Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
After-Death-Communication Nearing End of Life, Death Bed Visions, After Death Communication
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Abstract

David G. had an After Death Communication (ADC) experience which illustrates how the Spirit World communicates with us and the power they have to speak directly to our minds. I take the reader through David’s experiences and relate what the Spirit world is actually doing.

Introduction

David G. had an experience that changed his life. He started communicating with a deceased niece at her funeral. You can read his whole story at the NDERF.org website. The direct link to David’s story is http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/david_g_adc.htm. On the day his niece died in a car accident, David felt strange, like someone wanted to talk with him. He felt guilt playing golf on that day, but he felt his niece, Michelle, telling him it was alright. On the day of the funeral he described what happened;

"Two days later, the day of her Catholic wake, at the evening session, I had a sudden and undeniable verbal communication from Michelle. I was sitting with my wife in the second row at the funeral home before her casket. She said in the voice of a four-year old, "Here comes trouble" and communicated without words that I should go out to the parking lot to meet with a young man who had just arrived. I could clearly see him distraught and teary-eyed with a small group of other young people her age in the parking lot though there was no window in the room. Over and over she wanted me to go out to him and I refused with my rational mind. There were no words at first other than "Here comes trouble" and "Go see him, Uncle Dave". I just knew I should go and I clearly saw the scene in my mind, the same way I was hearing her words. I sobbed heavily, overcome with a feeling of... awe? emotion? it's hard to say. I was just hearing her voice so clearly and seeing what was going on in a place I couldn't physically see. I just 'knew' what was happening, and where the boy was. I didn't know who he was, only that she said "Here comes trouble". I knew her boyfriend at the time, I had met him at the house. He was in the room in the funeral home with us. This was someone else. I didn't know who he was, I just knew he was there and that she wanted me to go to him.

After I delayed long enough (perhaps a few minutes?) there was no longer a need to go outside. The moment had passed and I felt it. I could see him leaving some of the friends, and moving with others toward the door of the funeral home and eventually into the long hallway crowded with mourners of all ages. It would be a while before he entered the room where I was with my wife and her family. As a part of me followed his slow walk toward the room, I continued the communication with my niece Michelle. She spoke so clearly, in a young voice I best remember.

I asked her where she was and why she was talking to me. She told me that she wasn't speaking to me directly, but that I alone had heard. She said it was a matter of openness to the experience. I asked her why her voice was that of a four year old. She said there was no actual voice, that she and I were sharing thoughts - thought energies? - and that my mind was putting a voice onto what was being communicated. She deliberately said in her young voice "I could sound like this", then in her 19 year old voice "Or like this", then in the voice of a 64 year old woman she would never be "Or like this". Each time my mind heard the voice clearly and knew what I was hearing. It was indeed my mind putting an audible voice on some other way of communicating. I just 'knew' it. It's so hard to put into words what I was experiencing."[1]

This episode perfectly illustrates the communication between the spirit world and the physical world. Spiritism tells us that we all have the capacity to be mediums, to somehow communicate with discarnates (people who are no longer living on the physical plane). But, of course, some of us are better and more adept than others. David G. has that ability, since his niece told him that she was directing her thoughts to everyone in the funeral hall.

Spirits talk directly to us, by radiating their thoughts to our Cerebral center, which controls senses, sight, hearing, touch and our psychic abilities. Thoughts are real in the Spiritual world, as in here on earth, they are the beginning of any actions, but more so in Michelle’s new location. By finding a receptor, Michelle could by thought alone, talk to David in whatever voice she so desired.

There are two more details I would like to add. The first is that most certainly, Michelle was not alone in the funeral hall; there must have been other spirits there to help her control her thoughts and emotions after such a violent death. Secondly, Michelle must have been an advanced spirit, for most people when they die, go through a, at least, several day period where they are confused or even not aware they have died. Therefore, for Michelle to have communicated so calmly and with clarity reveals her to be well acquainted with the spirit world and that upon her death, she realized she had accomplished her mission on earth.

