Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Post your introduction and Tell us a little something about yourself
17 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello, my name is Natalie. It is a pleasure to join this forum.
I have always been fascinated with this topic of NDE's. I look forward to reading other member's posts, communicating and sharing experiences and thoughts about this amazing subject.
Thank you for the opportunity to join.
Welcome Natalie and Thank You for joining and helping to make this a thriving community.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Hi Nathalie,

Welcome at the forum.
Have a nice day

Marguy
Welcome Natalie!
Hello Natalie,

I am so pleased you have joined us! I'm looking forward to hearing more about you - have you had an NDE? Or other unworldly experience? If you have, please tell us about it !

I am currently away on holiday so it's a bit more difficult to keep regular contact with the Forum, but when I return home I will be able to participate to my usual extent!

Cathy
Thank you for your kind words, Cathy!
In answer to your question, I have not had an NDE experience.
The first time I heard about this subject was from my husband's father who was battling cancer. He was an atheist who had no tolerance for spirituality, religion or anything of that sort. After he was hospitalized for a cancer treatment, he had a conversation with my husband and I, he told us that during the treatment he left his body and was watching from another side of the room as his doctor was working on his body. I found his story very interesting, specially coming from him, who would have laughed if it had been someone else had telling him the story.
Since then I have read several books on this subject, and the more I hear and read about this, the more fascinating I find it. I think it's great to have places like this forum to converse with others and to have the opportunity to ask questions and hear their stories and experiences.

Hope you are enjoying your holiday outing.
Natalie
Natalie,

This stuff is probably not as rare as we think. Have you checked out OBERF?

Quick Story Browser
Hey Natalie

That was an interesting story about your father-in-law. Such accounts are all the more rivetting when they are told my someone who has always been an atheist, or person disbelieving in the spiritual aspect of existence.

You may not have had an NDE, but have you had any inexplicable experiences which can only be put down to a non-material cause?

Did the experience give your father-in-law pause for thought?

Cathly
Kathy, my father in law didn't communicate much with ,anyone other than his own sons. I was surprised that he shared that story while I was present. He was mostly talking to my husband then, who is also very skeptical about anything that defies the laws of physics. In retrospect, I do wish I had approached my father-in-law anyway, and asked him more about his experience, and how he felt about it then. I remember being so amazed at the concept of an out of body experience, I had never heard of such things, that I didn't think about how he was feeling about it. He died within a couple of years of his experience. But I can't understand how he could have reconciled not believing in anything spiritual, while at the same time being witness to his own out-of-body experience.

In answer to your other question, I have had inexplicable experiences over time. It may be part of the reason that I am so interested in this topic. How about you? Have you had a NDE? Or any other amazing experiences?

Natalie
Good evening Natalie

He was mostly talking to my husband then, who is also very skeptical about anything that defies the laws of physics
Well, Quantum Physics show that a non-material parallel world must exist!

But I can't understand how he could have reconciled not believing in anything spiritual, while at the same time being witness to his own out-of-body experience.

Natalie, I have also met people like this. I suppose they're 'in denial' !! My own husband takes this stance, and so does a friend of mine. I can't understand it either.

Cathy
Cathy,

Some of my friends know that I have an interest in this topic, they don't seem to be bothered by it, they just don't seem to care at all to know or talk about it. I find this very strange since I can't think of anything more fascinating and wonderful. It makes me wonder why isn't everyone as interested in what is so much bigger than this life. Even though so many believe in God and heaven, etc. which is consistent with the NDE stories, and yet they don't want to hear or believe those who tell their NDE stories, maybe they just have to experience it themselves to believe it. Or, perhaps as more on this subject is exposed to the world, more people will begin questioning, wondering, and believing.

Natalie
Just want to say MERRY CHRISTMAS! to everyone here.

and

May the New Year bring all of us more knowledge, wisdom, and wonder.

Best wishes
Natalie
Thank You Natalie

Merry Christmas.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Thank you Natalie
Meeeeeeeeeerry Christmas
Merry Christmas to EVERYONE here! And a happy, healthy, interesting 2015!!

From Cathy xxx
Kathy, it's so nice to hear from you again!

Belated Merry Christmas and Best wishes for wonderful New Year, to you as well
:) <3 <3 <3
17 posts Page 1 of 1