Still afraid to speak up

Post your introduction and Tell us a little something about yourself
ArleneAlexandre

Still afraid to speak up

Post by ArleneAlexandre » Tue May 07, 2019 11:28 am

Hello to all the NDE Survivors;
I am still at the "fear" stage of speaking up or openly. My experience was over 7 months ago.... How do you get past this stage? I have touched base with my husband on the subject but it felt and still feels awkward. I started the conversation with a very close friend of mine but she missed the Whatsapp and I took it as a sign not to speak about it. I then brought it up once more but only asking if she believes in it.... she said she does but I didn't take it further and just said when I am ready we can talk.... All advice welcome... breaking into a sweat just typing this.

ZenTzu
Registered Member

Re: Still afraid to speak up

Post by ZenTzu » Tue May 07, 2019 8:14 pm

A very warm welcome to you Arlene. If and when you are ready we here are happy to listen. There is nothing to fear :D
What is a Shih Tzu? "A dash of Lion, several teaspoons of Rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of Beggar,
a tablespoon of Monkey, one part Baby Seal, and a dash of Teddy Bear."
~ James E. Mumford

Giulia
Administrator

Post by Giulia » Wed May 08, 2019 1:48 am

Welcome, Arlene ❤️

I’d love to read an account of your NDE. I look forward to, but please feel under no pressure about it.

You could start a topic in the Share Your Story section, and that would become your own special space to share.

And you can take a look around and read about other people’s stories. I still feel very uneasy about sharing OBES. I think to myself “If I had a near-death experience” I’d want to tell everyone. Being in what I deem the second part of my life, I feel it is my responsibility to share as many first-hand experiences about life after death.

Please make yourself comfortable and, if in doubt about anything, just ask. 😊
Hello from Italy - YouTube Channel - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience

Vicky
Near Death Experiencer

Post by Vicky » Thu May 09, 2019 4:27 pm

Hello Arlene and welcome!

I can remember back many years ago when I felt the same way as you do now, so I completely understand. I guess the only way to move past your fear and feeling awkward is to just start talking to people you trust and see how they respond. Don't pressure them to talk about it if they don't want to. But it will be good practice for you. At some point you'll find someone who is very happy you brought it up.

Today at my chiropractic visit I asked the receptionist if she likes true ghost stories and she said no, absolutely not. She wasn't upset that I asked, and in fact it interests her but she's just scared of the topic of ghosts and other such experiences, as she's afraid of what it might bring into her life. But many years ago I would never have just opened up a conversation like that. Oftentimes I find that you can bring up just about any topic you want to about the paranormal or spiritual experiences and there is always someone who has a story to share. I rarely find people who get upset that it's brought up.

I remember when I was pregnant with my daughter, so about 22 years ago, I finally got up the courage to tell my parents about an amazing spiritual experience that I had had. I was so nervous. I didn't think they'd believe me and I was afraid of how they'd react or if they'd challenge my beliefs about it. But to my surprise they were so amazed. They were so happy I shared it with them. They said "Why didn't you say anything about it before??" My dad said, "You should tell the whole world! Everyone needs to hear about this!" For him to be so wonderfully supportive and inspiring it made me feel so confident. And my mom said, "So what if someone doesn't believe you. There will be plenty of people who do! And you know it's true, so that's all that matters." My mom usually wasn't very supportive of me so this was pretty special coming from her.

I'd love to hear about any of your experiences Arlene :D

Sylvie
Near Death Experiencer

Post by Sylvie » Sat May 11, 2019 3:33 am

Hi Arlene : I understand how you feel, seven months it’s fairly recent . I lived an NDE when I was 17 ( 40 years ago) what I have experienced has always been strong and constant, as an inescapable truth. It's part of me, it's me! I learned to take the risk of sharing it with people I liked, not all of them were receptive, but I was never rejected. Moreover, it has had the merit of making these people think and helping them to open up, to be more tolerant. I think it's a beautiful thing. If it can helps you , here is my NDE ‘s référence on the site and of course I am ready to discuss yours and how you feel about it. (I lived my NDE 40 years ago): 3280 Sylvie A NDE 7235🌸

gravitonring
Administrator

Post by gravitonring » Sat May 11, 2019 4:59 am

Sylvie A NDE

ano1
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:36 pm

Arlene,
Earlier today I tried to send you a planned, somewhat lengthy and informative message but the site timed me out and froze up.
Essentially, I wanted to say that it takes time. Seven months is a new nde. Be patient with yourself. Integrating back into this world can be difficult, but it will become easier with time.
I remember when everything was fresh and wanting to scream..."Don't you people understand? None of this matters!" But how can others understand our experience? It would have been a challenge for us, too, if we had not had the journey.
I had my experience at fifteen before the term nde existed...that was very challenging for me.
Now, forty plus years later, I have been able to share more freely. But, it took a long time. I do know that I feel blessed to have had my experience and have the knowledge that we are loved beyond our imaginations.
Please, be kind to yourself.
This site helped me, a lot. Snoop around here, I think it will help you, too.

Giulia
Administrator

Post by Giulia » Tue May 14, 2019 1:51 am

ano1 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:36 pm
Arlene,
Earlier today I tried to send you a planned, somewhat lengthy and informative message but the site timed me out and froze up.
I am very sorry you lost your lovely post, ano. I have been trying to send an e-mail to all members, to let them know that we are having some technical difficulties and that we hope to be back online very soon.

I will copy and paste your reply to Arlene in an e-mail and make sure she receives it just in case the forum is down again today.

Thank you. :)
Hello from Italy - YouTube Channel - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience

ano1
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Tue May 14, 2019 9:45 am

Giulia, Thank You. You are truly a blessing to this forum.

Giulia
Administrator

Post by Giulia » Tue May 14, 2019 1:13 pm

You are welcome. I have e-mailed to you Arlene's reply :)

Bean

Post by Bean » Sat May 18, 2019 8:31 pm

Hi Arlene!

I must be one of the few people here that has not had an OBE, NDE or other otherworldly experience but I know they occur. :) what’s great about the internet is that it connects people to other like minded people who we otherwise would not meet. I for one would be very interested in reading about your experience without judgement.

Bean

Post by Bean » Sun May 19, 2019 1:32 pm

Sylvie wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 3:33 am
Hi Arlene : I understand how you feel, seven months it’s fairly recent . I lived an NDE when I was 17 ( 40 years ago) what I have experienced has always been strong and constant, as an inescapable truth. It's part of me, it's me! I learned to take the risk of sharing it with people I liked, not all of them were receptive, but I was never rejected. Moreover, it has had the merit of making these people think and helping them to open up, to be more tolerant. I think it's a beautiful thing. If it can helps you , here is my NDE ‘s référence on the site and of course I am ready to discuss yours and how you feel about it. (I lived my NDE 40 years ago): 3280 Sylvie A NDE 7235🌸
I felt very moved by your NDE. Thank you for sharing. Although I can sense that your life has been full of very difficult challenges, I can see why this is your last experience on earth. Those that suffer greatly are usually near the end of their earthly journey.