to imagine it into existence :-)
Cathy
Hello Carol - pleased to meet you!
Cathy
Hover your mouse over the cup for a full cup

Jem7 wrote: Where is the coffee? I don't see any coffee.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Is this a self serve joint or do we have Good Looking Waiters here also
Bow Wow Woof Woof
CarolV wrote: Thank you for making this site available. I am looking forward to participating in many "Cafe" conversations.
I have plenty of coffee here at my house. All are welcome :P

Yea its nice to have a place to come to and be yourself

Pleased to meet you CarolV
Bow Wow Woof Woof
Cross species lesson -

I have two dogs and a cat. The 13 year old mutt gets along fine with the 16 year old cat and routinely gets headbutted as part of the cat's family. They've been good friends for a very long time. The 6 year old mastiff has been learning about the cat for some time, but only within the last few months have they gotten comfortable enough with each other to touch noses.

Yesterday, I gave the cat some catnip and she was exceptionally lovey. When the mastiff went to say hello for the evening she was really trying to headbutt the dog for the first time ever. But, the dog kept dodging her because she thought the cat was trying to hit her - much to the frustration of my happy cat!

What an interesting lesson about communication . . . and the moral of the story is . . . ________________ fill in the blank :D
Sooner or later the dog will figure out that the cat is the boss and she just lets us humans and dogs exist in her house to serve her every need.

The cat is by far superior in intellect than us humans and dogs ..

At least that is what my cat told me.....

I love cats ..... they are so much smarter than me

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Our Dog, a Beagle, arrived when our first cat was already older and showed him right away, that he was the underdog. They went along very well afterwards, but everybody going its own way. Then came a new kitten and first thing she did was to climb into the dogs bed, when he was sleeping. First he was growling, then he accepted her, and then she was the dogs cat. When she was outside and started screaming, because some other cat chased her, he went after the foreign cat.
In my old kitchen I always stored the dog and cat food high up on top of the wall unit. Once I came home and saw the cat, she had opened the cat food box, was eating the cookies that she liked and with her paws was sending down to the floor the ones she didn't like. There the dog sat waiting for the cookies to come. I'm still sorry that I had no video camera.
"Dogs look up to you,
Cats look down on you,
But Pigs! Pigs is equal!"

After the recent death of my much loved Siamese cat, Attie, I still have Dash, the Standard Poodle, and Rambler, the Golden Retriever. They are my surrogate babies now that my real ones have grown up ;-)

When Attie was alive, he and Dash had a very strange relationship - they were obsessed with each other. I've never seen anything like it before.
In my old kitchen I always stored the dog and cat food high up on top of the wall unit. Once I came home and saw the cat, she had opened the cat food box, was eating the cookies that she liked and with her paws was sending down to the floor the ones she didn't like. There the dog sat waiting for the cookies to come. I'm still sorry that I had no video camera.

There have been so many times, Marguy, when my animals have behaved in an incredibly funny/intelligent way - but it always happens that I don't have a camera nearby at the time. And if I run to fetch it, the action has stopped when I get there!
Rambler & Attie.jpg

Here is a picture of Rambler the Golden Retriever, (who is white, not golden), and Attie my Siamese cat. Attie died very recently. These two got on just fine, as did they both with my dog Brumas, who died a couple of years ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brumas & me. On the island. 29th Nov.2003 (2).jpg

And this is me with Brumas - the most wonderful dog ever!

Plaque for Brumas' grave.

Brumas Plaque.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please excuse one more post on the subject of my animals!

Last night in London the Winner of Crufts 2014 was chosen. "Afterglow Maverick Sabre". He is the half-brother of my Standard Poodle, Dash! Dash's real name is "Afterglow in a Dash" and, by the way, he is entire ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrg1sana ... ture=share

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... ew.html?fb

my boy dash.jpg
Our Animals are our four legged children, and they also are pure love on four legs.
That's absolutely true Marguy!

Is it just my imagination, or does there seem to be a correlation between people interested in NDEs and people who love animals?
Errrm....... just once more on the subject of my animals ~

In 2008, The Times newspaper asked readers to send photos of their mongrels and crossbreeds who, in their owners' opinions were just as good as The Cruft's Winner that year. So I sent a photo of Brumas wearing my cardigan. They published it - and here's what the article said:

Best Not in Show - the readers' Crufts
Fifteen of the best entries sent in by you are showcased here - and we want more. E-mail onlinepics@thetimes.co.uk

Brumas in my cardigan. Smaller.jpg

Labradoodle in a cardigan knitted by his - Mummy - Cathy K*********
Image :8 of 16

By Nico Hines
Crufts? Schmufts! The world’s leading canine contest handed its greatest prize to a handsome but decidedly average, big, black dog this year. Realising our mutt-loving readers would appreciate the chance to pit their own faithful friends against Philiippe, the great schnauzer and Best in Show champion, we asked you to send us pictures of your own medal-worthy mongrels.

