Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
2 posts Page 1 of 1
A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are for. - John A. Shedd, 1859 - 1928

Saw the above statement in a book today and it got me to thinking about the cycle of life and maybe why we come here (ie, to this existence) despite the vicissitudes and seeming risks (of toils and pain).

Mainly, could afterlife effectively be like the safe harbor, but to eternally reside there (ie, in some never ending state of bliss) is not what we are really all about - that there is a much greater purpose?
"I was climbing on some sort of golden edifice, something like a tower with intricate carvings decorating a series of niches. As I ascended this structure I was feeling very exhilarated (I used to love to climb tall trees as a child, but cannot tolerate heights any more).

I was very high up. When I looked down the golden edifice disappeared into a blue distance like the sky. When I looked up it was the same. I could not see the base of it nor the top of it. I was joyful at the beauty of it, at the wonderful height of it. I felt it was my Heavenly Father's building and that I was greatly privileged to be climbing it.

Soon I came to a niche that I knew was mine and I was overjoyed that I belonged there.

I somehow was convinced that in some way I was helping build this wonderful structure and that I was a part of it. I had a place in it. I was building a part of it, I was a part of the building material itself.
"

- excerpt from Mary B's ST Experiences ( http://www.oberf.org/mary_b%27s_ste.htm )
2 posts Page 1 of 1