Floating golden sparks?

If your not sure where to post it, Then Stick it in here and maybe we will move it somewhere

And maybe we won't either
blue102
test

Floating golden sparks?

Post by blue102 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:15 am

I am not sure why I never thought to ask this question here before, but here goes!

Last year I decided to get a bikini wax. I was lying on the table in a really awkward position talking to the lady who was doing the wax. I was looking upwards to the ceiling. Suddenly I noticed hundreds or thousands of little golden sparks floating and zipping around near the light. It wasn't the white spots you see when you go outside and look at the sky. These were tiny golden lights just flying around everywhere. They were bright, much like sparks from a sparkler firework. They continued to be visible until I got off the table. I just laid there and watched these lights the whole time. I have never seen anything like that before or since.

My daughter (age 11) says she has seen something like that at night while laying in bed. Golden tiny lights flying around above her.

What is this phenomenon?

If they are spirits, I find it funny that they would congregate in a room where someone is getting a bikini wax. :?

Giulia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Floating golden sparks?

Post by Giulia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:32 am

That's interesting, blue. I would expect that any type of waxing causes pain, doesn't it? And we have a saying in Italian for people who feel usually brief physical pain that goes 'vedere le stelle' which literally means 'see stars'. I see there is an English equivalent, especially when getting hit on the head. I now assume there is a literal reason for this phrase ;)

I also expect that a lying position with eyes rolled upward would explain the phenomenon.

In his book Medition for Lucid Dreaming Jamie Alexander says:
When you look into the back of your eyelids you're not staring at a giant black wall. There is no permanent structure a few inches away from your face. First you need to imagine there is a vast open space in front of you. It's like you're staring out into the abyss. There is depth, so the blackness is certainly not flat or solid. You can even imagine you're looking into the sky at night because it goes on forever.

There is also a lot of static in your field of vision that looks like stars. It almost looks like small specs of snow, and although not as bright as a real while snowflake they're obvious to spot once your awareness is fully focused on them. It won't take you as long to see the white spots as it will for the hypnagogic imagery to appear, but they're still not going to show up automatically unless you're aware, tired, or relaxed.
I dont' want this quote to be a spoiler, so I will leave it here. However I think Alexander is on to something when he describes this. I would expect that what happens with eyes shut has its own equivalent with eyes open.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience

blue102
test

Re: Floating golden sparks?

Post by blue102 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi Giulia, thanks for the reply! I understand about the "snow" or "static" looking stuff which you can see everywhere, but this was not that. It was really like little golden lights flying around near the ceiling. Like the sparks that come off a sparkler firework. They looked similar to that. It may have been something to do with pain, or low blood pressure. I'm not sure. Although I have to say, it didn't seem like that. It seemed like something else. Anyway, I always love your insightful replies! Thanks.

It looked similar to this, except the particles were flying in various directions and not just downward:
https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip ... /2570813:1