Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Post your introduction and Tell us a little something about yourself
31 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm thrilled to be part of this forum, and would love the chance to chat with other NDE people. I don't know any others yet. Also, a question for the administrators, have you had a chance to go over my NDE account that I submitted?
Hi Ken,

We're glad you are here.

The people that handle the NDE accounts have been quite busy recently. I would check back (in the new stories section) in about 2 weeks after you submit your experience.

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Archives/NDERF_NDEs.htm
Thanks Misha,

I imagine it will take a while for everyone to get familiar with me. The NDE account I submitted is rather long. I've had over 50 years to recall everything, and I tried to include as much detail as I could. My experience had a LOT of female influence. I asked that my account not be posted until I get a response from someone. I can wait as long as it takes them. No rush on my end.
Happy to meet you Ken, glad you are here

Cant wait to read you story

Garry

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Ken,

Do you mean you want a response from NDERF (who accepted your info), or someone in your life story?
If you need a response from NDERF, email or PM me.
Misha,

I didn't feel comfortable with my story being published automatically, so I want to be asked first before it's put on the website. I'm not used to sharing openly in this cynical world.
Hi Ken
Our friends who manage the stories have been swamped with work recently. If you need anything, let me know. They are careful about privacy, names, and your wishes. So just express your needs as clearly as you can.
I didn't feel comfortable with my story being published automatically, so I want to be asked first before it's put on the website. I'm not used to sharing openly in this cynical world.

we could set up an area where you can post it but only You , myself and Misha would be able to see it until you are ready to post it live.

Assuming this is ok with Misha also

Just a thought

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Thank you Misha & Garry,

No worries on my end, and no rush to get my story reviewed either. I have been reading other NDE stories in the meantime and I'm finding many parts of mine are hardly unique. I'm just fine with waiting. ;)
Wow Ken I can't wait. I love the long detailed stories. Especially cool since you are here to talk about it yourself. If you want to that is. You might want to check out a local iands group if you've like some face to face contact with other experiencers.
Hi, Ken. Welcome.
I'm ano. I have been hanging out on this site on and off for well over ten years.
Had an nde many years ago at the age of fifteen.
It can be nice to talk to others. I know I came looking for that way back when and did succeed in finding a few friends.
Hey there everyone. My NDE is posted now. #7526

Ken L's NDE
Write the book! Please ;-)
KenL wrote: Hey there everyone. My NDE is posted now. #7526

Morning Ken

may I link your story directly to your post ?

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
may I link your story directly to your post ?

Hi Garry, please do! My computer skills are somewhat limited.

Done !
Hi KenL
Awesome! I plan to read every word tonight!
Hi KenL
I just read the account of your experience. It is a wonderful experience.
I think it is very important that people post their experiences, because the world needs the information, and the good news coming with it.
Hi Marguy,

Thank you. I wrote my account for the first time in the early 1980's. As time goes on I have been able to remember more. Then around 2001 I started to write more detail. It was published in a family newsletter around 2008 by an uncle who is a retired minister. I have been told my story is very similar to the book 'Heaven Is Real' but I have never read it.
It's very interesting!
Hi Ken,

I just read your NDE story. What an amazing and wonderful experience. Meeting and seeing family members on the other side for the first time, and confirming their existence when you came back, had to be mind blowing for you and for your family here when you told them your story. Such strong evidence that your experience was real.
Thank you for sharing your story with us.
Natalie
Hi Ken.

I've just read your story, it's amazing... thanks for sharing and may peace be always with you...
Hi Natalie & Joshua,

Thanks for the kind comments. This group is amazing, and I'm really grateful I found a place to share. I would post a picture of the old oval photos that I have, but I'm not sure how...Garry?
Posting photos is very easy Ken

At the bottom of your post when you are typing it in using the full editor

upload a picture.jpeg

Just follow the instructions

Edit post.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG

Ok all, here are my g-grandparents that I met in heaven. I'm sure the skeptics out there will see this as ZERO proof. I don't care. My relatives were very nice to me, and I look forward to the day I get to see them again. They wore period clothing, and appeared to be older adults just like in these pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hi Ken,

Thank you for posting the pictures. Your story is so amazing. When you came back from your NDE, did you search for pictures to confirm your experience, or how did you run across these pictures. What did you feel when you found this proof of your experience.

I imagine that although it must be so incredibly exiting to experience an NDE, once you come back, it must feel lonely to some extent not having someone to talk to who has shared such an experience. Trying to relate to friends or family who can not process something of such magnitude, must be very difficult. I am fascinated by all the NDE stories that I read, and yet it is so difficult to imagine experiencing such clarity and lucidity without any of our physical faculties.
However, I do have complete faith and believe in God, and having so many people share their NDE stories, is a gift of proof to the rest of us.

