Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Deep Talk from old site

Post by Garry » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:43 am

NowAndEver
Jesus: “...before Abraham was, I am.”

Jesus knew from whence he came. Few of the rest of us do. All answers center around the question of belief. Something cannot be true for you unless you believe it could be true. Physical: Seeing is believing. Spiritual: Believing is seeing.

As spirit we (all of us) have always been. There is no time in the afterlife; everything happens all at once in the eternal moment of now.

Physicists know this is true of the "real" world. The equations of physics are symmetric with respect to time; they work as well going backwards in time as they do forwards in time. What creates the arrow of time in the universe is the increase of entropy, i.e., the decrease in usable energy tied to the increase of information. We can't put the genie back in the bottle.

The more we as individuals learn about such things, and other lessons we accrue in the physical, the less we need or desire to become creatures in the physical.

These and others are opinions I hold at my current level of understanding. No doubt they will change over time and I will become wiser.
114 days ago
johnbrowne
thats an easy one. we came from our spiritual/non physical home, we are here to live/experience a natural/physical life, and we're returning to our spiritual home.
129 days ago
DennisTate
Good theory, I believe that you are correct adissam!

On one level I suspect that the human spirit/soul could also be termed an "angel" especially in terms of this verse from Genesis:

Genesis 28:12 "And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it."

While in the angelic state we probably can't hardly believe how low we might well sink if we became a mere human who was raised in an environment where terrible ideas on ethics were taught to us!

One reason why an angel would become human is to gain a greater depth of humility, understanding, empathy and compassion for "fallen angels!?"
230 days ago
adissam
Hello Aerin,

I watched part of it. It's interesting. Thanks for that.

The arguments are well presented and speaks to our rational mind (e.g. objective/subjective experience, scientific validity of something,...).
What I find interesting is that he is speaking about the One or the Source with understandable analogies.

However, it seems to remain a theoretical framework. Where is the practice here ?
I get very cautious when I hear that we can get extra sensory perceptions (ESP) or powers. I agree that it exists, but if it's a goal in itself then it's like entertainment! And entertainment is not leading anywhere.

You may know more about his work so perhaps there are other concepts that could be applied in day to day life ?
370 days ago
Aerin328
In response to your question adissam, I find the work of the physicist Tom Campbell to be very compelling. Watch the first 3-4 hours of the following lecture he gave in Spain on YouTube- sounds like a long time but definitely worth it (this is video 1/13, you can also search for 2/13, 3/13, etc.):
372 days ago

adissam
Hi Simon. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I agree with you that multiple lives are necessary but sequentially (i.e. in an ascending progression, not returning as an animal, a plant or a mineral).
Several studies and more generally NDE accounts suggest that we had previous lives.
It also make sense: why some children are born and have to suffer so much, why some are born rich and others poors, talented or not, etc...
If we believe in a Creator, a Source as you said, then there must be a Divine justice.

About the nature of our soul, I agree that it holds the potential for perfection, but some say that we can only achieve this goal (returning to the Source and benefit from all the graces of the universe,...) by having to go through this earthly life.

In a sense, "the autonomous nervous centers that ensure animal life are in constant interaction with the cerebral cortex" (the center of consciousness); and the soul expresses itself through the cerebral cortex.
It can explains why we are always experiencing this inner struggle (animal/terrestrial impulses vs human aspirations).
In his work, Pr. Elahi, refers to this entity as a psychospiritual organism
: a celestial organism (a soul or spirit) that has merged with a terrestrial psyche.
This constant struggle is useful, and even necessary, since it makes us progress.
393 days ago
Simon70
Hi Adissam. I have had some deep thoughts regarding the question of who I am and I will usually get an answer in my mind. When I asked this question to my soul, the answer I received was what I wrote. But at an even deeper level, I realized that we all are what most people call "God", the creator of the personality we associate with "I" in this life (I actually believe this "God" is really our individual soul, which all of the souls are a portion of All That Is). "God" (our souls) is asking the same question "Who Am I" through each of our multitude of incarnations, and our current lives happen to be one aspect of the soul's desire to understand itself as an identity. Through these multiple simultaneous lives, our soul develops and becomes aware of its individual uniqueness, with the goal to return to the whole Source. It is when the soul has developed the ability to retain identity without losing itself in the whole can the soul become co-creators with All That Is. The young soul, without being fully developed in its ability to retain identity, would be "absorbed" back into the Oneness so we have an "eternity of time" to develop. This is one of the reasons for experience through earth life, to understand how to balance identity with unity in an environment that makes this difficult (society forces conformity). The other being how to control and manipulate energy aka light aka love (again, society forcing choices between love and hate, peace and war, turning the cheek and retribution). Because this is a learning ground for us as souls, we learn from all experience, not just good or righteousness or perfection. Our soul is already perfect in the sense that we exist as love and in love. Experience of opposites helps us understand how to manipulate that energy of love to degrees (anything other than pure light/love represents the different forms and expressions that we create through manipulating the amount of light/love we send out).
460 days ago
adissam
Hi Simon,
I agree that free will is a key here.
What I mean by "exiled" is in a sense what you described –a soul in a body.
460 days ago
Simon70
Who you are is who you chose to be before you were born. The real you is a portion of All That Is (aka. God). You are not exiled, but instead are living a dream life along with countless other souls, to experience. Experience can mean anything, from a boring life, to one of criminal activity and even a short term stint such as dying young to provide the experience to another. All life is special because it affects everyone around, and that is why we are here, to learn how to be love in a make-belief world where love is a choice and not the norm.
461 days ago

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 1st Topic By Garry in Where I've come from ?

Post by Garry » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:29 pm

The begining posts were what I could retrieve from the other site in between getting banned over and over.

If someone wishes to carry on that conversation I can split the topic as time progresses

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary