Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
6 posts Page 1 of 1
HolyWar

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Christianity and Islam have been at war for over 1300 years.

http://www.ied.info/books/why/the-1300- ... nd-muslims
Weird - for me, the youtube link seems to be hidden somehow - it wasn't until I tried "quoting" Garry's post that it exposed the youtube link. I assume this is the link you mean?
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL87D689D084BC164F
Yes CCNDR, the link is that playlist. It opened in a new window in Firefox for me.
It looks like the next (current) major Holy War (has in progress for hundreds of years) is between the Sunni and the Shia Muslims. They pull in anyone and everyone along the way that they can. There is Biblical prophesy that can be used to show that Iran will soon burst out and take over much of the Mideast - then will be counter-attacked by Turkey - a replay of old history. As in, history repeats itself. However, this time, it takes on a truly global aspect, since so many world powers have such a vested interest in the Mideast.

These folks know no bounds of brutality. 9/11 was a nice afternoon in the park compared to the evil capacities that these demon-driven people demonstrate on each other on a daily basis.

It is kind of bizarre - the US is playing one side against the other. As in, supporting the Shia (Iraq's majority religion) while opposing Iran (also Shia), but pretending not to notice Iran's military moves against ISIS (Sunni, probably secretly supported by Turkey), while attacking the Sunni ISIS directly who is attacking Assad (Shia-variant) while supporting other Sunni fighters who are attacking Assad. This doesn't even begin to peel back the complexity. I would love to criticize the current administration, but frankly, the situation is beyond comprehension, let alone trying to control the outcome. All this while we are driven by our own interests in the region along with (some) compassion for poor miserable ethnic groups who had no part of this, but are being abused and slaughtered.
good morning

this post has been brought to the front again as i was testing the bump functionand the colour function

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
6 posts Page 1 of 1