Hello my name is Sylvie

Post your introduction and Tell us a little something about yourself
Sylvie
Near Death Experiencer

Hello my name is Sylvie

Post by Sylvie » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:42 am

Hello my name is Sylvie , I had my NDE experience in 1979 I was seventeen and it was a suicide attempt : My family situation was not happy. At the divorce of my parents, I suffered a lot with them constantly reporting their grievances to me. I didn't exist anymore. Then my father abused me, and to survive this I took refuge in denial. My mother constantly charged me for the fact that I wanted to live with my father and his second wife. My mother neglected me, beat me when I was younger, and, as an adolescent, she left me in dangerous situations. Moreover, even though I was a good pupil and my professors tried to help me, my mother was against it. I started to make myself suffer. I was anorexic for several months.

I saw my future like a black tunnel, and I had absolutely no taste for life anymore. It happened in August 1979 I was seventeen; I decided to suicide. I swallowed tablets and bleach, and I knew that nobody would find me for several hours. When my sister found me, the family doctor didn't want to intervene according to my mother. When the ambulance arrived, the paramedic said to my mother that I would not reach the hospital in time.

At that moment, I was already out of my body. When the ambulance arrived, the paramedic said to my mother that I would not reach the hospital in time.
. Then I found myself in a luminous and soft place. White figures talked gently to me, and they told me a lot of things about myself. I didn't remember anything afterwards. The thing I remember is that I wanted to stay, and that they told me that it was not the moment. To help me decide, they showed me the interior of the ambulance. I heard the paramedic tell my mother that I would not make it to the hospital, and I saw her crying sincerely.

I woke up several days later at the hospital, drugged. They made me go home. The doctors required my mother to take care of me telling her that she should not leave me alone and should bring me for consultation to the psychiatric hospital. During all the days following this, I just wanted to dress in white. When I went to consult a psychiatrist, he told me after the last session that it was not me having a problem.

I’ve discovered nderf.org in 2014 and deposits my statement , then after I never come back I was just relieved because I found a place to share it , I didn’t expect any answer or any contact . few days ago I came back , the site has evolved ; I proposed myself to translate experiences in french. Here I am . So many things had happened in my life since I’m a child , I found that I have quite a lot in common with everybody on this site . So hello !!!

dreamer
Registered Member

Re: Hello my name is Sylvie

Post by dreamer » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:32 am

Hello Sylvie!!!

Great 'experience'!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Garry
Administrator

Post by Garry » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:29 am

Hello Sylvie

Glad you found us as we are a forum and a subset of the Original NDERF.org. We run under the umbrella of the main sit and I am sure Jody would love to have you translate stories for the site.

Feel free to make yourself at home here and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Garry

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

ZenTzu
Registered Member

Post by ZenTzu » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:25 am

Greetings Sylvie et bienvenue :)
What is a Shih Tzu? "A dash of Lion, several teaspoons of Rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of Beggar,
a tablespoon of Monkey, one part Baby Seal, and a dash of Teddy Bear."
~ James E. Mumford

ano1
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:14 pm

Welcome, Sylvie
Thanks, for sharing your story. I had my experience at nearly the same age, also in the seventies.
ano

Giulia
Administrator

Post by Giulia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:51 am

Welcome, Sylvie. It is a pleasure to have you here. Thank you ever so much for sharing your story and for your kind availability to translate NDE accounts into French.

Do make yourself at home and, if you have any questions, just ask :)
Hello from Italy - YouTube Channel - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience

Marguy
Administrator

Post by Marguy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:01 am

Hi Sylvie,
Welcome at the forum. Hope you will find many friends.
Have a nice day.
Marguy

Sylvie
Near Death Experiencer

Post by Sylvie » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:21 am

Hello ZenTzu, Ano1, Garry, Giulia and Marguy ; thank you so much for your warm welcome I hope to be helpful and contribute the best I can . 🌸

ZenTzu
Registered Member

Post by ZenTzu » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:42 pm

Bon jour Sylvie. Nice to hear from you again :)
What is a Shih Tzu? "A dash of Lion, several teaspoons of Rabbit, a couple ounces of old Chinese men, a bit of Beggar,
a tablespoon of Monkey, one part Baby Seal, and a dash of Teddy Bear."
~ James E. Mumford

Garry
Administrator

Post by Garry » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:56 pm

Sylvie wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:21 am
Hello ZenTzu, Ano1, Garry, Giulia and Marguy ; thank you so much for your warm welcome I hope to be helpful and contribute the best I can. 🌸
Hello Sylvie

Garry Here. regarding what you said " I hope to be helpful and contribute the best I can. "

I see that you have an Avatar already installed. Can you explain ( in writing ) how you did that so I can post it for others to see? I have been meaning to do it but just don't get around to it and then I forget to do it . and then I saw your's and it reminded me again. and I thought maybe you have the ability to write a description of how to do it, so I will ask you.