And you didn't let us down. Phil - show us yer medal. You're facing some serious competition from this lot.

No room here for the pedigree, the pedicured or even the particularly clean. One reader called Sabrina knew exactly the sort of pooch we wanted pictured – hers was captioned: “Here is a picture of a proper dog. Her name is Charlotte and, yes, the ears are real”.

The deluge of entries has so far included a Basset Hound from Calcutta, a Scottish Deerhound from Down Under and a surprising number of sun-kissed tail-waggers from the Costa del Sol.

Some dog owners have boasted of a deep love for their pets. Two walks a day and the occasional steak off-cut is one thing, but what to make of mink blankets, pearl necklaces and a hand-knitted canine cardigan?
Could be! Cathy.
When my daughter was about two and a half years old, we went to buy 6 chicken for eggs, as we have a little chick house in the garden. In the morning we went to pick up the chicks. Around 14.00 pm we were looking for Anouk, wandering through the whole house searching her. Then my husband said, let's go and look with the chickens. And there she was, nicely decorated with chick shit, but having a chick in her arms and all the chickens were tamed, they had no fear of us anymore. Anouk had tamed them. And one day I found her in the garden playing with snails, the biggest one was papa snail and the middle one was mama snail and the small one was a kid snail, She had them crawl over her hands and had a lot of fun. The funny thing with her was, that when I picked the snail with its shell, then the snail very fast entered its shell, but when Anouk picked them they just stayed outside and she could turn them upside down, no problem they stayed outside. It was as if the snails knew that she wouldn't harm them.
The funny thing with her was, that when I picked the snail with its shell, then the snail very fast entered its shell, but when Anouk picked them they just stayed outside and she could turn them upside down, no problem they stayed outside. It was as if the snails knew that she wouldn't harm them.

That's interesting Marguy. Maybe it's not only 'people who love animals, acknowledge NDS', but Animals respond, with trust to those same people?
I've always 'had a way' with animals. Easy to calm them, gain their trust and their affection.

Extending this ~ I also 'have a way' with plants. In England we call this being 'green fingered' - I think in some other countries, (p.e.Germany), they say, 'green thumbed'. Anyway, my plants flourish! I have an Aspidistra plant which was given to my Great, Great Grandmother, (by her mother!, when she married in 1884. In 1945, when she died, it went to her daughter; then when she died it went to my father. He didn't want it and gave it to me in the 1990s when it was half dead. Plants DO have a lifespan. At the age of a minimum of 130 years, my Aspidistra may be a world record for a house plant.

Cathy
Hey Cathy,
I like your animal photos.
I would like to upload some too, but I really don't know how to proceed. How are you doing it?
Thanks
Marguy
I've had difficulty uploading photos too. They have to be no larger than 1000 x 800 pixels. I've been trying to learn to re-size them on my computer, but it's easier to ask my husband to do it :) So I've been emailing the photos to my husband, he changes the size & emails it back to me.

Garry suggested I use a free download called Irfan. I already had this, but never used it - and don't have the time (at the moment) to learn how to. I've got Windows Live Photo Gallery but it doesn't re-size pictures.
Cathy
I have changed the image upload size to any size

I have no idea what the best size should be lets try this for now and see what happens

I believe the computer will make a thumbnail picture if it exceeds a certain size

Photo 2013-08-24 3 27 06 PM.jpg

Yes this picture is High Resolution 3200 x 2400 and the computer resized it to fit my screen '

I am assuming it will do the same for smaller screens

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Hi Cathy
Here comes a photo of my cat. Our dog died in 2011.
k-Eis Mii (3).JPG
And here a painting that I made of Anouks dog 'Nirvana'.

k-Nirvana (9).JPG
Is that your car Garry? :-)

Thank you for changing the resolution spec. Hope we don't overload this site!
:( Just tried to upload a photo and everything disappeared including what I had typed! I'll try once more.
Thank you Garry,

It worked fine with my photos.

