Stories

Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stories

Post by Garry » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:49 am

If you came here from the link in the other Topic as I said there ....................................

With this Posting I would like to bring up and start another topic called stories...........................

This is a Topic that I have discussed with my friend from work who is a devote ( Christian ) as he call's it ....

I myself have no affiliation to any ( Man Made ) church or organization regarding God, Buddha, se or any Sect , Religion or Cult ..

My only connection with any of this Spirituality, Religion, The After Life or what ever you wish to call it ........................................

is here as here we are allowed to discuss any aspect of whatever so called ( Man Made ) religion, and their rules that we care to discuss.

Here we are allowed to post anything we wish as long as it is NOT DETRIMENTAL, Degrading or nasty to other peoples beliefs

SO ------------- Let the Topic begin

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stories

Post by Garry » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:06 am

Jody wrote:The history channel had an interesting documentary about the early Christians. There were hundreds of different books and Christian gospels prior to the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD. The Council chose the books contained in the Bible of today based on what would unite the many Christian groups and what would give the newly formed church the most authority.

The current version of the creation story of Adam and Eve shows women coming from Adams rib. As such, this story has been used as a basis for gender bias. Some have gone so far as to say that because woman was created second, that women must obey their husbands, etc.

But, what is really interesting is one of the books that didn't make it into the Bible as we currently know it. One of the books talks about Adam and Lillith being created at the same time from the earth. When Adam tried to get Lillith to obey him, she refused. She uttered the sacred name of God which was not to be uttered. But when she did utter the word, it gave her so much power that she flew to the heavens. She refused to come back. So, God gave Adam a second wife that he created from the ribs.

It is widely admitted and observable that the early Christians, Jews, or Muslims wanted to have women equal with men. Thankfully this is changing. With NDEs, gender is never an issue. In fact many times, spiritual entities on the other side are genderless. . .

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

dnix71
test

Post by dnix71 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:43 pm

The History Channel show mentioned is bunk. Even wikipedia admits there is no real reference to "Lilith" as a previous companion of Adam, until AD 700 to 1000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphabet_of_Ben_Sira

The statement that the Council of Nicaea decided what books belonged in the Bible is also not true. The first council was called to settle the issue of Christ's divinity, that is to say if He was co-eternal divinity, or a created being. That is the very thing which Christ was executed by Jewish leaders over, His claim to be One and equal with the Father in Heaven. All other religions in some way deny this. Some like Islam, say he was only a messenger, and that God has no son.

The books that were rejected as non-canonical are readily available now if they still exist. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-canoni ... _the_Bible
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudepigraph

Jody's NDE accounts support Bible. Narrow is the way, Christ said. Most report a pinpoint of light or a tunnel. Those who stray to the edges of the tunnel or go elsewhere report trouble.
Christ also plainly stated that those worthy of life in Heaven would be given new bodies and that they would be genderless as are angels. He also said no one could go to the Father except by Him (Christ) and that no one would get there ahead of any other by reason of when they were born/died. So the NDE's are of visits to Heaven's waiting room. The bride of Christ is not complete yet.

tony123
test

Post by tony123 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:39 am

I found that God is indeed love, and experienced being one with that love. When I went into that experience, it was like, "Of course!!!! How could I not have seen this all along!" It was so clear, the reality in this experience made my life on Earth seem like a fuzzy slow moving dumb dream in comparison. It was much more sharply real than Earth life. And - It was like going Home! I felt so nostalgic for it and was so glad to be back! And I knew that I had been through this experience many times before and would go through it again. All fear of death evaporated and I knew that every struggle on Earth is worth it ... it's part of the game

Comparatively speaking the life in the flesh gets back to its own limited meaning. Once we have experienced the atemporal reality you refer yourself to we would begin to measure our life upon earth with a different yardstick so to say. Ty.

Jem7
test

Post by Jem7 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:46 pm

It's hard to imagine god creating something, and then getting so angry with it later that he/she/it wants to destroy it.

Our brains are probably way too small to understand .000001% of what god is all about. I remember one NDE even basically said that!