Next David G. learns more from Michelle’s side, the other world, as the Druids called it;

"I asked again, or for the first time, where she was and I saw a blackness, a void, in which there was a spinning orb about ten feet tall to my perception. The spinning orb was the earth and it was spinning very fast - many revolutions per second. Two spiritual forms approached the spinning orb/earth. The spiritual forms I mention were to my perception some sort of misty beings - ghostlike - with some semblance of humanoid scale and size, and yet they were formless. They were human size only in reference to my point of reference, the reference in which the rapidly spinning earth was about ten feet in diameter. As one being said some sort of farewell to the other, the other lifted up in a large puff and disappeared as a funnel shaped mist onto the surface of the planet. In a matter of seconds it reappeared, this time as a small point of a funnel shaped mist lifting up and coming back to the same size and general shape it had before. It walked / drifted away with the first being as they discussed what had happened during that lifetime. I knew I had witnessed a human lifetime from another perspective, a spiritual form experiencing a single human lifetime and then coming back to review it with a friend/peer. It's hard to explain but it was so clear to me.

I also saw/felt/experienced total darkness that wasn't darkness, a void that wasn't a void but was everything and everywhere all at once. No time, no space. In that absence of anything I could be anywhere at anytime just by thinking about it. All I had to do was to have a thought and I was there. Everywhere all at once. It was the most amazing, profound, deep experience I have ever had in this human lifetime. (Later that day and for days after this whole experience I journaled the whole thing extensively. I haven't re-read the journal but I have it in my possession to this day.)

I believe she also shared the moment of her death during that time we were speaking. She also communicated to me that I shouldn't share this experience with her immediate family as she came from a troubled family with a horribly abusive childhood. They wouldn't understand at this time, nor should that abusive energy be part of the equation at that time. I honored her wishes."[2]

David G. saw the spiritual world from Michelle’s perspective and he saw her judgment after she died. For a moment he too existed in the other dimension, where time and space is altered, and all exists in a world of vibrations, where our minds control the energy around us. Energy to make us look that way we desire, energy to have us appear to be dressed as we wish.

Michelle must have chosen a mission to be part of a dysfunctional family, either to assist the family or to make up for past wrongs or a combination of both. Whatever the facts, even after she passed away she was still trying to protect her family.

David G. also let Michelle possess his body at a later time for Michelle could use David to convey to her how much Michelle loved her mother. David G. showed all of the effects of a medium allowing a spirit to use them to communicate to the physical world.

"I actually dropped down onto the floor in a fetal position weeping. My sister in law asked what was the matter. My wife knew. I lay there trying to get a grip and while I was there in that space between physical reality and soul awareness something happened again. Michelle came through. Not verbally, not in words, but lovingly. She asked if she could use my body. There's no way to say how these things happen. There's no real progression of events. It's just all there all at once. Like that void, that place of nothingness where everything is all the time. Just think about it and you're there. Any time any place. It's all one. We're all one."[3]

In Spiritism, David G. would have been trained as to what to expect and how to allow a spirit to temporarily control his body, all the while maintaining the ability to dislodge the spirit when he deemed it necessary. Also, to make sure the situation never spirals out of control, there would be other trained mediums in the room to come to the rescue if the possessed medium felt weak. Again, most probably, Michelle had other souls assisting her in using David G.’s body to convey her message of love.

David G. proved himself most useful. Therefore, given his great talent to help others in need, he started upon a new career.

"I've developed a healing arts practice of my own that became a vocation. Since retiring from my career as a postmaster, and even in the years before retiring, I've turned that vocation into a small business. I practice as a vocation though, not as a business. It's not about money. The money comes all by itself when it's needed. I've never had to worry. Working with people, usually with spiritual and emotional blockages, had been my calling. PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) seems to be a common thread among my best clients."[4]

Notice how David G. said, “It’s not about money”, this is one of the most basic rules of Spiritism, you should not charge money for the gifts that God gives to you; you should freely give to others to help them in their time of need. Knowing this, the spirit world provides for those that contribute their talents freely. David G. is not correct when he says, “The money comes all by itself when it’s needed.” There is a team of spirits directing events to ensure that his needs and the needs of his family are taken care of.

We are so much closer to the hand of God than any of us could ever believe. We grow up in a society where God is at best distant to most of us. Thankfully, I have found out, late in life, as David G. has, that God’s love is so much closer than we realize.

