Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi All, I have been interested in OBE's and NDE's for 41 years - and counting! After reading Lobsang Rampa's 'The Third Eye' when I was 12, I never looked back! Having my own near death like experience at 13 gave me more of an insight into otherworldly journeys, plus I often see non physical beings which has never frightened me! Our home is very active paranormally! So we have plenty of entertainment!!!

I am currently reading PMH Atwater's 'The Big Book of Near Death Experiences'. She is my favorite author and speaker.

Blessings,

Lenny
Hi Lenny,

Welcome! Please tell us more about your NDE at 13 years old. Also, what is the main point of Rampa's book?
Misha wrote: Hi Lenny,

Welcome! Please tell us more about your NDE at 13 years old. Also, what is the main point of Rampa's book?

Namaste Misha,

I will be writing a detailed account this week and will post it when completed.

As for Tuesday Lobsang Rampa, well he wrote 19 books in total, and all from a Tibetan Buddhist viewpoint with being a Tibetan Lama. I have included a website which will tell you who this man is, I wouldn't do him justice. The Third Eye was his first book, and I came across it quite by accident. I went into my brothers bedroom looking for something he'd borrowed when I came across the book The Third Eye, I took it and read it in a few days. The book is a story of how he came to England from Tibet, a very interesting read(I recently read it a couple of months ago and still enjoyed it as much as the first time!). And so began my love of the esoteric!

http://www.lobsangrampa.org/index.html

Blessings,

Lenny
Hi Lenny and welcome

I am also interested in all things esoteric, and Hinduism, Buddhism, meditation, etc.

I think it would be great to get a discussion group going on the benefits of meditation. Usually Christians are very afraid of it, but do not realize that they have similar things by a different name, ie, 'contemplative Christian tradition".

We need more people here, so tell you friends about the board!
Jem7 wrote: Hi Lenny and welcome

I am also interested in all things esoteric, and Hinduism, Buddhism, meditation, etc.

I think it would be great to get a discussion group going on the benefits of meditation. Usually Christians are very afraid of it, but do not realize that they have similar things by a different name, ie, 'contemplative Christian tradition".

We need more people here, so tell you friends about the board!

Namaste Jem7, their are a few things which Christians are afraid of, which is a shame because it then limits what they can experience. I remember being told by a group of fundamentalists to burn my heavy metal collection(vinyl in those days!), I refused and am still very much a fan of heavy metal with Judas Priest being my favorite band.

Bill Donahue has a refreshing approach to the Bible, and I'll include his website and You Tube Channel. I agree with Bill that the Bible is not to be read literally but allegorically.

I shall tell my friends about this forum for sure.

http://www.hiddenmeanings.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLO-eGP4Dlk&list=PLDF364E762B36DC2E
Lenny,

Hello and welcome!!!

It's so nice to have you join this forum. I look forward to reading more about your experiences and your views about this fascinating subject.
Natalie
Natalie wrote: Lenny,

Hello and welcome!!!

It's so nice to have you join this forum. I look forward to reading more about your experiences and your views about this fascinating subject.
Natalie

Thank you for the warm welcome Natalie. Its great to be here, a place where I look forward to sharing and learning about NDE's and OBE's.

I am currently reading PMH Atwater's, The Big Book of NDE's, and at almost 500 pages its thorough! PMH is my favorite author/researcher/speaker. I am also reading about PMH's three NDE's, which are inspirational.

Back in 1972 when I read Lobsang Rampa's The Third Eye, I never knew(consciously) that I'd enjoy such an eclectic journey!When I was 19 I had what I can only describe as a Oneness Dance! I was out on a road running training session, a 5 miler, at around midnight(I enjoyed running when all was quiet). I hit the long road of the run and suddenly I was no longer my physical body - everything was me! Their was no effort as I continued to run, I was gliding effortlessly. Not sure how long it lasted, but WOW it was amazing! I have danced with Oneness only a few times, but each time it was truly appreciated :D

Where I am now, is that I know I Am not this temporary physical vehicle. I Am Consciousness exploring the physical arena, and I know I Am much, much more! As we all our. The physical is the playground of the Soul, albeit a very dark playground for many Souls at this time; and it has been for far too long.

I look forward to my lease ending on this temporary physical vehicle, but not just yet!!! Funny thing was even before my NDE like experience I knew there was no death!
Hi Lenny,

Welcome to the forum. Wish you a good time here.
In the seventies I read all the Lobsang Rampa books in french translation (J'ai lu). I liked them a lot.
But at that time I wasn't sure, if what I was reading wasn't a mere novels, or kind of fantasy.
Even today after having read lots of NDEs I'm still wondering about L.Rampa.
Have a nice day
Marguy
Marguy wrote: Hi Lenny,

Welcome to the forum. Wish you a good time here.
In the seventies I read all the Lobsang Rampa books in french translation (J'ai lu). I liked them a lot.
But at that time I wasn't sure, if what I was reading wasn't a mere novels, or kind of fantasy.
Even today after having read lots of NDEs I'm still wondering about L.Rampa.
Have a nice day
Marguy

Thanks Marguy! I have no problems with Rampa's writings as they resonated with me. Check out the website in my second post as it relates to Lobsang Rampa.

Blessings,

Lenny
Hey Lenny

Garry here

I see everybody has wished you a warm welcome and the same from me

hope you enjoy the forum and stick around and be a regular member

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
revlenny wrote:
Natalie wrote: Lenny,

I am currently reading PMH Atwater's, The Big Book of NDE's, and at almost 500 pages its thorough! PMH is my favorite author/researcher/speaker. I am also reading about PMH's three NDE's, which are inspirational.

Back in 1972 when I read Lobsang Rampa's The Third Eye, I never knew(consciously) that I'd enjoy such an eclectic journey!When I was 19 I had what I can only describe as a Oneness Dance! I was out on a road running training session, a 5 miler, at around midnight(I enjoyed running when all was quiet). I hit the long road of the run and suddenly I was no longer my physical body - everything was me! Their was no effort as I continued to run, I was gliding effortlessly. Not sure how long it lasted, but WOW it was amazing! I have danced with Oneness only a few times, but each time it was truly appreciated :D

Where I am now, is that I know I Am not this temporary physical vehicle. I Am Consciousness exploring the physical arena, and I know I Am much, much more! As we all our. The physical is the playground of the Soul, albeit a very dark playground for many Souls at this time; and it has been for far too long.

I look forward to my lease ending on this temporary physical vehicle, but not just yet!!! Funny thing was even before my NDE like experience I knew there was no death!

Lenny,
What an amazing experience you describe here. What do you think triggered your "Oneness Dance experience"?
I read from others NDEs that we are all one, and yet maintain our individual consciousness. It all sounds so good, but very difficult for me to conceptualize.

Stories like yours are so positive and reassuring for those of us who haven't been lucky enough to have had these wonderful experiences. I have read so many NDEs here, they are all filled with beauty and love, testimony of the existence of a creator, and life beyond the physical. We are so lucky now, with this available tecknology, to be able to share such knowledge with anyone around the world, giving us all the proof and reassurance that we have nothing to fear and so much to look forward to.
I look forward to reading about your NDE and other details of your experiences.

And thank you for the links that you are sharing here, I will check them out.
Natalie
Garry wrote: Hey Lenny

Garry here

I see everybody has wished you a warm welcome and the same from me

hope you enjoy the forum and stick around and be a regular member

:D Thanks Garry :D

Great bunch on this forum! Looking forward to my time here

Blessings,

Lenny
12 posts Page 1 of 1