Garry

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

Sylvie
Near Death Experiencer

how I post my avatar

Post by Sylvie » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:46 am

Hi Gary I’m working with an I Mac so here are the two solutions I found to be able to post photos and my avatar :
1/ In iPhoto, open the photo you want to compress.
Go to File and then Export. Otherwise, you can press Shift + Cmd + E at the same time. ...
Select the option Image size not exceeding. ...
Choose a location. ...
Retrieve the reduced image file and use it as you please.

2/ I also used another trick a little more complicated but really effective ( i saved my time) to post several photos (in my post something to share with love on the 2/5/2019 in the catch all forum) I changed my photos in pdf that is to say that I inserted them on a blank document that I sent to myself; then I retrieved it in downloads and opened with preview, I went to the tab: presentation and I went down to reduce, and I put the reduced photo in my albums on my computer and so I was able to download it on the nderf website.
3/ another thing Gary I tried to contact you two weeks ago by sending to you an email via your avatar but didn’t received your answer so I do it again here thank you for your answer ( I guess something went wrong) : Hi Garry my name is Sylvie, ( I’m French) after filing my NDE testimony on the site in 2014, I started doing French translations this year. A few weeks ago I shared with Jody an idea and she encouraged me to make it happen. Jody answered :
« I  like your idea!  We could put it on nderf.me under the theater of life.  I don't have time to organize or monitor it, but if you wish to do it - we could try it. »

So I proposed to my friend Marguy to participate with me (she agrees, she is in ).
Marguy advised me to contact you via your Avatar on 'nderf.me'. And tell you that I contacted her for this and that she is with me and that Jody also agrees, to explain to you the project, and exactly what i think about it and to ask you in what way we can proceed to have the result discounted ie (a more permanent and visual section).

Here is the detail, with the introductory text of this "heading" which could be called. "what can we do together? "
I thank you for telling me what you think about that and what you can do and how to implement it. As I explained to Marguy I think (if it works and there are messages) to publish a post every week). Of course if it does not work at all the heading will disappear.

Then here is the idea that inspired me: a banner or a page dedicated to healing .  I know that many people who have lived an NDE are like me and pray or meditate every day to get in touch with the light and be channels of light and love for the greater good of all, the planet, humanity. 
I always thought we are connected because our experience and this is beyond any religion, cultural or racial or ethnic origin.
 Would not it be a good thing to create a space to which we could orient our prayers / meditations intentions? as you do in the USA with prayer goups.
 This one, the group of nderf.org would be international, it would be the one of the NDE experiencers and other people who testify on the site. There would be a theme each year: love, peace, environment, child protection etc ...., but also requests for sick or dying people, or situations such as cyclones, floods, tremors earth when they occur everywhere on the planet.

And here is the introductory message:
Hi everybody, we all had an  «  Experience » we all felt that immense love and this beneficent light. We are all back with the certainty of having a mission, many of us feel connected to others and want to be in touch with others who have had an NDE or OBE.
We are from all countries, all cultures and all beliefs or religions.
Together we can be channels for this love and this light to help our loved ones, our countries, the living beings, the humanity ...
on this page we propose you common themes towards which to direct your, meditations, prayers, positive thoughts ; we propose you a great theme per year: peace, love, forgiveness, child protection .... a monthly theme concerning environmental events that may require the contribution of this positive force: floods, fires, storms , earthquake...
To this we will add your special requests for such or such person who would need help to be guided to the light, or spiritual help to heal.
Each week a post will summarize the "targets" to which to direct our prayers, meditations and intentions.
Together we can do a lot for those we love, those we know, those we do not know, to help the humanity of which we are part to evolve.
We are waiting for your suggestions and requests for this project which is an opportunity to create a stronger connection between us all.

Maybe by participating in this group, things will happen in connection with our connection; you can share them here it will definitely be rewarding for all of us.

This year we propose that our meditations, thoughts, intentions and prayers are directed towards the protection of children.

your ideas and suggestions are welcome. Please, when you propose a request for: meditation, prayer, healing ... remember to specify the first name as well as that of the city and the country of the person or persons concerned.

Garry
Administrator

Post by Garry » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:48 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me and you already have MarGuy and the Boss, Jody on board so I am going to run it by the other Admins just to get their input and if they are ok with it then I will set it up.

I work in the back end of the forum keeping it running and such and due to a misunderstanding of the way I speak I assume you can understand why I don't post much or get involved.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

Giulia
Administrator

What can we do together?

Post by Giulia » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:43 am

Sylvie wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:46 am
A few weeks ago I shared with Jody an idea and she encouraged me to make it happen. Jody answered: «I  like your idea!  We could put it on nderf.me under the theater of life.  I don't have time to organize or monitor it, but if you wish to do it - we could try it.»

[...]

So I proposed to my friend Marguy to participate with me (she agrees, she is in ).

[...]