Author:
Brian Foster has a BSCS degree and a MBA. He has worked in R&D for medical device corporations and in IT for large financial institutions. Brian Foster has a blog at http://www.nwspiritism.com.
Works Cited
G., D. (2014, August 1). NDE Experiences - David G. ADC. Retrieved from NDERF.org: http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experien ... _g_adc.htm

[1] NDERF.org, “David G. - ADC”, n.d., http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experien ... _g_adc.htm, (accessed Aug. 1, 2014)
[2] NDERF.org, “David G. - ADC”, n.d., http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experien ... _g_adc.htm, (accessed Aug. 1, 2014)
[3] NDERF.org, “David G. - ADC”, n.d., http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experien ... _g_adc.htm, (accessed Aug. 1, 2014)
[4] NDERF.org, “David G. - ADC”, n.d., http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experien ... _g_adc.htm, (accessed Aug. 1, 2014)
The way it was written gives words to things I have pondered about.

When I have more time I will break it down into sections

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
This episode perfectly illustrates the communication between the spirit world and the physical world. Spiritism tells us that we all have the capacity to be mediums, to somehow communicate with discarnates (people who are no longer living on the physical plane). But, of course, some of us are better and more adept than others.

I'm interested in developing all of my abilities, especially intuition, but I'm not completely sure how to do it. Is there a textbook? :D
Yes, there are books on how to learn to be a medium. Please look up Francisco C. Xavier (http://nwspiritism.com/spiritist-knowledge/chico-xavier-the-most-important-man-in-the-20th-century/), he has a book, inspired by the Spirit Andre Luiz, "In the Realms of Mediumship", also Allan Kardec (http://nwspiritism.com/spiritist-knowledge/allan-kardec-the-great-consoler/), has a book called, "The Mediums Book".

I took a some of classes in mediumship when I went to Rio and visited the Spiritual center, it was very interesting.
medium = communicating with the dead
psychic = catching unusual information at a high level
intuitive = catching unusual information at a lower level

Most people are at least intuitive sometimes
Yes you are correct, there are different types of mediums, some can even see Spirits. And yes, most of us, one way or another or intuitive mediums, where we receive communications from our spirit guides or others to help us.

There is a funny story about Chico Xavier, who was Brazil's most famous medium. He could see spirits. As he got older, he started to have a little trouble noticing the difference between spirits and physical persons. A man came up to Chico, wanting to know about the fate of his deceased mother, as he approached Chico, he said, "Chico, I want to know about a deceased family member". Chico replied, "Very good, and I see you brought your mother with you."
Not sure this is where I should post this yet have some questions. Have had more than one NDE have said yes want to go back (2) no, do not want to go back(1) said it did not matter(2). Must own a rubberband on this body.
My question is more to these spiritual gifts or door prizes one gets. What the heck do you do with them? I see most people as energy not as people at first. Headache time to switch back and forth between human life and the land that is not. The healing aspect is well very interesting not something I can teach. When I lay hands on another for what is ailing them it is different then most if not all healings. The full effect of the healing is 3-5 days after the time I touch them and has gone on with some for weeks. Get a reiki treatment and you get effect or no effect right away. I see spirits, know information I should not, can pull energy from one hand to another and direct it out to another source.
Recently been on a church look been to so many churches to find one that is at least comfortable without the bible to be main focus. Sorry, yet the guy that came up with demons and the pearly gates should get a Nobel Prize for fiction.
Okay well will leave it there is great if I get some answers and great if not. For any that are reading this post just know this one BIG aspect which I know and other have said" Love" is the key. Take the feeling of Love that you know, expand it to more than you know. LOL. That is like a drop of water in an ocean for how much Love one experiences from the other side.
Brian wrote: My question is more to these spiritual gifts or door prizes one gets. What the heck do you do with them?

Hi, Brian and welcome. I guess I understand your confusion, which may have to do with calling these apparently unusual aspects of life "gifts". What if we just gave them a more neutral name, such as “potential skills”, for instance? People can be born with a potential skill for teaching, or coaching, or healing, or building... but if they do not get practical training in order to use it for human purposes, the potential skill may become a burden.

