"Hellish" NDEs

Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
Aros
test

"Hellish" NDEs

Post by Aros » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:54 am

Having absorbed thousands of NDE testimony I am intrigued by the "Hellish" experiences a minority encounter. I am curious about this and wonder what the dynamics are that create these experiences for some while most have the typical experiences that involve indescribable feelings of peace and love and understanding in conjunction with visions of unspeakable beauty. We often hear that there are literally no words in the human language to adequately describe the magnificence of All That Is and our Oneness and Connection to Source. That LOVE is all there truly is and everything else is illusion.

Which brings me to my question. Are all of these Hellish experiences, all the negativity, demons, "evil", suffering...Are these merely illusions that people are creating - unbeknownst to them - by their own thoughts? I do believe our thoughts manifest our reality in this and the other worlds but why do some people - even those that seemingly are decent, normal people - find themselves in extremely unfavorable, horrific, frightening environments while most do not?

I am very intrigued by that. I am not a bad person but I am far from perfect. I pay attention to my thoughts and deeds and I just want to make sure I can avoid finding myself in those environments if at all possible!

Not an NDE but I did have a somewhat frightening OBE once (I've had many conscious OBEs and even have an OBE journal to write down my adventures). It certainly wasn't as Hellish and horrific as some of the tales I've read but it was disconcerting to me all the same. I found myself in this place...It was open land with dead trees sprinkled here and there. The atmosphere was bleak...Gray skies, just gloomy. There were people shuffling around like zombies. Not like the movie, flesh-eating variety but more like just a feeling of people that were aimless, hopeless, depressed. I had no idea how I had gotten there, I was just there.

I was on the ground and I wanted out of there pronto. I remember moving with intention to fly away like I always can when having an OBE and I could not. No matter what I tried with intent, my body could not take flight. I became very frightened by this sudden inability to do what I always took for granted while out of body when I suddenly became aware of someone smirking at me. This being was delighted by my fear. I felt like fear was a power there. Perhaps it was fear and not flesh these people or beings craved.

Then suddenly I was able to start floating again, and started to rise higher until I started to feel safer. I projected the thought "Where am I? What is this place?" and that is when I heard someone say in my mind; "The Fields of Sharrot".

When I was back in my body I immediately wrote down this experience and that name. Of course it was phonetic, I have no way of knowing the true spelling (aka "Sharit?" "Sharut?" or some other spelling?) but I've never forgotten this. This was no dream, this was one of my conscious projections and while it most certainly could have been much worse, it still stunned me and reminded me that there are many levels and dimensions you can find yourself in.

Just curious of other's insights. Thank you!

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Hellish" NDEs

Post by Garry » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Welcome Aros

I hope you enjoy your time here,

any questions . . . just ask

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

Aros
test

Post by Aros » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:47 pm

Thank you!

DennisMe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DennisMe » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:40 pm

The intriguing thing to me about dark NDEs is that whatever explanation we come up with for NDEs needs to take them into account. We can't just sweep them under the rug. That would be a grave injustice for those who've suffered through them.
Another thing I'm very wary of is attaching judgment to the experiencers that have encountered these realms. I don't mean to suggest you are doing this, mind you.
The fear aspect is something I can relate to. In my dreams I have also encountered evil beings who indeed seem to feed and 'grow' on fear. Because I see myself as belonging with Jesus and I trust in God and the Angels, I don't fear them, which tends to keep them away. But even I go through spells where the light might not be the first thing on my mind, and at such times I am definitely more vulnerable. Perhaps dark NDEs are a carry-over from our mindset at the time of death and it may take what seems to be an eternity before we realize that we are in the wrong place and ask for help from "above / the light / God".

Aros
test

Post by Aros » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:47 pm

I agree...I certainly would never think of judging those who have had the darker NDE experiences...Hence my question...Why do they exist at all? If the ultimate truth is there is only LOVE and we are all aspects of The One (only peace, unconditional love exists) where do these evil/dark realms stem from and why do they exist at all?? It seems to go against the very nature of what we are learning about LOVE being the ALL THAT IS.

I am trying to understand it and I just can't.

DennisMe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DennisMe » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:11 am

An analogy I like to use is between Love and Light.
If god, the ultimate source is compared with the sun, you can be closer to or farther from it. The places closer to the sun are warmer, and further away are colder. Its not that there is more anti-light there, just less illumination.
So it appears that the spiritual reality is like that too, there are realms closer to and further from the source of light and love. Evil is just a relative absence of love.
I believe these realms exist because we (among other entities) have free will and this would be impossible were we all to be in the light all the time.

