Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Out-of-Body Experience
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Starting at the age of eleven, I found myself in situations where I had absolutely nothing to do for periods of time from 30 to 90 days, while being grounded to my bed in pajamas and under the covers. I stumbled across a book on self hypnosis in my school's library, and read it through a few times one day. From there I would practice this for several years, and later, learning about astral projecting. I had attempted using the two together, until one night where I had finally achieved some success. That limited success is the topic at hand.

As I laid in bed relaxed, I began to visualize myself rising up and away from my body, and all of a sudden i felt a vibration from head to toe that rapidly increased in oscillation to a very fast and high pitch. At that moment, I knew that I was beginning an OBE. I had such a feeling of jubilation and triumph that overwhelms any other emotion I have ever had in clarity and intensity, and I "thought aloud," .... "Finally, I take my rightful place at the right hand of God!"
Well, I slammed back into my body so fast that I was left in a shock, not only for such an abrupt return to my body, but for what I had "thought out loud."

Due to my upbringing, I felt that my emotions were not only inappropriate, but that they were essentially evil, due to my apparent feelings that I was who deserved to sit at the right hand of God. Well, I decided that I should not even try to have an OBE until I sorted out the state of my soul, but as imperfect as I am in this corporeal body, I once again fell compelled to try again, so I have. The other night, while in bed, I was focusing on my third eye, and I received what I equate to being a snapshot of an off white background with 4 figures in shadow form (as best as I can describe). I heard them think, "We are waiting for you," and the experience ended.

That is as much as I think is accurate and relevant, and I would ask of those who have any insight in these matters to help me sort myself out with what I have experienced. It has been driving me nuts for 40 years, now, and I would like to either learn how to continue, or to put the matter to rest.

I await your replies, and will appreciate them all.

SSO
Why play with fire?
Should I wait till in have the NDE before I achieve any enlightenment? If no occasion to have such arises, how do I learn? Just accept what the Bible says, and not bother elsewise?
Hi SSO,

How many NDEs have you read? What do you think the main message is that people receive in "the Light"?
We are all free to do as we wish.
Just know that real evil is out there too.
Hi SSO,
I'm just wondering if you felt fear when you saw the 4 figures in shadow form, or did you feel comfortable with that.
I tend to think that we need to pay attention to what type of feelings are generated by the experience. I have learned to respect and pay close attention to what ever feelings show up in my life. When I reflect on them and try to understand their cause, I achieve more clarity and better guidance.

I have posted here that I had a sleep paralysis experience once, I saw 3 dark hooded figures. The experience was very real but also terrifying to me.

Natalie
"How many NDEs have you read? What do you think the main message is that people receive in "the Light"?"

Quite a few, and over the years, easily 100 or more, and I believe the main message(s) i perceive is that there is certainly more to life than we perceive in this physical existance; we are responsible for our actions here; as long as we are alive in this world it is never too late to make changes for the better; and love is essential.

"I'm just wondering if you felt fear when you saw the 4 figures in shadow form, or did you feel comfortable with that.
I tend to think that we need to pay attention to what type of feelings are generated by the experience. I have learned to respect and pay close attention to what ever feelings show up in my life. When I reflect on them and try to understand their cause, I achieve more clarity and better guidance."

I felt quite comfortable with these figures. I felt that they understood that I have had difficulties in life, and in my attempts for spiritual growth. I felt that they were encouraging me to not quit, again, but to persevere; and that they would be waiting for me to help me when I am able to fully approach them. I was left with the impression that they were either spirit guides, deceased family members, or both. The moment seemed quite encouraging.

In my earlier post I stated that I judged my thoughts to be "evil" or wrong, but that was after the fact. In the moment, I felt exhilarated, but as I came back to my body so abruptly, I felt rejected, not understanding why. Feeling rejected, I assumed the rejection was due to an aspect of myself which I had not been previously aware, and the experience was to teach me that I needed an even more humble mindset.

Over the years, I have changed my mind about the meaning of that abrupt return. I now feel it is more probable that I was not being rejected, but instead, that I was so overcome with the intensity of my emotions for which I was not anticipating. I have never felt such a strong emotion, before or since. I have also learned from my readings that we create our own reality with our thoughts. At the time (all of my life to that point), I felt a strong calling to be as Jesus is (I still do, really), i.e. to help and heal others, to be concerned with the welfare and betterment of my brethren, to be as spiritually evolved as I might possibly be, and help others with their spiritual evolution whenever and wherever possible. Looking back, it occurs to me that if I want to be as Jesus is, then the obvious destination for me would to also be at the right hand of God, as Jesus is purported to be.

If I am ever able to have another OBE, I have since learned that I need to focus on remaining calm, since allowing myself to be overwhelmed with emotions can disrupt the process, and to be open to the goodness and love that I may experience.

I do hope I have explained myself better, and I appreciate the questions that afford me that opportunity.

SSO
I don't see much anger or judgment coming from the Light in the NDEs, so I'm guessing your sudden return to the body was something related to either your own natural reactions or reflexes, or perhaps something for your protection.
Due to my upbringing, I felt that my emotions were not only inappropriate, but that they were essentially evil, due to my apparent feelings that I was who deserved to sit at the right hand of God.

Loving our Source, and wanting to be near it, is not a crime. It sounds like you had a typical religious brainwashing childhood. The Light loves us, and contrary to 99% of the bible, I sort-of doubt the Light is easily offended. Would Einstein be offended with a kindergardener saying his theories are nonsense? Kind of doubt it. Now imagine the power/love difference being a billion times greater.

Knowledge leads to patience and wisdom. The light is pure knowledge. The Light being moody, like some religions portray, seems rather unlikely. Many NDEs mention god NOT being judgmental, but loving and accepting, even to atheists. I hope that helps you feel better.
9 posts Page 1 of 1