Christians are under siege across the world

If your not sure where to post it, Then Stick it in here and maybe we will move it somewhere

And maybe we won't either
Garry
Administrator

Post by Garry » Wed May 08, 2019 5:43 am

Somewhere in the Bible, it is stated that " The East shall rise against the West " or something similar to that
Matthew 24:7

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

MikeP
Registered Member

Re: Christians are under siege across the world

Post by MikeP » Thu May 09, 2019 1:46 pm

For one, in the light of the conviction and belief we share that mind and consciousness exist apart from the brain I believe we should be careful in determining what is caused or influenced by our DNA. The materialist science community seems to me to tend to jump to genetics as causes to our behavior. Like I've heard references to the "evil Gene". Granted, DNA exists and it does a lot of things. But right now, I'm seeing a potential trap in blaming bad behavior on genes rather than on people. Scriptures and religions always say we are responsible for our thoughts and our actions.

The other thing that's on my mind is an NDEr I've spoken to who asked Jesus and his angels many questions on the Other Side. He asked them what the worst thing one can do is. They told him that the worst thing one can do is promote hatred in God's name. And we all know that religous terrorism is an extremely serious thing. I'm sure most Muslims we're just as horrified by 9/11 as the rest of us.

gravitonring
Administrator

Post by gravitonring » Thu May 09, 2019 2:00 pm

MikeP wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:46 pm
Granted, DNA exists and it does a lot of things.
MikeP, this is really the major challenge to my own ideas about life. I am sure that the human experience is a complete illusion caused by the brain's sincere attempt to portray the true reality.

It is my devotion to scientific method and its interpretation by scientific philosophy such as Einstein's 99.99 percent accuracy in many of his ideas that make me question my own philosophy ??

Giulia
Administrator

Post by Giulia » Fri May 10, 2019 12:48 am

MikeP wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 1:46 pm
The other thing that's on my mind is an NDEr I've spoken to who asked Jesus and his angels many questions on the Other Side. He asked them what the worst thing one can do is. They told him that the worst thing one can do is promote hatred in God's name. And we all know that religous terrorism is an extremely serious thing. I'm sure most Muslims we're just as horrified by 9/11 as the rest of us.
Thanks for this precious reminder, Mike. Being the sort of person I am, who cannot stand man-made lectures in the name of Jesus and any form of fear-based approach, I forced myself to volunteer as a Sunday-School teacher for nine years in order to supervise the information that might be conveyed to my son and his school friends during those years. I listened to and filtered lots and lots of fear-based and man-made lectures to protect these children.

First-hand experiences are precious in reminding us about the essence of things. Here is why I am so attracted to near-death experiences 😊
Hello from Italy - YouTube Channel - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience

Sylvie
Near Death Experiencer

Post by Sylvie » Sat May 11, 2019 3:54 am

Because it is a subject that concerns us, it is a question that we ask to beings of light: why can the human being be so cruel, destructive? Why are there wars? The answer every time is this: to help humanity evolve. I recommend Robert Schwartz's book Your Soul's Gift: The Healing Power of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born. We choose our life path, and sometimes even choose to be a bad person in order to help another soul to evolve and understand a life lesson. When we look at the history of humanity, we realize that the same things happen again, but also that each time the Human Being has taken an additional step towards. We have become more aware of the need to defend the rights of human beings, women and children. We have understood the importance of education. We are in the process of understanding the need to defend our planet. All this
because there are people whose souls have not evolved who continue to exploit others, to privilege money over life...... the more we awaken and wish this to change, the more we help these souls to evolve and the more we change the fate of humanity. And I conclude by saying in this regard that I greet ( who am not a believer) the immense courage and determination of Pope Francis who, through his action to denounce sexual abuse within the Catholic Church, is changing the whole of humanity. Thanks to him, other religions will also have to do the same, then it will impact all of them, societies... hoping to have made a useful contribution on this subject 🌸