Aros
test

Post by Aros » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:22 am

Very good points. I would agree it's in essence a "spiritual proximity" thing (being close to or far away from the Light). It appears there are numerous perhaps unlimited layers or dimensions in the afterlife. I also agree it's likely that the state of our thoughts and emotions at the time of death or NDE could create the conditions some experience as "Hellish". It's certainly not a black and white issue (meaning only bad or evil people experience the Hellish conditions while decent or good people experience the Love and Light) which would in part explain why seemingly good people too have experienced these dark/evil places.

I've read many accounts about how people will note that these "Lost Souls" aren't damned to these places for all eternity by some judgmental God as much as they are damning themselves either through their own false beliefs about punishment or are condemning themselves through some sort of zombie-like state of forgetfulness of who they really are. I think this is why it's so important to focus on nothing but forgiveness, Love and Light to carry you Home when your time is up on earth.

dreamer
test

Post by dreamer » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:43 am

Aros wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:54 am
Having absorbed thousands of NDE testimony I am intrigued by the "Hellish" experiences a minority encounter. I am curious about this and wonder what the dynamics are that create these experiences for some while most have the typical experiences that involve indescribable feelings of peace and love and understanding in conjunction with visions of unspeakable beauty. We often hear that there are literally no words in the human language to adequately describe the magnificence of All That Is and our Oneness and Connection to Source. That LOVE is all there truly is and everything else is illusion.

Which brings me to my question. Are all of these Hellish experiences, all the negativity, demons, "evil", suffering...Are these merely illusions that people are creating - unbeknownst to them - by their own thoughts? I do believe our thoughts manifest our reality in this and the other worlds but why do some people - even those that seemingly are decent, normal people - find themselves in extremely unfavorable, horrific, frightening environments while most do not?

Just curious of other's insights. Thank you!
I have not had an NDE however, I am a remote viewer, and get a lot of 'intuitive' information from dreams, knowing, visions, etc.

In my experience people's 'beliefs' sometimes impact 'how they interpret' their experiences. Our subconscious, etc. normally provides us a lot of this information by metaphors, I have seen a lot of great 'insights/metaphors' provided from these 'spiritual sources' which have been misinterpreted based on the person's 'beliefs'. Also, in the case of NDEs, I believe many involve drugs and could impact the message especially at the front or back ends where we could be actively imagining things.

I find nothing wrong with being open to the 'negative things' in NDEs. I think it is important to note they are only experienced by a minority. I don't believe anyone is perfect in regards to 'sin'. So why a minority only would be impacted is suspicious. However, I believe we need to take all our 'spiritual experiences' into account when we judge the accuracy of anyone else's claimed experiences.

Aros
test

Post by Aros » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:36 pm

I definitely agree beliefs will be the paint on the canvas of experience. This would explain why born-again Christians will see Jesus while agnostics might simply see a Being of Light and so forth. There seems to be a hierarchy in the afterworld in regards to dark vs light. I often read about folks who will encounter horrific entities that will shrink away once the person undergoing the torture or hellish experience begins to adamantly ask for God's help. How much of these entities are self-created via thought/subconscious and how much are actual self-conscious independent entities is an interesting question. I do believe many dark entities exist that would love nothing more than to fool you into believing there is no God, there is no hope. It's interesting to note many NDE'rs have mentioned souls who seem to exist like zombies...Living in a self-created fog where through free will and being so deep into their own self-imposed hellish prison cannot see the light, or perhaps are not even aware of the light and love that exists outside of their illusionary prison. Perhaps the best gift we can give ourselves (if we are able) is to leave this world and our physical bodies with thoughts of peace, contentment and love. It seems the nature of our emotional state and thoughts will in fact govern our immediate experience. Thanks for your thoughts!

InfiniteSpirit
test

Post by InfiniteSpirit » Fri May 11, 2018 11:44 am

" I found myself in this place...It was open land with dead trees sprinkled here and there. The atmosphere was bleak...Gray skies, just gloomy. There were people shuffling around like zombies. Not like the movie, flesh-eating variety but more like just a feeling of people that were aimless, hopeless, depressed. I had no idea how I had gotten there, I was just there.

I was on the ground and I wanted out of there pronto. I remember moving with intention to fly away like I always can when having an OBE and I could not. No matter what I tried with intent, my body could not take flight. I became very frightened by this sudden inability to do what I always took for granted while out of body when I suddenly became aware of someone smirking at me. This being was delighted by my fear. I felt like fear was a power there. Perhaps it was fear and not flesh these people or beings craved.

