Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
Post your introduction and Tell us a little something about yourself
14 posts Page 1 of 1
hi everyone ,im eddie and i dont have a clue whats going on i just feel relieved that i have found others that have gone through this , it was very weird when it first happened ,i guess i felt like a freak and on the other hand felt special. . like anyone else i was driven with this desire to tell someone yet knew what their response was going to be and was not disappointed when i did. finally i looked it up on the internet and was blown away to hear some of the stories were almost identical to mine .

now im close to being obsessed with hearing the stories and videos .if anyone can give me some insight on how to deal with this please feel free to do this. one thing i would like to mention i spent twelve and a half years in prison , it was good to be free however it seems as though ive been reincarcerated with this thing , i know in my heart that it was real and it was the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to me ,the down side is i dont know what to do with it ,HELPPPP
Hey Eddie

welcome

Do you have your story typed out as we would all love to read it

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Hi Eddie,
What a treat to have you join us. For those of us who have not been privileged to have had this Type of experience, it is so refreshing to read and hear from people like you who have had this experience. Reading and hearing about these experiences strengthens our faith and offers so much hope.
I look forward to reading more about you and about your wonderful experience.

Welcome to this forum where you can feel free to write , comment and share any thoughts about this subject.

Natalie
Hi Eddie,

Welcome to the board. Seems I once read a NDE story that was written in prison. It took place way back in the 30's. I found it somehow on the Internet. Anyway, I don't think anyone here really cares if you've been to prison. People who have experienced the other life dimension tend to look beyond all the earthly clutter. Heck, I live in Nebraska, and nobody has made a corncob joke yet.
eddie wrote: i spent twelve and a half years in prison , it was good to be free however it seems as though ive been reincarcerated with this thing , i know in my heart that it was real and it was the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to me ,the down side is i dont know what to do with it ,HELPPPP

Nobody here should care that you went away for a bit , but we do care that you want to understand it.

We can only lead you to the various stories and videos of others, and have you join our conversations, but in the end it is you who will figure it all out..

We have many links here to many resources, so have fun exploring and feel free to ask any questions you want

it was the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to me ,the down side is i dont know what to do with it

what to do with it is easy , enjoy the fact that you got to experience it and if you want , type it out and let us read it ( so we can experience it also ) as I know we all will want to....

[line=green]2[/line]

For your interest , this is what brought me here

My Story

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
thank you all for your kind words and i am very grateful for your acceptance.

i did in fact write my story out and had a heck of a time submitting it it just keep giving me an error thing and said page wasn't available so i sent it to the email address that was on the page , i hope that was the right thing to do.

I've always felt like telling my story was a big part of why it happened and that made a lot of sense didn't it .

Ii mean i felt a certain obligation and like most things relating to this was just confused about what to do how do you describe something that is indescribable? i've seen so many videos and heard so many people try to describe it and some were better than others and some were in my opinion flexing their intellectual muscles ,but most were real and i cant tell you how i know that but when youve had one [nde] it is very easy to tell if another person has and by far there are so more real than not.

iIf i may be so bold as to continue rambling on i would like to clear a few things up . i've always believed in God ,i just didnt understand how things could be the way we were taught in bible school . ive always been cynical and didn't buy everything just because someone else did

I question everything and i might add that while in prison i wasn't a [role model] inmate which got me a lot of time in the hole [ solitary confinement]its actually called administrative segregation now ,but when your in the hole you cannot have anything but a bible

They even take your blanket from 7 till 7. so i have read and studied the bible ,three different versions of it from cover to cover three times and what i came to realize is that the answers we so desperately seek are right there in your face and its not the complicated crap the evangelist try to ram down your throat but the simplest verses we all have read or heard

i will give you an example then close cause i could do this all night heres number one ,if we as a society could just believe this verse and it is one hundred percent true it would change the entire world,but no one believes it or at least practices it and it simply is this

REJOICE AT DEATH AND WEEP AT BIRTH

does not every person whos had a nde say that they no longer fear death and actually welcome it .

