Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
6 posts Page 1 of 1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Protestant churches have theology that says if it's not in the Bible, then you don't need it to get to Heaven.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sola_scriptura That doesn't mean something not mentioned in the Bible isn't true, but it is unnecessary and dangerous to engage in speculation about things not explicitly dealt with in the Bible.

These NDE's do support the Bible, though. People do not report seeing Buddha or Mohammed, and even atheists recognize Jesus when they see Him.

The god of Islam is not portrayed as a loving father and Isa is not Allah's son.

They say, ‘God has begotten a son.’ God forbid! Self-sufficient is He. His is all that the heavens and the earth contain. Surely for this you have no sanction. Whould you say of God what you know not?
—Qur’an 10:68
Say: ‘GOD is One, the Eternal God. He begot none, nor was He begotten. None is equal to Him.’
—Qur’an 112:1-4

In NDE's God is portrayed as the source of all love. NDE's report that people still have their former gender, but no sexual parts. There are still families, but no procreation or sex is mentioned.

The Bible says those counted worthy of the next life will neither marry nor be given in marriage Matthew 22:30.

Under Islam marriage continues in Paradise http://www.questionsonislam.com/questio ... e-paradise

A couple of things that trips up Protestants about NDE's.

One is the verse which says that it is appointed unto man once to die and then the judgment. Hebrews 9:27
From all the NDE's "the judgment" appears to be 'go back, it's not your time yet.'
2 Samuel 14:14 Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But that is not what God desires; rather, he devises ways so that a banished person does not remain banished from him.
1. All groups of people (not just churches) tend to reject / react against ideas that they perceive as challenging their beliefs. Even many liberals/progressives who promote "anything is ok" and "don't judge me" lash out against those who disagree with them. This is a human problem, not a church problem.

2. "Churches" referenced vary greatly. Some churches ok with some NDE's, some not.

3. Some ND experiences support a Christian viewpoint, some are neutral, some contradict. No worries, many NDEs contradict each other as well.

4. It is useful to be skeptical - "don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see". Then work forward from there. I do accept that NDE experiencers report on their perception of what they experienced, and that it goes far beyond the "natural" explanations that scientists offer.

5. I don't accept that these experiences represent Truth or are equal.

6. I don't accept that churches represent Truth or are equal.

7. I don't accept that religions represent Truth or are equal. This also includes many New Age ideas, UFOs, etc.

8. I do accept that the core nature of Christianity (not to be confused with the awful application of some folks' awful interpretation) is based upon a profound principle of Divine Love which is consistent with so many of these experiences.

9. I do look for common ideas and try to integrate those into my own thinking and life. Some of these ideas agree with my basic belief systems, some sharply challenge my beliefs. Studying NDE reports had profoundly impacted my views.
Oh I now.
People in the church tend to be reserved to it mostly.
But its okey for me.
They believe in God and in Jesus and thats enough. :)
Love, and REAL Love, is what we want and need! :P
ccndr wrote: All groups of people (not just churches) tend to reject / react against ideas that they perceive as challenging their beliefs. Even many liberals/progressives who promote "anything is ok" and "don't judge me" lash out against those who disagree with them. This is a human problem, not a church problem.

If you think that churches have a lock on rejecting ideas that don't agree with their dearly held beliefs, consider that so many doctors and scientists reject and ridicule reports of NDEs. Or anything else that goes against what they have been taught. Science is, in many ways, treated just like a religion (in the way that folks blindly accept it as the only real source of truth). There is nothing like someone standing up and advocating "intelligent design" to get evolutionists to start ranting and foaming at the mouth. :D

One more? How about the battles within science - like "global warming"? Talk about virulent and even violent.

Just saying...
ccndr wrote:
ccndr wrote: All groups of people (not just churches) tend to reject / react against ideas that they perceive as challenging their beliefs. Even many liberals/progressives who promote "anything is ok" and "don't judge me" lash out against those who disagree with them. This is a human problem, not a church problem.

If you think that churches have a lock on rejecting ideas that don't agree with their dearly held beliefs, consider that so many doctors and scientists reject and ridicule reports of NDEs. Or anything else that goes against what they have been taught. Science is, in many ways, treated just like a religion (in the way that folks blindly accept it as the only real source of truth). There is nothing like someone standing up and advocating "intelligent design" to get evolutionists to start ranting and foaming at the mouth. :D

One more? How about the battles within science - like "global warming"? Talk about virulent and even violent.

Just saying...

Yoy are right.
But it seems to begin to change..
Im watching Youtube and dr pim van lommel and other doctors (cardiologists) and scientists who really are serious about this beutiful amazing experiences and they talk about non local consciousness and so.
I'm so grateful to them for being brave enough to stand up in public and talk about it. :)
Love to you.
6 posts Page 1 of 1