Unusual abilities- why?

If your not sure where to post it, Then Stick it in here and maybe we will move it somewhere

And maybe we won't either
blue102
test

Unusual abilities- why?

Post by blue102 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:02 pm

Why do you suppose some people (for example, we here on this forum, and those who have had NDEs) seem to have more unusual and enlightening experiences than other people?

I've spoken with others about my experiences, which include OBEs, ADCs, a few psychic abilities, and unmistakable signs I come across on an almost daily basis. Most others can't relate at all. Some people have said they also have ADCs or occasional signs. I'm not sure why we do and they don't? Maybe all people have these abilities, but most are just blind to it?

blue102
test

Re: Unusual abilities- why?

Post by blue102 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:22 pm

Adding: So that you don't think I'm crazy, I'll give examples of "signs".

1. A few months ago, I thought I might have gotten pregnant and my husband and I were a little nervous about it. I said jokingly, "We can name it OOPS." Not an hour later, we were at a home décor store, and there was a decorative sign on a shelf. It said, "Better an OOPS than a WHAT IF."

2. This morning I was out running and thinking very deeply about gratitude, and wondering if I had gotten too obsessed with my bucket list (a list of things you want to accomplish before you die.) I've been spending a lot of time lately adding items to my bucket list and feeling unsatisfied with my life as it is. When I got home, I opened up a cookbook by Ian K. Smith and immediately landed on a page. There was an essay entitled "Appreciate" and I quote here: "Whether it's trying to make a certain amount of money in a year, making the roster of a sporting team, purchasing a particular type of car, or crossing items off your bucket list, we are constantly in search of the next accomplishment." If it were just something about gratitude, then yeah, coincidence, but the bucket list thing? WAYYYYY too synchronistic.

3. Some time ago I was at the gym working out. As I was leaving, I saw a man sitting down and he was very sad. He smiled, but I could feel his sadness. I just knew he was very, very upset about something and I felt compassion for him. Then I got in my car and began to drive home. For some unknown reason, I turned down a street I never go down, still thinking about that man-- and there was the biggest double rainbow in the sky immediately in front of me. I had not seen it till that moment.

This stuff happens to me ALL THE TIME y'all. My husband doesn't understand why things like that don't happen to him. And it's not because I'm special or super nice or anything, because I'm NOT!!!

So, anyway, just wanted to ask you guys, because you all seem to be in the same boat....

Giulia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Giulia » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:49 am

blue102 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:22 pm
So, anyway, just wanted to ask you guys, because you all seem to be in the same boat....
And it can be a rocky journey too :P

Your Ooops, gratitude/bucket and rainbow examples are great, Blue! I also think there is a reason for having one person in a couple who appreciates these synchornicities, STEs, etc., and one who is there to ground the other by being more inclined to rationalising everything. If it were not that way, we could get into trouble on this physical plane, could we not? ;)
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:03 pm

I think it is just a little gift we get to enjoy.

dreamer
test

Post by dreamer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:30 pm

I have had 'intuitive/spiritual/psychic' experiences all my life including being protected to helping me in school and also score in the top 3% in the world on a certain test. Initially, I believed it was because I was raised 'super religious' and expected to be blessed. However, eventually, I 'studied' the various type of 'things' I was experiencing including remote viewing, mediumship, channel, etc. etc., and definitely still believe we are 'blessed' but all have the abilities if we 'seek them and practice'. Many people just don't recognize them and, in fact, believe others would think they are 'crazy' so they don't only not try to use them ------- they avoid them. Even people with 'experiences' seem content, to just let them come. The result is many do not have any desire to use them anyway and also lack significant 'faith' in using this help. However, I believe all 'mortals' are 'provided divine help' whether we recognize it or not.

I have met a few others with these 'experiences' and there is an immediate bond, even though, we have totally different belief systems in general. And that is the rub, I try to tell them to use their 'gifts' to get more truth but most, because they don't use their gift to identify truth, they are perfectly 'satisfied' with their unverified 'beliefs'. I believe the 'study' of these 'experiences' and processes to get them more frequently have 'opened' me to a lot of truth. Truth is the reason I sought any special 'gift' anyway. I have met few others if any 'seeking truth' most just want to continue to receive the help which they have 'experienced' in the past. They seem to be 'afraid' to push for more as they may get a lot less. Everyone is different!

I have found there are times to use this and times not to. I once attempted to make daily stock market calls using 'tools', however, I got a strong impression that was not a a good use of this 'gift' ------- even though I significantly beat the odds in my tracked attempts. However, I have used this gift to make a 'great investment' decision (thousands involved), but it was not a routine request. I have also used the 'gift' to win training valued at thousands of dollars ------ I don't think the dollar value was important here but my 'need for the training'. The use of this 'gift', once in awhile to benefit one 'materially' seemed very 'right' to me when I attempted it!

In my studies of remote viewing (one of many psychic tools to get information) which was used by the US and foreign governments, the CIA put out a report claiming these type of things (psychic, intuitive, etc.) are 'real' and work ------ but no one is claiming 100% accuracy. These people have even have had 'spirit encounters' when using remote viewing and have remote viewed Jesus Christ, Moses, death, etc. etc. but again they are hitting around a 50-80% accuracy rate when working in teams. They developed training and train their own viewers.

blue102
test

Post by blue102 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:42 am

Love the replies. Another "sign" today. I'm sitting here at the car repair place and a book is lying on the table. It's a book about a subject which I have been personally dealing with for a few years, and there is a bookmark in it. I opened it up, and a phrase is highlighted which is very personally relevant to me. The guy working here says "that book has been here for weeks, take it." This is the second time I've found a book abandoned in a public waiting room with a personal message in it for me 😳

blue102
test

Post by blue102 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:20 pm

dreamer wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:30 pm
I have found there are times to use this and times not to. I once attempted to make daily stock market calls using 'tools', however, I got a strong impression that was not a a good use of this 'gift' ------- even though I significantly beat the odds in my tracked attempts. However, I have used this gift to make a 'great investment' decision (thousands involved), but it was not a routine request. I have also used the 'gift' to win training valued at thousands of dollars ------ I don't think the dollar value was important here but my 'need for the training'. The use of this 'gift', once in awhile to benefit one 'materially' seemed very 'right' to me when I attempted it!
It would seem wrong to use the gift to benefit yourself, BUT if you have this tool at your disposal to make decisions, then it would be difficult not to use it. Right? For example, it would be as if driving down a road with your eyes closed because you wouldn't want to use your sense of vision to benefit yourself. That would just be foolish. Now, if you used your eyes to make a decision that would benefit you, but also harm another person, would be very wrong. Am I making sense? So I think it wouldn't be wrong to listen to your gut about which decisions are right for you, but if one gifted with a deeper knowledge or feelings about things, then one should use the gift to not only benefit oneself but also others.

When gambling, or competing, or things like that where others are involved, though, I feel it would be wrong to use the "gift" if others are not also able to use it to their advantage. That would be cheating.

Also I feel that psychics shouldn't use their gift to make a living and charge others for readings. That seems to me to be unethical. It seems like taking advantage of a God-given gift for their own gain. That's just my opinion though and I wouldn't judge anyone who does that.

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:51 pm

There have been times in my life when visions, etc. came too frequently and caused me to feel too distracted. I asked for less and got what I asked for. Then, I missed them. But, it was very difficult to live with so much going on all the time. It made my life chaotic. I really disliked crowds...too much going on.
Nowadays, people are better about accepting some of these things but are still very skeptical. It can be tough to hide the abilities. I can remember people asking, "How do you know that?" Or, similar questions. How do you explain...'I just do.'