I just joined but apparently no one comes here anymore? Comment by new member Bean moved to correct area for responses.

Post your introduction and Tell us a little something about yourself
gravitonring
Administrator

I just joined but apparently no one comes here anymore? Comment by new member Bean moved to correct area for responses.

Post by gravitonring » Wed May 08, 2019 2:14 pm

Bean wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:21 am
I just joined but apparently no one comes here anymore? Anyways, I’ve never had an out of body experience or NDE but I know of people who have and 100% believe they happen. I was hoping this site was active.

gravitonring
Administrator

Re: I just joined but apparently no one comes here anymore? Comment by new member Bean moved here for responses.

Post by gravitonring » Wed May 08, 2019 2:35 pm

Bean, our entire forum has a new server and has been offline on and off almost everyday for a few weeks while being transferred to the new server. We hope the move will be completed soon and that members will enjoy the forum with a new update.

I am a new administrator and have been cleaning old topics because many items have changed. For example, a new format for links to the NDE experiences means links in old topics are often broken. I hope you will get more responses in this topic.

Sylvie wrote:

Hi Hoke 74 , my name is Sylvie : I understand how you feel, I felt like that at a time in my life here in France the subject is still taboo and it still happens that people who say they have experienced an NDE are sent to a psychiatric hospital. However, what I have experienced has always been strong and constant, as an inescapable truth. It's part of me, it's me! I learned to take the risk of sharing it with people I liked, not all of them were receptive, but I was never rejected. Moreover, it has had the merit of making these people think and helping them to open up, to be more tolerant. I think it's a beautiful thing. If you wish, here is my NDE ‘s référence on the site and of course I am ready to discuss yours and how you feel about it. (I lived my NDE 40 years ago): 3280 Sylvie A NDE 7235🌸

Sylvie A NDE

Vicky
Near Death Experiencer

Re: I just joined but apparently no one comes here anymore? Comment by new member Bean moved to correct area for respons

Post by Vicky » Thu May 09, 2019 4:08 pm

gravitonring wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:14 pm
Bean wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:21 am
I just joined but apparently no one comes here anymore? Anyways, I’ve never had an out of body experience or NDE but I know of people who have and 100% believe they happen. I was hoping this site was active.
Hi Bean,

Hi and welcome. I think it's wonderful that you're seeking out a place for talking about OBEs and NDEs when you yourself haven't experienced them. Have you always had an interest or is there a reason why you're interested in them? Have you tried to have an OBE?

It's my belief that we all have OBEs but that we don't remember them very often. That may sound surprising but I really do believe it. I think it's our natural state to have them actually. I am speaking from my own experience of course. I've had OBEs all my life, from the age of 2 months old. I've also always known I had psychic ability. I'm not one of those people who says "I was born with a gift". I really dislike when people come off as being special in that way because I think we all have gifts and abilities, but it's a matter of opening up your awareness to them.

One suggestion I give people who say they wish they could have an OBE is to tell them to change their belief and understanding about OBEs. You are already having them, so once you realize that then the next thing to do is tell yourself that you want to start being aware of them. Once you change your thinking and programming, you open yourself up for wider awareness.

If you have any experiences at all that you want to share and talk about I'd love to hear them. I love helping people become aware of what their experiences really are. For instance, people often say they had a dream about their dead father, and then say "Too bad it was just a dream". That's a whole topic in itself right there! What we experience and how we experience is a matter of perception, not a matter of reality.

Bean

Re: I just joined but apparently no one comes here anymore? Comment by new member Bean moved to correct area for respons

Post by Bean » Sun May 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Thanks!

I’m pretty sure I haven’t had an OBE. Unless you count dreams :) I’m not sure if I’d want to try to have one on purpose.

I just find that the experiences of people’s OBEs confirm the existence of God (heaven), earth and hell. And they’re inspirational. I really enjoy reading testimonies of the grand scheme of things.

Giulia
Administrator

Post by Giulia » Mon May 20, 2019 12:37 am

Good morning, Bean and welcome.

We have been experiencing technical problems lately which have made it impossible for me to notify members that we were having a problem in the first place and that we apologized for the inconvenience.

You might wish to browse through the forum using our search function for the posts which mention out-of-body experiences. I personally feel that an out-of-body experience is like having a dream in which you are fully aware of dreaming and taking that awareness to a further stage where your mind is fully awake while your body is asleep.

This is one of the ways that have allowed me to keep in touch with my loved ones after death and here is a link to a couple of experience I have had: Giulia's Story.

However, I have come to the conclusion that having lucid dreams (dreams in which you are aware that you are dreaming) is much more pleasant, and can offer the very same results. There are plenty of resources about learning to become aware that you are dreaming, such as books that teach you how to do it. Stephen Laberge has conducted several experiments on lucid dreaming, even though the very first proof about the ability of the mind to be aware of dreaming did not come from him, but from the British psychologist, Dr Keith Hearne from Hull University in 1975.

Here is a quote from an article that addresses the topic:

How a Scientific Experiment Proved That Lucid Dreaming Exists
Lucid dreaming is about becoming conscious in your dreams. The common preconception is that when asleep or dreaming the unconscious mind is in charge and we are never conscious. A few decades ago scientists dismissed the idea of conscious sleep and dreaming despite people reporting having conscious dreams. At that time lucid dreaming researchers were striving to design an experiment that would prove lucid dreaming.

Proof came from Hull University in 1975. Psychologist Dr Keith Hearne knew that the subjective testimonies of lucid dreamers could not serve as proof of lucid dreaming. The psychologist was looking for a way to receive a signal from the lucid dreamer while still dreaming. If he could get some type of signal or measurement from the dreamer he could prove that lucid dreaming is real.

During dreaming unlike other parts of the body, the eyes are not paralysed. Dreaming happens during the REM (Rapid-Eye-Movement) state. Dr Hearne, thought that maybe the lucid dreamer while asleep can “signal” using his eyes to confirm that he is conscious. The scientist and subject lucid dreamer agreed on a set of eye movements that would be used by the dreamer to signal that he is conscious in his dreamer and basically send a “message” from the dream-world to our awake-reality. The signal was seven or eight right to left eye movement. Basic eye-tracking equipment would record and plot they eye movements on paper.

The experiment was successful. With equipment readings confirming that the subject was asleep and in the REM state the lucid dreamer was able to become conscious in his dream and perform the sequence of agreed eye movements. Initially the plotter was plotting random lines as the eyes moved randomly during REM sleep. Suddenly, the agreed and deliberate eye movements in the form of large zig-zag movements.out of the randomness, the requested, deliberate, sequence of large zig-zag movements. Once awake, the subject was able to describe how he became conscious in his dream and and made the signals before continuing with his lucid dream experience. These were the first ever signals communicated from within a lucid dream.
So, even though we owe a lot to Stephen Laberge for carrying on the research and making tools available for people who wished to learn to have a lucid dream, it was thanks to Dr Keith Hearne that the discovery was made in the first place.

Even though I experience both OBEs and lucid dreams, I find a lucid dream is a much more pleasant experience, as your mind is not fully awake and does not get in the way with all its earthly filters.

As to the lack of activity on this forum, this is probably due to the fact that people now prefer Facebook and similar means of communication. We have done our very best to keep this forum alive over the years, but if this does not work, you might wish to also check the

Near Death Experiences Facebook Group
Hello from Italy - YouTube Channel - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience