Spiritual Practice After An NDE

Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
Assisi
test

A Meaningful Spiritual Practice After an NDE?

Post by Assisi » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:35 pm

After experiencing so much love how do we integrate this into our lives?
How do we stay connected to this love?
This is the challenge to have a meaningful spiritual practice.
I want to share this article in Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-dav ... 50897.html

Blessings to all!

CathyK
test

Re: A Meaningful Spiritual Practice After an NDE?

Post by CathyK » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:37 am

Hello Assisi

I read your linked Huffington Post article offering retreats in California and Italy. This is an advertisement, isn't it?

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:42 am

Thank you Cathy for asking that question

I only had time to scan the article and after reading your post , and re reading the article I also have to question the original post...

I will give the author time to respond or wait till I hear any other opinions

Garry

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

Assisi
test

Post by Assisi » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:07 am

Hi,
The article is a sincere look at spiritual practice. Huffington Post does not pay its bloggers so often includes a short announcement about their work. The retreat center mentioned is a non-profit center. This is not an advertisement but a genuine hope to inspire dialogue about real spirituality....thanks1

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:57 am

Thank you for replying regarding your post

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

LifeReview
test

Post by LifeReview » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:00 am

That looks like an interesting article I'll have to read. I think meditation has boundless possibilities. I'm always surprised how people want to put a frame around it and say what it IS and what it is NOT.

I'd be curious if NDE experiencers can answer: Do they meditate more than other people? Does it have deep meaning/reward for them?

Assisi
test

Post by Assisi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:04 am

I don't know if people with NDEs meditate more or less....but I do know the love and acceptance we find in an NDE is within us and meditation can open our hearts to this experience....

Jem7
test

Re: Spiritual Practice After An NDE

Post by Jem7 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:01 pm

I've read in some NDEs that people sometimes introduce meditation into their lives after an NDE. I want to learn more about why they decide to do that, or feel the need for it.

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:22 pm

My husband meditates every morning. He has had two spiritually uplifting experiences which came to him, during periods of meditation, in the form of a golden light coming from above him, through his head and into his entire body. He told me that he knew this to be The Holy Spirit. The first occasion occurred when he took his terminally ill previous wife to Lourdes. The second occasion was more recently, when he was seriously ill himself.

He is, however, agnostic about 'life after death'.

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:32 pm

I wonder how he could have felt and experienced the holy spirit so strongly and yet not believe in the afterlife.

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:55 am

I don't understand either Ann. Last year I asked around my friends to see who would like to come with me to Marseille for the NDE Conference. One friend, who always spoke of prophetic dreams and after death communications said to me, "Oh, you mean 'lights at the end of tunnels? Oh, come on, you don't believe in all that stuff, do you?"

Heads in the sand ....

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:01 am

That is why I'm inclined to speak carefully and only rarely about these things, in my personal corner of the world. In my experience, even those whom I am very close with, can't really believe or fully grasp my stories.
I had made a very good friend on the old nderf forum, and we could speak very freely with one another. Unfortunately he has been gone for a while now, and I really miss him. But, I have high hopes for the future of the new forum.

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:12 am

Hi Ann

Sorry for the temporary loss of your friend xxx

Regarding only speaking of these things in ones own personal corner of the world, I am the same. In fact, the person I referred to who scorned my belief in NDEs had, up to that point, given every indication that she would be receptive, or inclined, to the same belief. So, when I quote you as only speaking in my personal corner of the world I'm probably reduced to one person - or two if I include my husband. As I said, I can speak to him about such things, but he will only agree with some aspects - then he's a closed book!

However, we on this forum are a growing little group of people who may have varying views, but who hold with the one central belief of 'Life after Death'. We can't talk morning, noon and night about it, so we talk of other things too, but it is a new, wonderful and joyous freedom to be among like minded people!

