Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
18 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone.
I love this site already. I've been fascinated with NDEs since I first read about them aged 10 - that's over 30 years ago now and I'm just as interested as ever I was.
Looking forward to learning much more about them.
Hi LionL

The site is small, but you will make friends here if you want to. What is your favorite NDE? Do you look at life differently after learning about NDEs?
Hello LionL,

Welcome!

I am fascinated by this subject as well. This is a great forum, It is so refreshing to be able to converse with others and read their stories and views about this subject.

Natalie
Jem7 wrote: Hi LionL

The site is small, but you will make friends here if you want to. What is your favorite NDE? Do you look at life differently after learning about NDEs?

Hi Jem7.
I don't have a favourite NDE, I find them all interesting. I look at them from a "scientific" point of view and they are the main piece of evidence supporting life after death. They are what convinced me that there is a God.
And thank you Natalie. I am really looking forward to my time here.
Hi LionL

Welcome at the forum.
Hope you will have a nice time here.

Marguy
Hell LionL

A big welcome to you! I've been away from nderf.me for a while because I've been on holidiay. There are a bunch of exceptionally nice people here and you're bound to make friends!!

Eastern England? I'm from West Sussex, but my ancestors, (going up my father's line), came from the Breccles region of East Anglia - mainly Wortham in Suffolk and Rockland St. Peter in Norfolk. Traced them back to the 1530s through Parish Records. Whereabouts are you?

Have you had any spiritual/psychic experiences?

If you have, it would be really interesting if you told us about them.

Cathy
Thank you Marguy.

Cathy, I'm in Lincolnshire but only moved here recently. I'm originally from the Midlands but my parents were from Yorkshire and Newcastle, so quite a mix!
Sadly, I've only had one "spiritual experience". The phone rang on Father's Day but when I answered the line was dead. I dialled 1471 to see who had rang, but was told that the last call to my home was three days previously. I like to think that the call was a message from my deceased father.
Hi LionL

That could have been a call from your deceased father, but there's no way of knowing really. However, we are now all living in an 'electronic age' and I have a feeling that it's an easy way for the Deceased to communicate via electronic means.

It's also a far less frightening way to make contact. Before my Dad died, I asked him to try to communicate with me but, 'no spooks in my bedroom at night'. If I want or need to contact anyone when I'm gone, I'll try to do it with a message on a computer screen, voice mail, etc.

One of the ADCRFs submitted was of a woman who received a voice message from her Deceased sister. I found that impressive and convincing. Most of the EVCs are completely unconvincing.

Whereabouts in the Midlands? Canny Yorkshire people and Warm Geordies - nice mix!

Cathy
Burton-on-Trent, in Staffordshire if you know it?

I'm always half sceptical about everything. I find thing which cannot be proved very difficult to believe in. The phone call may have been an electronic fault or even an hallucination, but I like to believe it was my dad. That is the reason I am so interested in NDEs. There are so many and they are so similar. I think they are solid evidence for life after death, unlike religions which are reliant on faith alone.
Hi LIonL

I agree with you. People who report their Near Death Experience all have variations on the same theme to talk about. Millions of people can't be wrong!!
Are you a woman or a man? Please put up your avatar picture!! I'm outnumbered here :-(

Staffordshire, pottery country. Lincolnshire, bulb country. Lincolnshire is nicer. I've got family in Harlaxton, near Grantham.

Cathy
Alas for you Cathy, I am a man. :)
Why alas?

There's a choice of two genders!!

And are you really "Lionel" ?

hehehehe! rumbled!

Cathy
Lion L and Cathy,

Regarding the communication with your fathers, I also have something interesting to share. My father passed away almost 3 years ago. My sisters and I were all very close to him, he was among the greatest of fathers. He knew that of his daughters I was the only one who had a strong interest in the after life, we had many conversations on this subject. Within days of his passing, one of the two ceiling light of my walk-in closet started flickering , I don't share that closet with anyone, and I have lived here for over 25 years, this had never happened before. My husband who is more of a scientist , not spiritual at all, tried to tighten the light bulb. He found nothing wrong with it. This flickering continued and the pattern was very unusual, as in morse code, only with light instead of sound It turned off at times and turn on at odd times. I was not able to control it with the light switch. The light would go off for days, making me think it had burned out. For example, two weeks after my dad's passing, I was standing by the door of my closet talking to my daughter was facing my closet and the ceiling light, I was asking her to go with me to visit her grandmother who was very lonely sad about my dad's passing. My daughter didn't want to go, the light had been off for several days, I thought the light bulb had burned out, at that moment of our conversation the light flickered intensively, for about 20 seconds. We were both surprised and amazed at the timing.
This flickering of the light went on for a year, the light bulb was just a regular incandescent light bulb. A year after his passing, my daughter and I went to help my mother organize my dad's office and clean out some things. We found a thick stash of $100.00 dollar bills, that I suspect my dad had kept for an emergency, we gave it to my mother. That exact same night the light bulb in my closet burned out.

One more thing I will share here that I haven't shared before. During the time of this light flickering, I was terribly sad about my father leaving, I went to the church and prayed. I asked to please let me know if that flickering light had anything to do with my dad. That exact same night I had a wonderful dream about my dad, that he called me on the phone, I heard his voice as clear as anything. I felt incredible happiness when I heard his voice, I asked him 3 questions.
1, "is that you communicating with me with the light?" He said yes.
2. " is there a heaven?" He said yes.
3, " am I going to heaven?" With this last question he sounded annoyed as he often was when we asked silly questions, he didn't answer the last question and then asked me to pass the phone to my mom.

I placed a new light bulb on my closet ceiling light fixture, to this day, the light has never flickered again. This experience was very special to me, I kept it all in a small diary.

Natalie
That's a beautiful story Natalie. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you LionL.

I have heard that lights and electronics are a common way for spirits to to try to communicate since it's all about energy, but hard to know for sure. It is very possible that it was your father trying to communicate when your phone rang. Has he been gone for a long time?
If in fact it is our loved ones that our trying to communicate with us, it must be just as frustrating for them as it is for us, to not be able to confirm the communication.

Since my dad passed June 5 of 2011, I have only had three dreams about him, and they have all three been about him calling me on the phone and talking to me. I often wonder about that, is it all coincidence? Am I wishful thinking, or is he really trying to communicate with me.

Natalie
Natalie wrote: Thank you LionL.

I have heard that lights and electronics are a common way for spirits to to try to communicate since it's all about energy, but hard to know for sure. It is very possible that it was your father trying to communicate when your phone rang. Has he been gone for a long time?
If in fact it is our loved ones that our trying to communicate with us, it must be just as frustrating for them as it is for us, to not be able to confirm the communication.

Since my dad passed June 5 of 2011, I have only had three dreams about him, and they have all three been about him calling me on the phone and talking to me. I often wonder about that, is it all coincidence? Am I wishful thinking, or is he really trying to communicate with me.

Natalie

Hi Natalie.
My dad passed way back in 1988. I had no experiences until that one time with the 'phone about 3 years ago. Mind you, I was very closed minded before then. I have opened up a bit and maybe that's how he managed to get through?
I'm also curious how much of an effect "open-mindedness" has. We need a medium or someone to explain more!
Hi Jem

Mediums and Healers usually say that it doesn't matter whether the 'recipient' believes or not ....

On the other hand, if one is too open one is susceptible to 'wishful thinking'.

I think it is very difficult for people who have never had an 'other worldly' experience to believe in any of it!

"Blessed are those who believe and have not seen"

And there are plenty of people around who HAVE had spiritual experiences and are still unconvinced.

Cathy
18 posts Page 1 of 1