Hi Cathy,
how are you today?
Hi Marguy - I replied to you but it has disappeared into cyberspace. I said that I love your Cat. When my husband and I came in this evening, he commented how sad it is that Attie isn't there to greet us anymore.
You are a talented artist! That is a pastel painting - of a black pug? Who is Anouk?

Here is a pastel painting of River and Atlas (Attie) which I did a few years ago. River was the first of the two brothers to die - hit by a car. Attie was found dead under a hedge in mid-February - we think he was also hit by a car, (but without great external injury).

I paint a lot, especially portraits of people and animals. We've had a lot of illness ourselves and in the family for the past couple of years and at such times I haven't felt like painting much. Recently I've gone back to it.

Nope, it says the file it too big, max allowed size is 500 KiB. I'll have to get my husband to alter it another time.
Hi Marguy! I should like to stay and chat a while, but my husband has just called me to watch something on television with him. We've been very busy the last few days because all last week we visited my sister-in-law in a hospice. None of the major jobs were done at home during that week so now I'm catching up. We've also got the builders in....... This evening we kept an appointment with my husband's Cardiologist.
Must go! Talk soon!
Cathy
Hi Cathy

Anouk is my daughter. She is now 30 years old. I see that it's everywhere the same thing.
We had so nice weather the last week that we were doing a lot of things outside of the house. And today i put all the furniture of my living room outside and started to sand the wooden floor with a big sanding machine. I hope to get ready by Friday, as the weather forecast tells it woud start raining again.
Oh no!! When I tried to upload photos everything crashed! I had written a long reply to you & now it's gone!

I will try once more - and then I must go. It's 11.30pm in England and I have a v.v.v.v.busy day tomorrow! Au revoir Marguy!
NEWBORN.Vivi 10 minutes old.2.50pm27.8.1976 my girlie.jpg

My former husband took this photo in August 1976. He died in 2011. I saw him, and my father, in a 'Dream' which I should like to talk about some time.
I also saw my former husband twice more in 'Dreams'.

Really have to go now... Bye ..
Wow! It worked Marguy!

However, it doesn't let you, (me!) add another to the same post .... I will try to add my first daughter...

Laura 5 months old.jpg

My Dad took this photo in June 1973. He died in 2010. I saw him and my former husband, father of my children, in a 'Dream' which I should like to talk about some time.
Hi Cathy,
Real nice photos. Beautiful babies. Do you have two daughters?
I have a son who is 42 and my daughter is 30. They are both married. No grand-children yet.
I'm sorry for you that your first husband died. He must have been still quite young. I'm glad that you have found another partner.
I'm 67 now. My husband and I are now (happily) married for 46 years. As you already know I'm painting, but do it only as a hobby.
Here a collage/painting in acrylic. This type of painting is what I'm doing normally
k-Green collage.JPG
Beautiful colours in your Acrylic/Collage! You have a very adventurous & 'courageous' style! Mine is slowly done without any flourishes! Do you sell your paintings? I've used acrylics, oils, water colours & pastels. I like pastels best.

We're the same age! I will be 68 in September. Don't know where the time has gone! My former husband was 68 when he died - yes that was young - he died of a heart attack in an instant, shortly after a health-check which showed him in perfect health. We were divorced a long time ago, (1983 I think), but the girls went to him every other weekend so we always kept in touch. I married my present husband in 2005 - in April we will have been married for 9 years.

I'm going to try again with that painting of my cats:

River and Attie resized..JPG
Here's a pastel painting of a 2 year old horse. He's about 5 now.

I think I've lowered the resolution too much.

The Two Year Old resized.JPG
Hi Cathy,
This is funny. I will get my 68 in October. I love your pastel paintings.
Besides the collages I do pastel for portraits and animals, water colors for flowers and landscapes, and acrylics with my collages. I made one exposition where I sold several of my collages, but mostly I give them away as gifts marriage or so.... Otherwise we have a hobby salon every two years in our village, and I'm taking a stand there. But this is only for 1 1/2 days. So no more expositions, I'm getting lazy. My husband was very sick in the past three years, each time I thought that now its going up again, something new happened. It's like you said, in this case one cannot put any thoughts to painting. But now it looks good again. So I hope that I can paint more.
How strangely similar!
We are re-organizing some categories today.
Please be patient with us!

It's necessary so that, as we grow, the seams don't split open...
Hi Cathy,

Here a creative snow game

Snow sculpture of my cat

k-Schnéiskulpturen 031.jpg

and my dog
k-Winter06a 023.jpg

Greetings
Marguy, your snow sculptures are great!! I never thought of doing this - I've only made snowmen - but this is much more creative :-)

The word schneiskulpturen is very similar to German, (schnee skulpturen). Maybe Luxembourgish/ese would be easy to pick up!