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:15 pm

My husband is the same. He knows about my experience and accepts that about me. But, he does not want to discuss it. He thinks it to be a bit creepy. Even though I have told him it is just the opposite of creepy. He does believe in the afterlife, but has difficulty grasping the reality of the experience. At least he is honest and respectful of my beliefs. He has never blown me off or condemned me for my reality. He just knows it is part of who I am.

I have been hurt by a few close friends that seemed to be accepting of my story, yet later would say things like: "Do you think it might have just been a dream?" Or, "If someone else had told me this story I would not have believed it." Or, some other such comment. These comments have cut me like a knife. The nde has no resemblance to a dream. I've never had a dream change my life. Dreams don't stay with me and permeate my very being. These friends are not able to understand, and I get that. But, because of this, I tend to keep things to myself most of the time.
Luckily, I do have a couple of friends that are accepting, at least they seem to be. Though neither have had an nde, they have had other spiritual experiences. But, I am still cautious, even with them.
I miss my friend TTT, who was here on the old forum - we talked privately and very openly about our experiences. It was nice to have someone that truly did understand.
I hope I don't sound doom and gloom here. All in all I would not want to go back and expunge the experience from my life. I have not always been happy about having had to return, all those years ago. But, I would not want to give it back. I view my experience as a gift, a beautiful reminder that greatness and unyielding love awaits. I think my job here is to show love. I fail quite miserably much of the time...because I am human...but love is love, and there is nothing more important.

Marguy
test

Post by Marguy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:53 am

Hi Ano1

After having translated more than 160 experiences I'm very convinced of the truth of this kind of experience. In the meantime I realized that it is a gift and at the same time a burden for those people that experienced it. Because if you don't want to change your life it is a constant reminder in the background of your life, and if you are ready to change, change cannot be made in 5 minutes and most of the time, nobody of the surrounding people does like the changes. So I assume it is a constant battle with yourself and others.
But just don't let yourself being depressed about this, believe in yourself and continue your way, as you have the advantage knowing the light in front of you
Marguy

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Thanks, for that Marguy.

I don't want to sound like a depressed person...because, I am not that at all.
I have a very active life, many good friends and family. I enjoy life very much. But, at times I know what can be and this is not it.
I know God sent me back for a reason, that reason is to love... quite simply...Love. There is no need for me to change anything. Though, in the early years after my experience it took me a lot of time to come to terms with living here again. Back then, there was way more isolation. Because...trust me...people treated the thought of ndes as something abnormal and questioned your sanity.

If I sound sad, it is probably due to the fact that I've been in a retrospective mood lately, as we have had two close family deaths recently. I know they are celebrating in a way they never knew possible. But, we do still miss them. And, maybe, I feel a little bit of jealousy. But, not really, because I know that I have things yet to do, and many things I want to do. My time will come when it is supposed to come and I am in no hurry. If I were to think about this all the time, my purpose here would seem a bit useless. My nde colors my everyday... that cannot be changed...nor, do I want it changed...I just often need to temporarily set it aside for purposes of living the life I am meant to live.

Marguy
test

Post by Marguy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:04 am

ano1 wrote:I know God sent me back for a reason, that reason is to love... quite simply...Love.
Well I thank all the NDErs for this same message, as I have learned a lot from them and am now able to love better, in a more unconditional way, not expecting anybody to give me something instead. But most people do not understand it, and when I do somebody a favor, they often think that they are in my dept. I then tell them that they should just give it further to somebody in need, and in time it will get back to me anyhow. This message I also got 36 years ago from a very old lady that helped us when we had been in need. She lend us 50$ when we were sitting at the airport and our flight had been cancelled and we were stuck. We had the possibility to give her back her money when we landed in Luxembourg. But her message stayed with me for ever, as I found that if all people would be like that, there would be no hate and no wars on earth.

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:24 pm

That's lovely Marguy!

