Greetings from the Mid-west US...

Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
quivara
test

Greetings from the Mid-west US...

Post by quivara » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:17 pm

Hello! I've followed Dr. Moody's work since the late '70s as well as that of the other great NDE researchers/experiencers. Have followed IANDS but didn't know about your group until now. :( Have not had an NDE myself (just mystical/NDE like experiences) and I got some questions for you all.

1. Did it feel as if your soul was slipping out through your fingers and toes too?

2. Did you feel any intense pressure coming from within the high center of your forehead in your passing or reaching the "Divine"?

3. Do many of you have continuous trouble fitting back into the "real world" afterwards? (E.g. others seem like "aliens" and one must be silent or "tip toe" in speech when communicating with them. Or, what others deem important you just don't understand.)

4. Would my few "mystical" type of OBEs be of interest, or importance, to you?

5. Can extreme emotional trauma be a trigger for such NDE-like experiences?

I'm trying to understand my experiences, although I have not technically died nor been near death. Still, often it has felt like it as per my questions above. Thanks, Quivara

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from the Mid-west US...

Post by Garry » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:47 pm

Well as an Administrator here I also have not had an NDE , just a OBE .

We would welcome your posting as that is what this forum is all about

Giving people the chance to post what they want to share and asking question and gaining knowledge

ther is also an OBE website that runs in conjunction with the main site NDERF.org

The website for OBE is OBERF.org

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:33 am

No, no, yes, yes, I think so. :D

Fitting back into this earthly environment was very difficult for me, sometimes it still is. But, my experience was many years ago and over that time, I have learned to assimilate back enough to manage living in the confines of this place. With that said, I will never be fully back here. That is just not possible. The materialism of our culture is so foreign to my changed sensibilities. I sometimes want to scream...none of this matters! Love is what matters!

quivara
test

Post by quivara » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Thanks, anon1. I've wondered why I don't fit in with others after the few STE/OBE experiences I've had. I wonder if at times the afterlife realm spills over into consensus reality. My dearest friend was an NDEr. I could relate to him. Time spent alone in nature with him came to be entering those realms. I don't think he ever truly lost his experience (gassed in WWI). He sort of lived in it in this world & at times could share it in experiencing nature w/others who were sensitive and seeking enlightenment. I didn't learn of his NDE untill after he died at age 93 in 1988. His son confirmed it to me. His medicos had told him he wouldn't make it past age 35 but he was good until a few days before his final death. He attributed his healing to being in nature. Being with him healed my soul many a time.

Hope such experience can be brought closer to the living so we can grab onto what truly is important. I think I'll share his story.

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:47 pm

Quivara,
Please do share his story.

I have an elderly neighbor who escaped nazi Germany. She is very guarded, but will at times talk openly about her experiences. Very enlightening.

quivara
test

Post by quivara » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:30 am

Well, my dear friend was named Emiel Christensen, he became an architect emeritus but never had the chance to finish high school since he had to work on his family farm near an Indian reservation here. Emiel told me he played and ran with the young natives and learned their ways of medicine plants and "reading nature". He volunteered young to enter WWI, thinking it was right and a duty. He was assigned to some British troops and ended up at Verdun, where he was gassed and then later Chateau Thierry where he also was gassed. The gassing was so horrible most men died. Emiel said he was laid upside down on a plank for weeks to cough up blood and that the docs didn't expect him to make it or live long thereafter. One doc told him if he hadn't been a runner in his youth, he wouldn't have had the lung capacity to survive, He'd often show me somberly the medals he received and the photos he had of the war. Clearly, it was a traumatic, life changing experience. He'd never mentioned his NDE (that wasn't done then), but I sensed something special about him related to that war experience in the way he lived.

After the war he was in PTSD and had impluses to throw himself in front of trains and such. He was self-disciplined and survived this too. But his system was wrecked for life due to all he'd gone through.He married his sweetheart and began engineering and architectural training during the depression. Later she died young from cancer which set him back horribly. He said that war was so devastating he wanted to focus his life on helping mankind creatively. He often commented on the vast coordination of men and resources for such so destructive as war, that why couldn't humans cooperate with the same effort for peaceful purposes? Eventually he went on into community planning and became famed in the state for establishing the department of planning and the community improvement program throughout the state. He also spoke to many veterans groups about the ills of war and encouraged them to be cautious before backing new wars. He had a mission to help and improve mankind after his war experience.

In the '50s, he created a wild nature reserve of some 30 acres out of abused, overgrazed land. He and his family and friends worked at it every weekend for decades - planting thousands of trees, shrubs and other plants and creating trails and shelters. thousands of people came to enjoy it. It was in walks with him there that I sensed a, for a better word, a "shimmering" about him and the trees and plants when we hiked alone. With his cane, he would quietly note the different types of grasses and forbes we were walking over; he noted the changes in the soil types we passed; would point out something remarkable about certain trees; and , exclaim with joy over finding the rare prarie orchid. One felt deeply drawn into the mystery of nature when guided by him and it was as if the trees and plants acknowledged his admiration with a shimmering of their own. This was the realm of extreme peace I entered when being with him, it was as if his heaven was always around him and he could open it up for you if you just listened.

Despite his lack of degreed education, he was one of the most broadly knowledgeable and well-read persons I've ever known. Moreover, he had an intense curiousity about life. He had a vast library for a man of modest means - he never sought gaining wealth or fame. A few days before he died, he was still working at his acerage. A while after his death, I asked his son if Emiel had ever reported a NDE. Surprised, his son said yes, that in his youth, his father had mentioned sliding down a grey tunnel at the end of which was another soldier who greeted Emiel with a salute and said "Welcome, soldier". Well Emiel protested that he wasn't ready to die yet and came back. His son said he couldn't recall more of the NDE and that his Dad never spoke of it again. But, this revelation made final sense to me why Emiel was so different and wonderful. He came back with a clear mission to right the wrongs man was doing to himself and the planet.

