Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, I’m Chas. I’ve been intensely interested in this topic for some time, but no personal NDE’s. My current interest is mostly from the intent to research; however, I’m startled at how reading the stories have shaped my personal view of “things”. I’m strongly skeptical, yet strangely accepting of much of what I read (I have had a few experiences of the Profound, so I “get it”).
Some other info about me/mine:
(1) the avatar I used is a photo of a garden ornament in our yard, taken by my daughter - just thought it was a fun pic;

(2) beyond my personal experiences, my wife was visited in her sleep by her deceased father apparently wanting to check up on his wife/her mother who was terminally ill, to “make sure she was going to be taken care of”. My wife's response to him: "We took care of you, didn't we?" (we cared for him at home to the very end, per his wishes). That seemed to satisfy him, and we haven't heard anything from him since. We also cared for her at home to the very end, loving her, helping her. For myself, I tried to keep in mind that he was probably observing us.

(3) My daughter is terrified of hospitals and hospital beds, to the point of being paralyzed with fear if she thinks she is going to see a gurney. She finally told me the other day that one of the most real dreams that she has had (and remembers clearly) is that of being a ghost in some kind of a hospital, no feet, floating through the rooms and hallway, no roof, but ends up on the roof, everything is misty/foggy. That is all she can remember of the dream. I didn’t take it any further. We adopted her when she was one year old, who knows...
Hi Chas,
Welcome! I like your ornament. It looks like a new planet. Stick around and make friends!
Hello CHAS

Welcome to your new Home away from Home

Hope you stick around and make some new friends

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Hi Chas,

I just read your post and I find it very refreshing to read. I share your views about this topic. Like most people, I have always felt that being skeptical is healthy, and that accepting without question is dangerous. As fascinating as I always found this topic of the after life, I've always wondered and looked for stronger evidence to help me validate my Christian faith and personal spiritual experiences.
I am also amazed by the number and quality of NDE's posted in the NDE website. You mention your and your family's personal experiences, I have had quiet a few of my own that I am still processing. It is wonderful that this advanced tecknology has allowed us to gather information from all over the world, from every culture and faith. For me this has become one of the strongest evidence of the existence of a creator and of our spiritual existence.

Natalie
5 posts Page 1 of 1