Then suddenly I was able to start floating again, and started to rise higher until I started to feel safer."
=======================

As a frequent OB experiencer myself, I would suggest that your subconscious, or deeper [shadow] mind needs to connect and learn to be in total agreement with your conscious-egoistic will (intention). Meditation can help greatly in this case, as it has helped me. We all have been taught to be sloppy thinkers, where we think one thing, and believe something completely different about it. A lot of us, as a collective humanity, tend to live in cognitive dissonance without realizing it, and we carry this same aspect into the astral realms with us. While in the subtle realms, we see the full blown manifestation of our hidden conflict between what we consciously 'desire' and what our subconscious, deeper thoughts of being-ness, actually are. The unconscious part of us takes precedence in the subtle realms, and gets reflected / mirrored back to us as our 3D hologram.
An example of inconsistency might be when someone asks you; "how are you doing?" A common, but not necessarily truthful [deeper self] response may be; "fine!". However, deep down (subconsciously), you know, and feel that you're not really being truthful about this response, according to your deepest thoughts/feelings. This common reaction sets up a dis-connect between the conscious and subconscious field.

This is why we get contradictory results in the astral realms. We may 'desire' to fly away from danger, but there is an unconscious, lingering need to explore a part of us that we don't want to see. Thus, you become stuck there, temporarily, until you realize your illusion of 'fear', and then, once the unconscious fear becomes fully conscious, and seen for what it really is, you are able to synchronize your conscious intent with that of your subconscious. You float away, as previously intended, because there is no more conflict.

When we desire to perform any action while out of body, such as walking through a seemingly 'solid' wall or, in your particular case, your main conscious desire was to fly away; if we have any subconscious or deep seated doubts/fears/contradictions in our conscious abilities, or we are accustomed to opposing ourselves in our daily lives (as in the above example), that seed of doubt will interfere with the ability to make your desire transpire on the astral realms. You have to be totally in agreement with your intentions on both a conscious and subconscious level when navigating higher frequency realms.

Again, I have found that meditation works well to correct this. Go back into the situation and keep your emotional body as neutral as possible. Use your thoughts to will yourself out of the situation. I.E. shift your attention completely away from your scene and focus fully on what you do want to see, with no looking back. With this technique of meditation, I no longer have problems while out of body (so far!). Even if I get into an uncomfortable situation, my conscious intent pretty much works reliably for me. Just learn to completely shift your consciousness away from your scene, into another situation of your choosing, and don't look back. Remember, the subtle realms are all about mind, beliefs, expectations and imagination, even though they are very 'real' and vivid. :)

Aros
test

Post by Aros » Fri May 11, 2018 2:05 pm

That is an excellent analysis of the power and dichotomy that is our conscious and sub-conscious thoughts. I have been very lazy about meditation (I have one of those million-mile-a-minute brains) but I really want to learn to meditate as it obviously has so many benefits associated with it. Normally whenever I have had conscious OBEs I tend to project out into space. I had a FPV of Earth once that was truly spectacular. I was looking at Earth as if it was about the size of a giant beach ball at arm's length. Simply extraordinary. Most of my travels have been related to the universe, planets, galaxies, stars...Once in awhile I will come across people and places but the "Fields of Sharrot" was my first experience in the Astral that would be considered dark or negative. It's very interesting to think of the concept that it was not truly a place in the Astral realm that exists co-dependent of me but in fact a manifestation of my sub-conscious thoughts. Thank you for the great reply.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Fri May 11, 2018 8:26 pm

This is totally away from what your asking but I thought I would put it out there if for nothing else maybe somebody besides myself will get a chuckle out of it

Back in the 60's in the hippy years when we were all sitting around talking about various LSD trips we had been on somebody asked about Bad Trips and a friend of mine said:

" If I don't see monsters when I am on a trip I feel that I got ripped off "

He was totally serious as he liked to get very wasted all the time.

We all found it kind of humorous and I still get a chuckle when I think about it.....

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

Aros
test

Post by Aros » Sat May 12, 2018 4:27 am

That's funny Garry! I did LSD a handful of times in my experimental youth. I had some crazy trips for sure but none of them emulated a true OBE. I do believe LSD and other drugs can be a gateway to Astral Realms, don't get me wrong, but having a bona-fide conscious OBE versus a hallucinogenic trip can be at times two very, very different things.

I took too many mushrooms once when I was a teen. I was left alone and found myself sitting next to Robert Plant as he was having an interview on MTV.

As real as he felt and looked to me at the time, even in the moment I knew it was a hallucination. When you are OBE, there's no doubt about the authenticity of your experience.

But not to throw a towel on your fire, that's actually funny about your buddy feeling ripped off if he didn't come across monsters...LOL