Certainly, his life work was a profoundly positive impact on all the citizens of our state. He was one of the most admired and revered men around - very wise, but also charming and humble. He did not ascribe to organized religion, his church was in nature and he was the most spiritual man I've ever known. He gave me the capacity to always experience the shimmering of nature when I'm out alone and if am quietly observing and corresponding with nature. But this show such is available to all of us if we observe and listen closely. I miss him deeply and look forward to being with him again on the other side. There is a brief review of Emiel on Wikipedia. Thanks for asking about him. He was the greatest human I've ever known

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:02 pm

Thanks for sharing. I feel enlightened by it.

I don't see a shimmering with nature, but sometimes when I am outside, I feel as if trees, plants, flowers and wildlife seem to be speaking to me. There seems to be a connection, sort of reverent communication. My husband probably thinks I'm nuts, but I tell him that some of our smaller trees sort-of tell me how to trim them. Sounds crazy, I know.

Marguy
test

Post by Marguy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:10 pm

This is a wonderful story. Reminds me of a small experience I had outside in nature.
Was sitting in the sun, bees and flies were humming, I slipped in some sort of day dreaming. I must say that during some time before, I had wondered about what happened to our thoughts, as I was aware that they are some kind of energy, and as no energy is ever lost so I wondered where would they go once we have thought them. So I was sitting in the sunshine, and suddenly it was as if the sun had another shade of color, and then I 'knew' that thoughts will exist for ever, I felt that everything that existed was inter connected, that the whole Universe was 'One', similar to a huge being, and that nature and everything was part of a superior conscious. And I was filled with an extreme happiness and Joy. Then the sun took back its normal shade and I was amazed, wondering what happened. It was nothing big. The whole thing took only about half a minute or so. This happened some 15 or 16 years ago. I didn't give it very much importance at the time, but today I know it changed my view about nature and life. Only after reading many NDE's I realized that this experience resembled some accounts, when they say that they suddenly 'knew' things.

LifeReview
test

Post by LifeReview » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:30 pm

Marguy,
That's awesome!

quivara
test

Post by quivara » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Am glad some of you liked the NDE story of my dear, old, now fully dead (alive?) friend Emiel Christensen. Although I've only had what Jody terms STEs and some OBEs and have, thus, experienced some of this "shimmering" effect of nature before, it was only when I was alone with Emiel in nature that such an experience was near constant. I feel he carried much of his NDE realm experience within him, in a controlled manner, while remaining in this world but enabling others to cross over into his.

I'm no scientist, but have long wondered about how this can happen and be replicated. Dr. C. G. Jung, an NDEr, called such states the "numinous".There is the concept of "Higher Consciousness" at Wikipedia, others term it "Cosmic Consciousness" or "Christ Consciousness". Such seems to be an aspect of this too. I "feel" that perhaps these realms overlap or "bleed" into one another at times. Why, and what triggers this is unclear. Still, I do believe these higher states are important to cultivate while we are alive so that we do not miss creation and it's wonders. Marguy has reported of this too and some NDErs at www.near-death.com report of it as well. Such seems worthy to develop for an enhanced life.

Anon1 intuits tree desires. Science rather confirms this through Kirilan photography. Yes, I "know" that plants and all creation speak to us. If we are alone and still in it, unclutter our minds and carefully listen, it all can speak to us while we are in quiet sitting/waiting. It is more than just the "shimmering", it is in the wind, the voice of birds, bees, insects and the russel of leaves and the movements of the grass, not to mention clouds, lightening and thunder.

May we all aspire to these states while we are living. Thanks for your interest and input. Onward & upward!

Jem7
test

Post by Jem7 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:57 pm

Quivera

Check out Alex Grey the artist. He has a cool painting called Oversoul

quivara
test

Post by quivara » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:19 pm

Thanks. I wanted to know that name again. I saw a review of his work eons ago, but couldn't recall his name. Yes, he paints as I've rather experienced. It's excellent work. Would go a bit more for the soft smiling Boddhisatva radiance of the "shimmerings" I've felt rather than all the corpse-like people he does. Still, it's great expression of such states.

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:38 pm

I've just viewed Alex Grey's 'Oversoul' and many similar paintings. Technically excellent, but rather stark & cold!
CathyK

quivara
test

Post by quivara » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:15 pm

Yeah, I guess he's into cadavers & X-rays as he studied that & as per that that Chinese touring exhibit of the plastic dead - I abhorred that one. Still, I see his depiction of auras as wonderful and his multiple eyes as representative.

louie313
test

Post by louie313 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:23 pm

GREAT THANKS FOR SHARING..

quivara
test

Post by quivara » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:02 am

Greetings, fellow travelers -

For those of you who are but of the STE variety, you might be interested to learn of www.theicarusproject.net. When I had some of my such "experiences" others, the neurotypicals, thought me quite "odd" even "mad". This referenced site deals with aspects of "Shamanism" viz psychoisis - the later is commonly thought and needs to be "medicated"/"treated", they think. I'd rather preserve our uniqueness and serve the creation through my "visions'/"experiences". In a way, it feels as if the establishment wants to destroy us, make us all into automotons "Stepford Wives". RSVP

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:16 pm

Quivara -
"Stepford Wives"
Ooooh that makes me shudder!