Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Out-of-Body Experience
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Sue B's Experience

I had been leading a very intense life, searching for a meaning, my mind full of questions and longing for some kind of sign. I had left a husband and was starting over in a new country hoping to find something that made sense, something to answer the big Why. I was living in a communal situation with others looking for a purpose and meaning to their lives. I was one of the housekeepers with a million chores to get through. One minute I was sweeping a floor and the next I was in another dimension. I was completely overcome and words can never describe what I experienced but I will try.

There was complete love. I just stopped and gasped. I looked up swathed and surrounded by complete and utter, deep and abiding love. I also knew everything there was to know. Everything was completely clear. All my questions were answered, all knowledge was there. It was very powerful. I was in a dimension that was pure love. In front of me was a broad golden path and at the end of it on a golden throne I knew was the 'omnipotent power'. I couldn't see him except for a glow and a wonderful presence because I was just at the beginning of the golden road. I 'knew' in a way that was incredibly empowering and that I cannot possibly explain, that if I spent my whole life sweeping that golden road and never got further than just the beginnings it was enough. My life would not have been in vain - in fact my life had just begun. I was on the path.

When I 'returned' to the present I was in shock. It was a hugely humbling experience and with it came the acute awareness that we lived in a shadow world. That there was somewhere else that was infinitely brighter, clearer, more loving.

I mourned that place that I had been in and felt like I was in shock for days, weeks, months. I couldn't speak about it. I would say strange things like 'We're not where we're supposed to be. There is somewhere else. This is just a shadow world." Most people ignored me, probably rolled their eyes as they walked away. If I tried to describe it in any detail I would start crying. I would get to 'Oh it's so beautiful ....' and just break down. I was also depressed because I knew I had no idea how to return to that place or if I ever would. I felt displaced - the experience of that place was more real than the reality I was living.

In the end, over time, the whole experience got shoved to the back of my consciousness and ordinary life resumed. Reading these accounts has brought it all back, the joy and the sadness.
I had something similar happen-i was standing in my bathroom one minute, then transported somewhere else the next. It was beautiful and amazing. We will all return there one day, don't you worry. We're just here for a short time. :D I submitted my story recently under the OBE page if you're interested.
We're always interested!
Connected2eternalove wrote: I had something similar happen-i was standing in my bathroom one minute, then transported somewhere else the next. It was beautiful and amazing. We will all return there one day, don't you worry. We're just here for a short time. :D I submitted my story recently under the OBE page if you're interested.

Just read your story, it's amazing. Thanks for sharing
Whats the link to your story ?

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
My story is under Farrah J. under new OBEs.

Link to Farrah J's Story
We look forward to reading it!
Wow these rooms are dead. No pun intended. Where is everyone??
Connected2eternalove wrote: Wow these rooms are dead. No pun intended. Where is everyone??

out enjoying the warm weather

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
I just read your story, it's very well written! I like your description of how everything is in constant flux and falls into place with each decision we make.
Thank you...it's often hard to remember that in difficult times.
11 posts Page 1 of 1