Misha has divided the topics and this is now your Lebens Raum, Living Space, to show your photos. I hope you will upload more pictures soon. On my Living Space, I will show you some photos, in the snow, of where I live.

I looked again at your acrylic collage ~ and now realise that it's a woman. It's extremely good. Did you use wax or 'masking fluid' to create the bare circles where no acrylic touched the canvas? I have used this technique on occasions.

It's been a beautiful day here - so warm and sunny - we've been working in the garden. I've enjoyed it so much, but I am paying for it now with my back!

A bientot!
Cathy
Hi Cathy,
You are right, good conclusion. Luxembourgish is a German based language, but not really German.
I'm sure next winter I will be able to admire your own snow sculptures.
Regarding my collage, well that's a long process. I'm not painting on canvas directly. I'm pasting white paper on the whole canvas first. When it has dried I cut different types of papers ( brown packing paper, grey sketching paper, and transparent (milky) butter paper) into rectangular pieces, the size of approx 30 x 40 cm. Then I choose tiny dried plants and am drawing them (oversized) on those rectangular papers. Each time a different view of my subject. On the brown paper I'm drawing with pencil, on the gray paper I'm drawing with black and white oil pastel, on the transparent paper I'm drawing a negative drawing with black Indian ink. The drawings must not be very exact, but they must be so big that they reach the borders of the paper. When the ink is dry I'm cutting each paper in about three smaller rectangles of different sizes. I'm distributing those rectangles on my canvas, which is laying on the floor. Important rule: It works best with sizes 50/100cm, 60/80 cm, 70/100cm or even bigger
1. No two same color papers should be side by side
2. Leave white space between the rectangles
3. Try not to put them in line
4. Don't put them diagonally
Then I'm looking and trying to find a good balance of light and darks. If I'm satisfied I'm pasting the papers in this way on the canvas and let it dry.
Then with a large brush (10 cm)I'm putting a few large strokes of line seed oil varnish over the paper, especially over the brown, grey and black areas. For the following procedure it is important to have good plastic cover, as with another large brush I'm also putting some large strokes of very watery white acrylic paint, over the canvas, let it run down half a minute and then I lay the canvas on the floor and let it dry for a night or so. Due to the oil varnish the acrylic paint is making drops and runs. When they are dry, they give this special white spots effect that one cannot make the same way with a brush. That's the base of my painting
Then I'm looking and choosing what kind of painting I want to do. Some are abstract, some are with people.
Afterwards I'm painting with watery acrylics.
Hi Cathy,

I don't have many photos of myself, as I'm always the photographer. But here a photo of me and my husband at the marriage of a niece.
k-Dany an Yves (143).JPG
Hi Marguy! Lovely photo! I'm so pleased you've posted it because it's nice to get to know each other better. Tony123 had a photo of himself as his avatar. After they crashed the problem was fixed & he said he would replace his. But he hasn't :-( ... yet.

I've been pressure-hosing the patio and paths around the house - it's taken me nearly all day! - and I've still got more to do tomorrow. I have stopped for today and must now get dinner.

Talk soon! Cathy
Hi Cathy,

How nice to meet you in direct.
Marguy
CathyK wrote: I've been pressure-hosing the patio and paths around the house - it's taken me nearly all day! - and I've still got more to do tomorrow. I have stopped for today and must now get dinner.

Talk soon! Cathy

Cathy you stop talking about Spring things ...... We are all jealous

We are still in winter mode over here in Igloo country

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Hi Garry - Igloo Land gets long hot summers :-) Here in England we have to be grateful for these few sunny days because they may be our 'summer'.
Hi Garry
I can only agree with Cathy. We never know before, if there will be any summer at all, so better use what we get right away.
Hi Cathy,
Here some more paintings
k-Trompettes.JPG

Mind and matter.JPG

Have a nice day.
Marguy
Marguy - THESE ARE JUST FABULOUS!!

Trompettes is marvelous and I love Mind & Matter! I see birds & a horse there. Your style is very distinctive. You have a wonderful imagination which I envy. I have the paintings of friends on the walls here in my house - many different styles - and one of them, a friend called Jan, uses the same brave & adventurous brush strokes as you do! I often say that I wish I could be more swashbuckling in my style but ...... we are what we are and cannot easily change our methods.

I used to take plaster casts of people's faces. I've done clay sculpturing too. But I come back to pastels everytime :-)
guitarist on verandah.jpg

guitarist by verandah.jpg
Work on Laura's portrait (2).jpg

Portrait of Laura.jpg

Photo of my eldest daughter wearing hat & scarf I knitted for her birthday. I based her portrait, vaguely on this photo.

Laura in hat & scarf.jpg
Hi Cathy,
You are real good in portraits. The guitar players, are they in water colors or pastel?
For me it seems that water colors is the most difficult technique for portraits.
I use it mainly for flowers and landscapes.
Here some flower paintings
k-Sonneblumm.JPG

k-Blumenaquarelle (7).JPG
Your Sunflowers & Magnolias are really superb. Your 'wet on wet' technique is fantastic. Maybe I should try it.

My guitarist pictures are done with acrylics but diluted with water - this is to give enough time before it dries too quickly and gives more opacity than water colours.
bushman of the kalahari 3.jpg

bushman of the kalahari 2.jpg

Bushman of the Kalahari.jpg
Hi Cathy,

I love your bushmen. Your hand and feet drawing is really great. I don't have the patience to do hands or feet.
In Luxembourg we have a summer academy, about three weeks every summer. I followed courses there for some years. One year I had a course with a nude female model. We had to draw one pose in about twenty minutes or so. My nudes (the body with head) were good, but there was a lady over 70, she was able in that time to do the hands and feet also. I don't know if I should publish a photo of my nudes, as I don't want to hurt somebody's feelings.
hahahaha! Marguy, if you publish your nudes, I'll publish mine! ;-)

I don't think anyone will be offended because 'it is art'. I always prefer female nudes - they are more beautiful. My husband and I went to a one-week class at Swansea University in Wales in 2004. There were male and female models. Our teacher made us draw a particular pose in 3 minutes - then changed the pose of the model and made us draw in 2 minutes. Etc., etc., until we were drawing in 20 seconds. It seems incredible but true, that our drawings were much better when we were pressured against the clock.

To start, I will be the first to post a nude painting:

Nude reclining to right.jpg

I think her feet are too long.
Hi Cathy,
No the feet are not too long. Your nude is just perfect.

Here some of my nudes:
k-Nu 1.JPG

k-Summerakademie 2004 (49).JPG
Hi Marguy - very good! Is it the same model in both pictures? Interesting use of packing paper - does the pastel stick to packing paper?

Nude brushing hair.jpg

Odd Job man.jpg

Corgi Boiler man.jpg
Hi Cathy,

I really love you portraits. Especially the eyes of the 'odd job man'. He is really looking. And you also have a good hand for the proportions with the nudes. They are very beautiful.
I used packing paper because I didn't know what the nude course would bring forth, and I didn't want to waste expensive drawing paper. As I have a big roll of packing paper I thought I would take that and if the nudes would not be good I could simply burn it afterwards. It happened that they were not so bad. The colors I used are similar to pastel colors, in German they are called 'Rötelkreiden'. I only used the reddish one and white for the lights. By the way it's not the same model.
Here one of my portraits
k-Natascha a1.jpg
And another one of my daughter when she was 2 and a half years old.

k-Anouk a.jpg
Hello Marguy - I just googled Rotelkreiden and I think they are the same as our Conte crayons. They come in in white, brick-red, and dark brown. Sometimes we use black charcoal sticks with them. They are very messy! Pastels make quite a mess but Conte & Charcoal are the worst!

Your daughter at 2 and a half years old is excellent - is it charcoal? It's good that you've kept you old pictures - many of my old ones are lost.

Here is a photo of one our our Art Group, Mike. He's painting our Classroom. The person he is painting in the picture in this photo is me ;-)
Our teacher set us the task of painting our classroom when we have finished what we are currently working on. He doesn't usually set us assignments - normally we just paint what we like.

Mike painting the classroom.JPG

Here is a photo of the room. My area is in the foreground and the painting of three hands is what I'm working on at the moment.

The Classroom.JPG
Hi Cathy,
Your hands are very good.
They have such a deep symbolic energy. Especially as they are of different skin types.
You give me appetite to try hands one day.
Looks like Marguy and Cathy are both talented artists!
:D That's nice of you Jem :D
Here some more animal pictures

k-Pferdebild 001 (1).jpg

our beagle
Pongo.JPG

Blue diamond.JPG
Marguy - "Pferdebild" sounds rather like a combination Dutch/German word. Luxembougish is 'sehr interessant' and 'tres interessant'.

