Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Members,
Please help us make this section rich in information and helpful for people.
A lot of people who have been through NDEs understand that death is almost like a joyous graduation, but the relatives don't want to hear that, of course.

I know some cultures have celebrations, not funerals. In some esoteric traditions tears are thought to make the deceased's journey more difficult. I've seen hindu and witchcraft people both speak out against super grieving. I'm not sure I agree. Grief and tears may be a natural phase we need to go through. It's probably not one size fits all.

But sensitivity to after death communication is probably less is we're really in loss and grief, right?
Maybe one day we will grow so far that we, even if we lost a loved on, can feel happy for him/her, knowing that they went 'home' into their real home. In fact we mostly cry for ourselves, because many of us are not believing, that there is an afterlife. So a loss seems to be a loss for ever. Then we cry and feel lost. But maybe grief can be a chance to think more about death,to look around for more information, getting in contact with people talking about their experiences. As NDEs are so common now and no more a tabu, knowing about them is very helpful.
Grief is about missing someone we have loved. It is okay to grieve. It is our way of putting our feelings and thoughts into a place that allows us to continue living here without our loved ones.
Yesterday, we buried my father in law. As we watched him die for a week...I thought how nice it would be for him to just let go...I knew the blessings that awaited him. I knew he would be free, happy and celebrating. Yet, there is a sadness, a profound loss, an emptiness in our lives. Even I as an experiencer have a sense of loss of purpose right now. Grief is natural and important, it shouldn't be dismissed. I know the trappings of this life are now gone for him. I celebrate his homecoming... yet, grieve for the loss in our family.
Dear Jem, Marguy and Anne

Jem: One of the 8 Beatitudes, ‘Blessed are they who mourn, for they shall be comforted’.
My sister-in-law’s recent death was marked by a Celebration of her life – just as she wished. Still a very sad & tearful occasion, but surely more appropriate than the ‘traditional funeral’ for a beloved child of the Creator who has returned to her real home.

Marguy: I agree with you; we grieve because we know we will miss them for the rest of our lives in this world, for unfinished business – and some grieve because they don’t believe that the soul is released, at last, from the imprisoning body and its duty completed is able to go back to that natural state of complete peace, joy, understanding and happiness.

Anne: I am sorry for the loss of your dear Father-in-Law xxx It is right, and entirely appropriate, that we mourn the death of a loved one. We love them and therefore feel pain at the perceived separation – a separation which, for them, is over in an instant, but for us may take many years until our own death brings reunion. The mourners, ‘Shall be comforted’ in the knowledge that their dear ones are home and in bliss.
5 posts Page 1 of 1