Natalie
Natalie wrote: When you came back from your NDE, did you search for pictures to confirm your experience, or how did you run across these pictures. What did you feel when you found this proof of your experience.

Hi Natalie, After I came back I had much more appreciation for my living grandparents, and I spent as much time with them as I could so I could ask questions about their childhood. I went through a period of adjustment that was hard for me at first, and some of my teachers at school were not prepared to deal with it. My grandparents seemed to understand that all I needed was a little kindness and understanding, so I loved being around them. I came back with a keen curiosity about family, and how it's important to remember those who have gone before us. I learned a lot about my dad's family by talking with my grandparents, and grandma eventually showed me the pictures that were stored in her basement. I recognized them immediately, but I didn't know their names. I knew the woman with the lighter colored hair was my grandmother's mother. When I learned where my g-grandparents were buried I convinced a couple of my friends to go on a hike with me to the cemetery, and we put some flowers on their graves. My parents eventually inherited the photos, and they hung in one of the spare bedrooms. They are mine now, along with a lot of other pictures that my grandmother saved.

I also inherited a box full of documents that were kept over the years. One of my favorites is my g-grandfather's American citizenship document where he had to "denounce" the King of Denmark to become a citizen of the US. The box also contained a lot of old letters. I found a letter written by Jimmy (my dad's cousin who was killed in Korea). Jimmy was the first relative I met in heaven. We looked up the postage date and found the letter was mailed only a week or so before he was killed. The military had torn several parts of the letter away because it must have contained sensitive information. I found Jimmy's living sister, and I gave it to her. She told me a lot more about him then. Jimmy wasn't a big guy, but he loved the military life, and he volunteered to serve in Korea after WWII was over. He worked in a staff office and wasn't a fighter. Apparently the enemy advanced quickly and his office location was surrounded. An American soldier fought his way in to give Jimmy a gun, and told him he would have to fight his way out to safety. Jimmy was shot and he bled to death. It was cold there, and he wore a leather jacket. He is buried next to his grandparents, my g-grandparents.
I thought maybe you would like to see what I looked like after I came home from the 2nd operation. Christmas-1963. I remember the cowboy hat and the gun were both under the tree. Kinda classic American, no? I was still terribly skinny and feeling sick, but Christmas has a way of making children smile. :D
Ken,
What an interesting story, and what a privilege for you to meet so many generations of your family while being so young and in this physical life. It's interesting that your great-grandparents looked older to you when you met them on the other side. Do you think they purposely looked that particular age so that you would be able to recognize them in these pictures later. So many NDE stories say that they see their friends and relatives looking young again on the other side. Perhaps we get to choose our age there. Do you remember how real the experience felt to you compared to this physical existence.
Great, classic cowboy picture of you as well. I can only imagine how grateful and happy your parents must have been, that you survived through all that, at such a young age.
Thanks for sharing this with us. It's fascinating to read.
Natalie
Oh gosh, Natalie, I just tried to post a long, rambling response to your questions, and it didn't post because my connection was lost. Darn! Now I'm tired and need to take a break. I will answer your questions later. Sorry!
Ok Natalie, this time I wrote my response to your questions off-line. Hopefully I can share more this way...

"It's interesting that your great-grandparents looked older to you when you met them on the other side. Do you think they purposely looked that particular age so that you would be able to recognize them in these pictures later."

I didn't see anything that indicated my g-grandparents could alter their appearance. The dark-haired couple posed for their photo between 1900-1905. They are my dad's paternal grandparents, and I have another photo that was taken at the same time. It includes my grandfather, who looks no older than 10, so my g-grandparents were in their early 30's when the picture was taken. They looked exactly that age when I met them in heaven. I know I said they looked older to me, but my memory is that of a little boy, so 30 year-old people were old to me at the time.

The lighter haired couple were my dad's maternal grandparents, and they appear older in their picture than I remember them looking in heaven. They too looked healthy, and I think they must have looked 30-ish when I met them. I have no idea what age they are in their photo, but I suspect they were older than 30. Their grandson, Jimmy, who was also my dad's cousin, looked younger than them up in heaven. He would have been in his 20's when he died.

"Do you remember how real the experience felt to you compared to this physical existence."

Yes, very clearly! Everything we experienced together was enveloped in God's intense love. Communication goes way beyond the spoken word up there. I can recall their basic personalities as it was part of how we felt joy together. We can feel joy here on earth that is very close to the joy in heaven. It's similar to an infant child who has been comforted by it's mother.
Ken, thank you for your answers.
The age appearance of relatives and friends on the other side seems to be consistent for most NDEs, being in their 30's. Which happens to be when we are supposedly at the peak of our physical /mental health strength.
I also wonder how spiris can retain the appearance of their physical form. It all sounds so fascinating and yet So difficult to understand, so much to figure out.
Natalie
31 posts Page 1 of 1