Here is the detail, with the introductory text of this "heading" which could be called: "what can we do together? "
I thank you for telling me what you think about that and what you can do and how to implement it. As I explained to Marguy I think (if it works and there are messages) to publish a post every week). Of course if it does not work at all the heading will disappear.

Then here is the idea that inspired me: a banner or a page dedicated to healing.

I know that many people who have lived an NDE are like me and pray or meditate every day to get in touch with the light and be channels of light and love for the greater good of all, the planet, humanity. 

I always thought we are connected because of our experience and this is beyond any religion, cultural or racial or ethnic origin.

Would not it be a good thing to create a space to which we could orient our prayers/meditations intentions? as you do in the USA with prayer groups.

This one, the group of nderf.org would be international, it would be the one of the NDE experiencers and other people who testify on the site. There would be a theme each year: love, peace, environment, child protection etc ...., but also requests for sick or dying people, or situations such as cyclones, floods, tremors earth when they occur everywhere on the planet.

And here is the introductory message:
Hi everybody, we all had an « Experience» we all felt that immense love and this beneficent light. We are all back with the certainty of having a mission, many of us feel connected to others and want to be in touch with others who have had an NDE or OBE.

We are from all countries, all cultures and all beliefs or religions.

Together we can be channels for this love and this light to help our loved ones, our countries, the living beings, humanity ... on this page we propose you common themes towards which to direct your meditations, prayers, positive thoughts; we propose you

- a great theme per year: peace, love, forgiveness, child protection
- a monthly theme concerning environmental events that may require the contribution of this positive force: floods, fires, storms, earthquake...
- To this, we will add your special requests for such or such person who would need help to be guided to the light, or spiritual help to heal. Each week a post will summarize the "targets" to which to direct our prayers, meditations and intentions.

Together we can do a lot for those we love, those we know, those we do not know, to help the humanity of which we are part to evolve.

We are waiting for your suggestions and requests for this project which is an opportunity to create a stronger connection between us all.

Maybe by participating in this group, things will happen in connection with our connection; you can share them here it will definitely be rewarding for all of us.

This year we propose that our meditations, thoughts, intentions and prayers are directed towards the protection of children.

Your ideas and suggestions are welcome. Please, when you propose a request for: meditation, prayer, healing ... remember to specify the first name as well as that of the city and the country of the person or persons concerned.
Dear Sylvie,

Thanks for proposing this. I have tried to split the message into shorter parts so that I could better understand what you are suggesting.

Are you suggesting we create a sub-forum dedicated to Healing - What can we do together? under The Theater of Life with yearly, monthly and weekly goals? And also ask for participants to provide feedback about the outcome of focussed prayer, meditation, positive thoughts?

If that is what you are suggesting, I only have one concern, and that is the privacy of individual people, especially when related to the idea that an individual may "need help to be guided to the light".

Did I get your message right? What are your thoughts?
Hello from Italy - YouTube Channel - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience

Sylvie
Near Death Experiencer

What can we do together for Giulia

Post by Sylvie » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:26 am

Dear Giulia thank you for your answer , yes you got it :) and I well understand your concern but I think the full name is not needed you know, We can do like people are usualy doing in this kind of healing group : they just say « today we are sending our thoughts to : Peter from Paris who needs us ! »! Something like that . do you think this is too much ? or maybe we can propose just to write the initials and the town: P A Paris is more anonymous. I don’t even know if it will interest the people who come on the forum, but some are already interested Jody include. The goal is to create a multi-cultural and international healing group of prayer/meditation.

Giulia
Administrator

Post by Giulia » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:52 am

Dear Sylvie,

Thanks for explaining this. I now understand that what you and Marguy are suggesting is a forum like The Theater of Life and not a sub-forum, such as for instance The Serious Cafe.

Since I am not a native English speaker, I feel the important thing is that, whatever we do, it is properly worded, in line with our mission statement and in compliance with GDPR (privacy regulations). One of the key aspects near-death experiencers report is the non-judgemental atmosphere they find on the other side. If there is a life review, the experiencer usually says it is us who see and eventually judge our lives from a much deeper perspective. It would be nice if, in the event that individual requests are made, these came from the person in need of healing.

It would also be nice if there were more activity on this message board, but I guess everybody is very busy at the moment. Maybe this Healing - What we can do forum will attract more visitors.

Maybe we could start by asking experiencers to offer their thoughts about healing or quote significant sentences/passages from NDE accounts to explain the amazing power of healing and positive thoughts. Since you and Marguy are both involved in translating NDE accounts, maybe you already have some passages in mind.

Sylvie
Near Death Experiencer

Post by Sylvie » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:24 pm

Dear Giulia you are so right , and I just received Gary’s answer we have the space create just beneath the « front desk «  and as you suggest it I think that will be nice if you would want to post your thoughts about quote significant sentences/ passages from NDE accounts to explain the amazing power of,healing and positive thoughts . This will be a very good start !