Heres another and i dont know the exact wording because it is different in each translation but it says that eyes have not seen nor ears not heard or r something like that ,beheld was the word

i think the glory of GOD AND YOU SAY WAIT A MINUTE ALL THESE PEOPLE SAY THEY SAW OR FELT AND THEY DID AND SO DID I

THE THING IS THIS WE ONLY SAW OR FELT A PORTION OF IT NO ONE SAW ALL OF IT CAUSE WE ALL CAME BACK,that is what the bible meant because if you notice we all have the same problem we cant describe it completely because there are no words in the english language that will do it adequately

One person got close he said the feeling was like a mother would have or the child that was separated at birth and thought to gone forever only to be reunited a few years later that hit home, and when i heard that something that had been eating away at my brain since it happened suddenly became clear and a lot of things made sense and my understanding of it is this ,we are all part of one body, here we go with number three , the body of Christ .

and when we are born we are separated from God , what does the word sin mean ,separated from God, and we are all born into sin .

number four and five. simple verses we heard numerous times but didnt give them much thought are the answers to the greatest mysterys of the universe i hope that helps someone good night my friends
Many people who have experienced an NDE claim there are no words ( in any language ) that can decribe what they have experenced.

Yesterday I read this person's account of his experience and found it well written with a good grasp of wording to explain what he had experienced.

The Third Time Charm

Spontaneously, there was a direct “knowing” that there was no death, but more to the point – it was self-evidently obvious that there had never been, nor could there ever be, the person I had taken myself to be. All that had been like a brief restless dream, an imaginary figment. There was no car, no accident, no trace of any reference point. There was no narrative or story line of “my life”, any life, any world, any past or future. There was nothing to remember, nothing to forget, nothing to hope for, nothing to fear. In fact the whole history of human experience was revealed as a non-event, or what I came to call a virtual reality. When one is identified with it, it all appears totally real, time and space seem real, other people seem real, places and events seem real, but once outside the illusion, it all dissolves as if it never was.

What became clearly obvious was that nothing had ever happened, nothing had ever arisen. This was not in the form of an idea, but vivid beyond anything seen in the normal waking state. The accompanying sense was not of some existential angst, but on the contrary, immense joy and gratitude, and then “behind” that, just this impersonal knowing quality that remains ever untouched, just a pure awareness without any object or emotion or anything perceivable or conceivable, except the recognition of its own sufficiency (to use words that cannot even really say it).

Alone, yet with no sense of lack or feeling of incompleteness — nothing to be desired or avoided, accepted or rejected. A self-illuminating Awareness — boundless and inexpressible, vastness with no center, motionless, serenity with no opposite, and thus not even serenity –

such words and phrases don’t even touch it — and it went on forever, yet without even any sense of time. The timeless limitless Void, but not with any quality of lack or vacantness one might associate with that concept. In fact, there are no associations or qualities that could be applied, while immersed in that suchness. It defies any attempt to frame it, since it is without reference to frame, and so I will cease my efforts in that regard.

If one has had that experience, no words are necessary.

If not, no words are sufficient.

The Third Time Charm

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
Thank you for that story and again here is an example of a person trying to do the impossible . it is frustrating to say the least . will you let me know if you got the questionaire i filled out along with my story ? thats probably a dumb question but one i felt compelled to ask. If not how do i get it to ya will the upload attachment below do it ? im not very good at this so ill wait for your reply before i do anything else . one other thing i would like to comment on and that is the book of song of solomon. we are taught in sunday school about how wise he was possibly the wisest man ever yet i dont remember being told or taught any of his wisdom .

i have read different articles about the necessity of this book and why it was even included in the bible . and must admit after reading several times thinking whats that got to do with anything all he talks about was how this and that mean nothing and such and such had this or that but what good is it . after having my nde for some reason that book seems like the most important one in the bible now and the message is clear his reputation alone should draw us to reading his words and here again just believe his simple message cause he is dead on the money .