LifeReview
test

Post by LifeReview » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Ano,

On the upside, there are people (such as myself) who view NDEexperiencers as our spiritual teachers! I would love to sit down and ask them a million questions with the deepest respect and an open heart.

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:47 pm

:) That is a sign that we have come a long way.

yemullin
test

Post by yemullin » Tue May 20, 2014 9:51 pm

Truly beautiful. Thanks for all the sharing and input. These are my sentiments as well.

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Wed May 28, 2014 3:26 am

Good morning Misha
On the upside, there are people (such as myself) who view NDEexperiencers as our spiritual teachers! I would love to sit down and ask them a million questions with the deepest respect and an open heart.
I agree! Many, many of the NDEs people have submitted are not carefully prepared mentally before writing and posting. Frequently, I wish they would explain their experience in a great deal more detail. Most of them arrive at the bottom line, "We're all here to Love it's the most important thing", but with a lack of detail on their trip through their Near Death Experience to explain fully how they got to that point.

If there are gaps - such as no remembered knowledge of how they arrived at a particular 'location', etc. - then I wish they'd say so.

I was born with a critical and analytical mind so can't help requiring a lot of detail.

Cathy

Marguy
test

Post by Marguy » Wed May 28, 2014 10:32 am

CathyK wrote:If there are gaps - such as no remembered knowledge of how they arrived at a particular 'location', etc. - then I wish they'd say so.
Hi Cathy and Yvonne,

Well I suppose that not everyone is a good storyteller. And there's a long questionnaire attached, where one has to think if it fits the experience, and how it fits the experience. Some things are only coming when they look at the questions and have to decide how to answer them.
I suppose most of them would really prefer to talk to somebody, than to write it down.

Have a nice day

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Cathy,
I agree! Many, many of the NDEs people have submitted are not carefully prepared mentally before writing and posting. Frequently, I wish they would explain their experience in a great deal more detail. Most of them arrive at the bottom line, "We're all here to Love it's the most important thing", but with a lack of detail on their trip through their Near Death Experience to explain fully how they got to that point.

If there are gaps - such as no remembered knowledge of how they arrived at a particular 'location', etc. - then I wish they'd say so.

I was born with a critical and analytical mind so can't help requiring a lot of detail.

Cathy

I understand. I completed the questionnaire more than ten years ago. I was, at the time, happy to tell of my experience. But, now I would like to edit it for more clarity. I answered the questions but more things came to mind after it was submitted. I think maybe people should read the submission form and think about it for a few days before actually submitting it.

I also know that much of the knowledge I had while gone was not allowed to come back with me.
For me, there were not a lot of visuals; just during the OBE and life review. The best and most satisfying part was...a feeling of fullness of love or being present with a love like I never knew existed. It is not easy to describe.

Natalie
test

Post by Natalie » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:11 pm

Ano1,

I just read some of your posts here. How lucky you are to have been able to experience that journey to the other side. Have you posted your experience anywhere here. I would love to read more about it. Reading so many NDEs has convinced me that there is another life and that there is a God. Unfortunately there will always be skeptics who will not be convinced until they themselves experience it. In the mean time it must make you feel good to know that there are so many people who have had the same experience, and that you are not alone.
Natalie

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:19 pm

Thanks and welcome, Natalie.
I think my story is 571 or 751 I don't remember for sure.

LifeReview
test

Post by LifeReview » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:40 am

Hi Ano,

Is this the one from summer 1971?
Would you mind if I post it to the interesting cases section?

It's a personal thing, so no problem, if you would prefer not to highlight it at this time.

Natalie
test

Post by Natalie » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:18 am

Thank you Ano.
I will look for your story and read it.

Natalie

Marguy
test

Post by Marguy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:10 am

Hi Ano1,

I'm translating NDEs for Jody, and I saw many NDEs that had been submitted twice. Once shortly after they happened, and a second time some years later after the integration. So I suppose if you wanted to submit an integrated story it would also be accepted.
Marguy