Your pictures are lovely - you are a very talented lady!

Do you ever have holidays in England? (it doesn't always rain here!) If you should like to take a holiday here I can advise you the best places to visit and stay!

I hope to post some horse/dog pictures tomorrow - but my husband calls me now to join him right now.

Viedersehen
Cathy
Hello again Marguy

Here are some animal pastel paintings

Barny.jpg

Daisy.jpg

Mule.jpg
Oh Cathy,
They are wonderful. I fell in love right away with 'Daisy'.
Are you doing the portraits from photos?
Are you riding? I must admit I love horses, from far away, I am a little bit scared about them.
I was riding only once, and was always scared when the horse turned its head, that it might bite in my foot :lol:
Crazy isn t it?
Yay!! Thank you Marguy!

Daisy my daughter's Border Terrier. Yes, these are painted from photos.
I used to ride a lot but haven't ridden lately. I went with my husband's niece on a riding holiday across the Alps from Italy to Switzerland following the same route as Hannibal. (They said it was the same route, but I really don't think elephants could have done it). I'll find some photos. You need a gentle, sweet-natured horse if you are scared. I sent my eldest daughter to riding lessons when she was a child. On the first lesson they put her on an enormous horse, he was wrongly named, "Sleep", and he bolted and she was thrown off. She's ok now, but it took a long time to try again!

Cathy
Yuma & me in the mountains.jpg

Indoor menage.jpg
yuma breakfast.jpg

Gypsy's horse..JPG
Hi Marguy - I finished the Hands picture at my Art Group today. My teacher brought in several photos of himself and has asked me to make a pastel painting of one.

Hands.JPG
Hi Cathy,

They are wonderful. Your paintings have such a nice softness.
I finally finished oiling my wooden floor today. It took me two weeks of hard work, first sanding it for three days, and then oiling it. First half done, then moving the furniture and then second half done. But hurray it's done.
Now I only have to get everything at the right place and cleaning the dishes as everything is full of dust. And then I might find some time to paint again.
Greetings

Hi Cathy,

I see that you are online.
How are you?
Good evening Marguy

Congratulations on finishing your floor! An oiled wooden floor looks beautiful! I have such a floor in the hall, but I cannot have it too shiny and slippery because the dogs race downstairs in the morning and would slip on it - so just a low level sheen ;-)

A couple of weeks ago I got a Kaercher Steam Cleaner (I bought it from Amazon.de because it was 90 Euro cheaper than Amazon.uk - so much for the EEC). I got the steam cleaner to clean all the cupboard doors in the kitchen ready for painting. They oak with panels. But I'm changing my mind and still haven't opened the box the Kaercher Steam Cleaner - seltsame rechtschreibung Kaercher auf diese weise, aber es gibt keine umlaute auf meiner tastatur!

Cathy
Hello Marguy - I'm fine, but rather lethargic and lacking in concentration at the moment. Now I'm going to watch the dvd 'Philomena', with my husband. It's a recent, highly acclaimed film in England.

Wie gehtes du? Ah, muede von deine arbeit.

Tschues

Cathy
Hi Cathy,
Bin nicht müde. Once the work done, I rest a while and then I'm ok.
Today we had two of the dogs of our son, he has three. So with the beautiful weather, we were walking one hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon. And tomorrow we are invited to a 'goldene Hochzeit' I don't know if it is also called 'golden marriage' in English when you are married for 50 years. And I made a small poem for them and painted another magnolia painting.
here a photo of the dogs

k-Micki a Lilla (8).JPG

k-Op den Hond komm (15).JPG
Sehr suss! The lighting on that little Border Terrier is perfect for painting! Eine Goldene Hochzeit is the same in English, a Golden Wedding Anniversary - 50 years.

Heute Abend bin ich müde - den ganzen Tag mit den Enkelkindern, aber es ist eine schöne Müdigkeit. The weather here has been wonderful - it was 19 degrees! That's fantastic for March. I am hoping that today isn't our only Summer!

Tomorrow in England is Mothers Day. We all got together at my eldest daughter's house. I was given a big Orchid and a voucher for an ''Aromatherapy Massage with Ayurvedic Hot Stones" Fantastic! When is your Mothers Day in Luxembourg?

Cathy
Hi Everybody!
Let's Start an April Photo Share.
I'll lock this one, and let's start up a fresh one!
83 posts Page 1 of 1