Mission Statment

click me to Open or Close
"This is a non-profit, non-denominational and apolitical online discussion site, designed to support research and study of consciousness experiences, such as near death experiences and other spiritually transformative experiences, support experiencers and spread the message of love, unity and peace around the world. We do not allow proselytizing or bullying (please refer to our Joining Rules). We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, nationalities, countries and/or religions to bring up any topic they feel fit for this place and to read and participate in the conversations held here, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."
2 posts Page 1 of 1
I guess that the Best way to start this is with the Example Song Imagine.

Beatles – Imagine
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

This song by the Beatles is a good example of the song writer's idealistic desire for "World Change". The melody is meloncholy which almost says that they do not have very high hopes that this can happen. We have to remember though, that it was written during one of the most stressful times in World history -"The Cold War". The one thing that strikes me is not the lyrics that are sung but of something unspoken. Religion has been a constant source of many of the negative things mentioned in the song. What is their motivation? If not Religion, then maybe the alternative is just so much worse that it can't be considered an option. Maybe in place of religion they believed that Faith in all of us to Love one another is powerful enough to accomplish their goal.

Imagine is an example of the first type of song that has Religious, Moral, Devine or Biblical references. The group has a comonly recogonized name and the lyrics are very easy to hear and understand. In the second song I present even in the example sentence is a little different. It is easy to hear the words, has a pleasing melody but it's meaning is not as clear. The song's name is as if it is asking a question "WHEN" sung by Shania Twain. I am not going to share why this song interests me right now as there are other things that are needed to be shared before the song can make any sense. I will comment that it mentions John Lennon of the Beatles who wrote the song "Imagine" and is responsible for many new innovations in Rock and Roll. But is it coincidence that WHEN is sung by a singer identified with Country or so-called crossover music? You decide.

Shania Twain – When
If elephants could fly I'd be a little more optimistic
But I don't see that happening anytime soon
I don't mean to sound so pessimistic
But I don't think that cow really jumped over the moon

When will I wake up?
Why did we break up?
When will we make up?

When money grows on trees
People live in peace
Everyone agrees
When happiness is free
Love can guarantee
You'll come back to me-that's when

I'd love to wake up smiling-full of the joys of spring
And hear on CNN that Elvis lives again
And that John's back with the Beatles and they're going out on tour
I'll be the first in line for tickets-gotta see that show for sure

When will I wake up?
Why did we break up?
When will we make up?

People live in peace
Everyone agrees
When happiness is free
Love can guarantee

When will I wake up?
Why did we break up?
When will we make up?

People live in peace
Everyone agrees
When happiness is free
Love can guarantee
RobertS wrote: Thanks Again Gary,Misha and I'm sure Jody. And Hey humor is great guys. I don't Mind a bit. I had no problem getting here to post. Unlike the website I once tried on my own. And the hardest thing for me now is to decide what exactly to do?

By the way is there a way to ask you about issues and questions about how to do things here that I might not want to post?

Yes use the pm ( Private message ) to either myself or Misha

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary
2 posts Page 1 of 1