Brian wrote: Sorry, yet the guy that came up with demons and the pearly gates should get a Nobel Prize for fiction.

I notice you have said that more than once. Could fiction be one of the core aspects we come to create on this plane, not simply for entertainment but as a way of making sense of the higher understanding we occasionally get and covey it in an easier, more manageable way, just like a drop of water in the ocean?

Brian wrote: " Love" is the key. Take the feeling of Love that you know, expand it to more than you know.

Based on my understanding, after reading many NDE accounts and being involved in mediumship (which is what this thread is about), having been reminded that “Love is the key” firsthand could turn out to be a tremendous asset (another word that came to mind) and sharing it in the way we live our daily lives in the best way we know how could possibly be an excellent reason for choosing to come back or for coming here in the first place.

I hope this helps.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience
Since I first posted I went into each experience. To understand what happen and what "door prize" I came back to this plane holding. This has been a very humbling experience. I have been looking for others approvals and living outside of myself. I now am seeking my approval and Love for my own way. I have had the experience and would never change it in for something else, I am the product of all those experiences. Have done the mediumship and the channel piece. The channel not a fan of it. I thank you and love all for allowing me to be apart of the communication. If there is any way I can help just call on me, even if it is for a hug or to be heard. I am here.

Hi, Brian. Yes... seeking one's own approval may actually prove the hardest task, sometimes!

It is ever so kind of you to make yourself available to help other people. Once one has had a chance to process these unique experiences and then feels the need to assist others in all the subtle ways that this can be done ... that sounds like the most wonderful outcome that can be expected.

Do have a look around and make yourself at home. :F

Somehow, I missed this post.
Powerful stuff. Been there.

The initial post had this quote:
Secondly, Michelle must have been an advanced spirit, for most people when they die, go through a, at least, several day period where they are confused or even not aware they have died. Therefore, for Michelle to have communicated so calmly and with clarity reveals her to be well acquainted with the spirit world and that upon her death, she realized she had accomplished her mission on earth.

I don't know how anyone here on earth can tell what happens several days after death. ???
I know when I left I was calm and relaxed at the whole situation, I was pretty sure I was dead. Only when I looked down and saw my distraught mother did I have an emotional feeling.

I believe with all my soul in the afterlife, I dreamed often my friend's daughter, my grandparents, but for three years I can't get out of my mind and heart of a man who died, whom I have not known before, I dreamed him many times; in one dream we got married and in another one he told me that "we will be together when I will be born again". I do not know if it is the right place to ask for help here, but I really need a person who can send me something clear from him, I repeat I never met this man before he died. His name is Paul. Sorry for my english( not too good), I'm from Romania and here I don't know a medium.
Thank you with all my heart!!!

Re:

Valeria wrote: I believe with all my soul in the afterlife, I dreamed often my friend's daughter, my grandparents, but for three years I can't get out of my mind and heart of a man who died, whom I have not known before, I dreamed him many times; in one dream we got married and in another one he told me that "we will be together when I will be born again". I do not know if it is the right place to ask for help here, but I really need a person who can send me something clear from him, I repeat I never met this man before he died. His name is Paul. Sorry for my english( not too good), I'm from Romania and here I don't know a medium.

Welcome, Valeria. No worries about your English! We have members from all over the world here, and I am sure that if I spoke to you in Neapolitan you could answer me in Romanian and we would perfectly understand each other.

I just checked the website of snui in the UK for you, but the private consultation page does not seem active at the moment.

For some reason, mediumship seems a tough topic to deal with, because of the many fraudulent mediums who make money at the expense of their sitters, and because of lack of understanding about the fact that even a trained professional medium is not communicating with a person as you would by making a phone call. Professional mediums normally start their sessions by making it clear that this is an experiment, and that there is no guarantee that the spirit you are seeking to communicate will come through.

There also appears to be a deep-rooted feeling that people should not be paid for a spiritual service, such a private consultations, even though it has involved investing in serious and professional training for years and the job itself involves many hours of daily work in order to offer such services in the best possible way.

The point is that even very skilled mediums are nonetheless human, and can occasionally become greedy, or jealous about each other, or suffer from the burn-out syndrome, which typically affects those who devote their lives to assisting other people, such as physicians, nurses, policemen, fireman and so on.

I have personally known many professional mediums in the UK, and also found that they can have ups and downs, in their lives, so that their performance may decline, which is what makes it difficult for me to offer recommendations.

All I can say is that when approaching a professional medium you have good references for, you need to do so with an open mind, without expecting that one specific spirit will come through, and also take everything they say with a grain of salt, and not allow anybody to influence you about your future choices or interfere with your free will.

This having been said, my only reference, since you speak English, is the Spiritualists National Union (U.K.). You could have a look at their website and make enquiries with them.

I hope this helps.
Valeria wrote: I believe with all my soul in the afterlife, I dreamed often my friend's daughter, my grandparents, but for three years I can't get out of my mind and heart of a man who died, whom I have not known before, I dreamed him many times; in one dream we got married and in another one he told me that "we will be together when I will be born again". I do not know if it is the right place to ask for help here, but I really need a person who can send me something clear from him, I repeat I never met this man before he died. His name is Paul. Sorry for my english( not too good), I'm from Romania and here I don't know a medium.

Welcome, Valeria. No worries about your English! We have members from all over the world here, and I am sure that if I spoke to you in Neapolitan you could answer me in Romanian and we would perfectly understand each other.

I just checked the website of snui in the UK for you, but the private consultation page does not seem active at the moment.

For some reason, mediumship seems a tough topic to deal with, because of the many fraudulent mediums who make money at the expense of their sitters, and because of lack of understanding about the fact that even a trained professional medium is not communicating with a person as you would by making a phone call. Professional mediums normally start their sessions by making it clear that this is an experiment, and that there is no guarantee that the spirit you are seeking to communicate will come through.

There also appears to be a deep-rooted feeling that people should not be paid for a spiritual service, such a private consultations, even though it has involved investing in serious and professional training for years and the job itself involves many hours of daily work in order to offer such services in the best possible way.

The point is that even very skilled mediums are nonetheless human, and can occasionally become greedy, or jealous about each other, or suffer from the burn-out syndrome, which typically affects those who devote their lives to assisting other people, such as physicians, nurses, policemen, firemen and so on.

I have personally known many professional mediums in the UK, and also found that they can have ups and downs, in their lives, so that their performance may decline, which is what makes it difficult for me to offer recommendations.

All I can say is that when approaching a professional medium you have good references for, you need to do so with an open mind, without expecting that one specific spirit will come through, and also take everything they say with a grain of salt, and not allow anybody to influence you about your future choices or interfere with your free will.

This having been said, my only reference, since you speak English, is the Spiritualists National Union (U.K.). You could have a look at their website and make enquiries with them.

I hope this helps.

ano1 wrote: I don't know how anyone here on earth can tell what happens several days after death. ???
I know when I left I was calm and relaxed at the whole situation, I was pretty sure I was dead. Only when I looked down and saw my distraught mother did I have an emotional feeling.

Hi, ano. I guess I understand what you mean and in fact I often wonder whether there might be a difference between a near-death experience and a final death experience. The reasons I wonder is because of the many after-death accounts I have read, accounts delivered through 19th and 20th-century mediums, about what happens after death. In both cases (NDE and final death accounts) there appears to be an absence of linear time, or time being perceived like some kind of elastic band, but I have found that those who make an effort to communicate after final death try and convey their experience in ways that the recipient can understand, hence the reference to our linear time in terms of days, weeks, years and so on.

Another thing about final death accounts that comes to mind, is that disincarnate spirit seem to be able to perceive this physical world for a short while as if this were happening through their physical senses (as it might have happened to you when you saw your mom), and often state they attended their own funeral or else that their fell in some sort of restorative state very similar to sleep and when they woke up fully aware that they were dead they had a look at their physical body and found that some "time" must have gone by in earthly terms, because of the state of decay their body was in.

These are the only reasons why, after many years of researching the topic, I can conceive of some kind of time still existing on the other side, until the fact of being dead (as a result of sudden or violent circumstances or after a long illness) has been fully processed. That's my own take on the subject of course and has nothing to do with a spirit being more or less evolved.

Thank you Giulia ! I'll take a look on this site !
15 posts Page 1 of 1