this life and this body and all the worldly possessions and who we think we are specifically those who think they are in some sort of authoritive position are the biggest joke there is it all means nothing. i found myself trying to defend what i know to be factual about the existence of God to this scientist whos feild was quantum physics [ imagine that] he has a very compelling arguement that theres no way there could be life after death .

i relayed to him that with all his degrees and books and equations he was very impressive and quite believable to the average Joe but today you are speaking to an authority on the subject and its ok to believe that garbage in fact my god anticipated it and sent his son to die a horrible death so people like him didnt have to . i was so reminded of the time jesus was tempted and offered some goats or something like that and imagine his thoughts yet he merely said my father owns the cattle on a thousand hills, no thanks
Welcome to the forums Eddie!
Great that you are being so honest about your incarceration. I doubt that I would have the guts to tell 'the internet' about it if I had been locked up.
Like Garry said, NDEers are not normally judgemental. Once you find out that God loves us all unconditionally you'd have to be a very pretentious fool to think you can improve on that!
I hope we can help you put the pieces of your personal puzzle back together, or some of them at least.
Dealing with an NDE can be a life-long challenge, you are never the same person afterward but you are not alone (even in earth-terms).

Dennis
thanks Dennis i cant help but feel that everything that happens ,does so for a reason so im not the least bit ashamed of my past ,well maybe a little lol. i suppose the fact that no one was hurt in any way from my actions has a lot to do with it . My biggest problem is figuring how it all fits together but it sure is nice to know there are people out there that you can talk to about it, my wife seems to understand but i dont see how its almost like part of the experiance is living with the confusion anyway talk to ya later
Hi Eddie,

Welcome at the forum.

eddie wrote: My biggest problem is figuring how it all fits together but it sure is nice to know there are people out there that you can talk to about it,

I'm a non NDEr so we also are trying to figure how life is working (and NDEs), and we hope getting answers from you the NDErs, funny isn't it.
Here some ideas I got after reading so many Experiences.

I'm convinced that we are now in times where
the Source of all sources,
the infinite Light,
the Love that is a being,
the Spirit of the universe, etc. etc..
is recruting messengers that we call NDErs, and with the help of modern medecine, sends them back to earth with ITS message.
They are called by the thousands, and even if their stories are as diverse as there is life,
the message is still the same as we got it in the past.
But I do think that it will not be overheard this time.

This good News are:
That we all are ITS beloved children
That there is life after death and death is only a transition
That the most important thing is love
That we the living should spread it around and live in peace on this earth.

And the NDErs themselves are changed by their respective experiences, and have the desire to fullfill the message, even if they sometimes do not remember what they are supposed to do.

When we read the NDEs, as those experiencers are telling them to us, we get accounts that are not deformed by dogmas, but as they are so various and uncommon in comparison to our everyday life, we have to glean the underlying message.
Hi Marguy,
I absolutely agree! I can look at old paintings of a spiritual nature and I can often understand what the painter was trying to communicate without the guidance of an expert. Humanity is so close to the truth that it almost hurts. My point is that NDE's have been going on for a long time, and entire religions were based on people like us. When we finally get to the point that we totally understand our purpose, God will return. Satan is us if we embrace fear and lack of faith.
KenL wrote: Hi Marguy,
I absolutely agree! I can look at old paintings of a spiritual nature and I can often understand what the painter was trying to communicate without the guidance of an expert. Humanity is so close to the truth that it almost hurts. My point is that NDE's have been going on for a long time, and entire religions were based on people like us. When we finally get to the point that we totally understand our purpose, God will return. Satan is us if we embrace fear and lack of faith.

Humanity is so close to the truth that it almost hurts. My point is that NDE's have been going on for a long time, and entire religions were based on people like us.

And there are already people out there trying to monopolize on a monetary basis on the experiences of you guys !!!

Spiritual Tourism

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
14 posts Page 1 of 1