Love

Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
Jody
Site Admin
Site Admin

Love

Post by Jody » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:58 am

This is an interesting link that studies the meaning of love starting with the basis of

1 Cor. 13:4-7

Study Love
[line=Green]2[/line]
This following Quote was copied from 2 posts below as I felt it should be included with the link as opposed to being seperate

Garry
JPSinNJ wrote:Hello, everyone! I'm the guy who's been building the Study Love site mentioned at the top of this thread. I feel very honored to have my labor of Love listed as a weblink under Resources at NDERF.org!

I first got the idea after an argument I had with somebody in which I took the blame for treating a very respectable guy rather shabbily. I felt terrible. The man is probably on the other side by now, so, Mike Carroll, I hope you're hearing this! I came up with a serious means of repentance: I would study 1 Cor. 13:4-7 like crazy. While I was at it, why not share the learning with everyone online?

Thus began what I then called my Love Lab. At first it was just a section of my Life-Net News & Radio site. I think it was early last year when I decided to split it off into a website of its own. Hence, Study Love, which made a nice short domain name that I could buy.

Along the way, NDEs have definitely helped inspire me. I've been near death several times myself, but I've had no experiences that I recall, so to know about NDEs I have relied on reading. So I look at the NDE evidence, and I also try to be a real practicing Christian, so what do the two have in common?

You guessed it! The supremacy of agape! So I have been greatly encouraged by that, and it has strongly affirmed that the Study Love project is worth pursuing to the end.

So I hope you folks like it. I know that Love is very, very important to most of you, which is why I thought my project might be welcome here. I sincerely hope you will find it useful in developing your practice and refining your articulation of the Virtue of virtues!

CathyK
test

Re: Love

Post by CathyK » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:21 pm

This is beautiful. My husband and I had this read at our wedding.
Cathy

JPSinNJ

Post by JPSinNJ » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:25 pm

Hello, everyone! I'm the guy who's been building the Study Love site mentioned at the top of this thread. I feel very honored to have my labor of Love listed as a weblink under Resources at NDERF.org!

I first got the idea after an argument I had with somebody in which I took the blame for treating a very respectable guy rather shabbily. I felt terrible. The man is probably on the other side by now, so, Mike Carroll, I hope you're hearing this! I came up with a serious means of repentance: I would study 1 Cor 13 like crazy. While I was at it, why not share the learning with everyone online?

Thus began what I then called my Love Lab. At first it was just a section of my Life-Net News & Radio site. I think it was early last year when I decided to split it off into a website of its own. Hence, Study Love, which made a nice short domain name that I could buy.

Along the way, NDEs have definitely helped inspire me. I've been near death several times myself, but I've had no experiences that I recall, so to know about NDEs I have relied on reading. So I look at the NDE evidence, and I also try to be a real practicing Christian, so what do the two have in common?

You guessed it! The supremacy of agape! So I have been greatly encouraged by that, and it has strongly affirmed that the Study Love project is worth pursuing to the end.

So I hope you folks like it. I know that Love is very, very important to most of you, which is why I thought my project might be welcome here. I sincerely hope you will find it useful in developing your practice and refining your articulation of the Virtue of virtues!

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:45 am

Hello JPS

In Corinthians the alternative translation for 'Love' is 'Charity'. Agape - as you said.

Faith, hope and charity, and the greatest of these is charity.

Cathy