Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
16 posts Page 1 of 1
In a hospice in Palm Harbor, FL. He was sent there Monday after his toes began turning black from lack of circulation. He was on hemodialysis and the doctors told my mom the feet would not heal from amputation because of the lack of circulation in his legs. He also had gallbaldder trouble and pnuemonia recently. I went to see him for 3 days before he died, but returned home to take a community emergency response training final exam. My mother and sister were with him when he died. His older brother and wife drove in to see him. My dad's mother died at 56 from kidney failure in 1964, his father lived to be 73 but also died from circulation problems. My dad lived to be almost 78. His brother is 81. My mom is set financially. We are not rich, but dad made sure she would not need to worry about paying bills after he died. My dad was the sole breadwinner, but he always treated mom as an equal partner financially. They were together 58 years.

I take after my mom's side of the family. We have mental health issues, but seem to live a long time :roll:

Women define themselves by relationships, so they don't seem to suffer from just hanging around, but guys define themselves by what they do. My father hadn't done much since retirement because of declining health. I have a coworker less than 3 years younger than my father, but Richard works in a warehouse doing pick and pack not for lack of money, but because he knows that when he stops moving he will rust and die.
I am sorry for your loss dnix71.

I can relate to the poor circulation as I am afraid that will be my fate also .....

Garry

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Hello dnix71,

Just want to offer you muy condolences for the loss of your father, and wishing you lots of strength through this difficult time.

I lost my father three years ago. He was battling cancer and eventually lost the battle. Even though we all have to phase these losses in this life, we are never ready to loose someone so special and close to our hearts. I still miss him so much.
I have to say though, that reading about so many NDEs has given me so much comfort and hope, and has strengthen my faith in God.

I send you prayers and best wishes.

Natalie
Hi Dnix,

Sorry about your father. Mine passed about 15 years ago. It is better now, but at THAT time it was super stressful. It was even a little expected and STILL stressful. It sounds like your father was a considerate, caring husband. Job well done.

Garry - Don't do any self fulfilling prophecies! Let's keep moving and keep the circulation going.
dnix 71,
I'm sorry about the loss of your dad. He sounds like a caring man. I bet some of those things you loved about him have become part of you and your personality. That has to be a legacy anyone could cherish.
ano
Hello dnix71, Nathalie and the others :arrow:

Nothing happened - it sounds strange, but I am sure he is still written in your souls and memorable. My Father died already before several years, but I will have him in my mind still. Yes of course it is always very hard period for everybody who lost some of parents. Last travel for my mum, was flying by emergency helicopter - broken aneurisma (ruptured bulge of vein).I was at the midle of my trip, surounded by moutains, when doctor from hospital called to me - what is my decision? - when they will opperate her, she will die, when not, she will die too. I was really glad that I was closed inside nature - Where I could lock into myself and find a reasons and answers for my questions.

All is, how it must be - destiny - do not fight with destiny.
Destiny is like river and stream which move with your body forward - into the target. It doesn't matter how many times you were on shore (left or right).

I know it is too late, but it is written from my hearth...
czjosef wrote: Hello dnix71,
All is, how it must be - destiny - do not fight with destiny.
Destiny is like river and stream which move with your body forward - into the target. It doesn't matter how many times you were on shore (left or right).
I know it is too late, but it is written from my hearth...

Hello Czjosef,
Thank you for your words of wisdom!
I like your metaphor.

Natalie
Hi Everyone, I am Robert S from Pennsylvania. Being new here, thank you for allowing me to be part of your discussion. I am sorry for your the loss of your loved one. I say this because I have experienced similiar losses. My dad passed at the age of 89 in 2010. He asked often why he was still here 24 years after my moms passing. Both experienced various amounts of suffering in the process which affected we the survivors differently. But the one loss I would not wish on you is the one anniversary which is fast approaching.

On January 19 it will be 15 years since the loss of my son Robert Jr. While the loss of a parent or even a spouse is the normal progression of life. The loss of a child is not. But I know that they are happy where they are, content in accomplishing their life's purpose.
Hi dnix71
Have not been in the forum for a longer time, so pls accept my condolences.

RobertS wrote: But the one loss I would not wish on you is the one anniversary which is fast approaching. On January 19 it will be 15 years since the loss of my son Robert Jr. While the loss of a parent or even a spouse is the normal progression of life. The loss of a child is not.

As a mother of (grown) children I feel with you. It also would be a horror for me if something happened to any of them.
Hello folks, :oops:
Do not worry - be happy - do you really know what is your target here ????
Your filled tasks and your death - this is all what is expected from you .... - absolutely nothing impossible
:D :D :D
Robert,

Our condolences on the loss of your son of Robert Jr.

I hope you make it through these tough weeks of remembrence OK
Thanks Misha, although it is a hard time for me to get through, it is hard for me because my wife (my Robbies mother takes it so hard. I can take comfort in knowing that we were blessed having him for the time we did. And I know that because of my STE that he accomplished his purpose here. On Feb 4th he would have been 35. My STE happened as a byproduct of his birth. As I grapple with how I can best share my STE and accomplish my purpose here, I am sometimes aware of his presence trying to help me. I think that is why I have been guided here. I hope to gain insight in how to share what was given to me and maybe in the process help to change the world.
Hi Robert,

I've heard that people who 'leave early' are often advanced souls who accept that mission in order to teach us something. It's great that you feel his guidance sometimes. I hope his mother can digest and interpret these events in peaceful way someday.
Hi RobertS,
I really would love to hear about your STE.
Hi Jem7 and Marguy, thanks for the supportive words and condolences. Much appreciated. Marguy you don't know how much I want to share my STE. For the past 34yrs. I have shared it in person or even over the phone. I only have an abridged version written. Thats why I'm here to get ideas and any help anyone might be willing give so that I might be able to enhance what I would like to share before I submit it. If you or you know anyone willing to help I would be greatful. My email is mrroboto313@hotmail.com Thanks so much.
I'm sorry scratch that email. Its mrroboto313@hotmail.com I mixed email addresses up.
16 posts Page 1 of 1