Qi Gong

Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
Marguy
test

Qi Gong

Post by Marguy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:12 pm

Since about seven years I'm going to a Qi Gong course on Mondays. There we are also doing energetic work and meditations to get a better feeling of Qi. Mainly breathing Qi into the Dan Tien (belly), feeling the Qi as a little sun in our Dan Tien and trying to control it. I never had any difficulty to see and feel the Qi, but at the end of the session we were told to let the little sun getting smaller and smaller until we couldn't see it any more. Now this was a thing that I couldn't do. Then one day it worked, I was very happy when the sun became smaller and smaller, and thought: 'finally I succeed'. But then something happened that wasn't programmed. Shortly before the sun was tiny enough to disappear, something like a spotlight departed from the tiny sun, moved towards my spine and started to move upwards, and I could see my spine as a dark shade before this light moving up my spine until it went up into my head. Between each of the different vertebrae I could see something like black curly strings. I wasn't afraid, just amazed about what was happening and followed this with even something like amusement, just thinking now what's this, this is funny. Once the light disappeared in my head it was over. Afterwards I asked our teacher what happened to me, and he said that I had had a paranormal experience.
Ar first I questioned the whole thing, thinking that maybe I had a hallucination. As everybody does, I saw spines on pictures and figured that maybe my brain played tricks on me. But nowhere had I ever seen those curly strings. Then one day I had to go to a physiotherapist, I looked at his professional pictures of spines etc. then I saw that many strings came out between the vertebrae. I asked him what they were, and he said that are the nerve strings. On the pictures they were straight, but mine were curly.
Only then did I really believe that the experience was real. After this I never had this kind of experience again.
Actually I could do Qi Gong at home now, but I realize that at home I never get enough quietness.
Did anybody experience something similar?
I would be interested to know.

Marguy

LifeReview
test

Re: Qi Gong

Post by LifeReview » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:38 pm

Maybe this was kundalini?

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:31 pm

How amazing Marguy! You are so, so lucky!
Cathy

Jem7
test

Post by Jem7 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:13 pm

I'm really curious about spoon bending and stuff. That's related to Chi, right?

At first I thought it was rubbish, but then I heard an interview with Dr. Dean Radin, a respected parapsychologist. He said it even happened to him without trying! A spoon sort of flopped over in his hand.

The bottom line is: We don't really know the borders of a human's potential. Do we?

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:29 pm

Jem

In the early 1970s my parents went to a book signing by Uri Geller of his autobiography. The people crowding around his table were holding out keys and spoons for him to bend. The book signing was outdoors in hot weather. Uri Geller was dressed in jeans and a short sleeved shirt - so no sleeves to hide anything in.

My parents told me that someone pushed an old-fashioned clockwork alarm clock towards him. The back of it was hanging off. He took the clock, then complained it was too greasy to handle, put the back of the clock back into place, gave it back and turned his attention to something else. Half a minute later the crowd started cheering - the old alarm clock was working ;-) My mother gave him her door key and he bent it. She kept it as a souvenir ever afterwards.

They got a book for me signed by him.

Cathy

Jem7
test

Post by Jem7 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:37 pm

The skeptics say that the human hand heats up old watches and stuff and that is often enough to get them working for a few more minutes.

Yuri is a complicated issue. With or without him, there probably is something to PK. After all, one guy isn't the whole debate, but he certainly made spoon bending REALLY famous.

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:59 pm

Jem

he certainly made spoon bending REALLY famous.
and in Sweden he made the 'copper 7' coil really INfamous

On Swedish television he was doing some spoon bending on a show and many women complained that their copper 7s had turned into copper 1s !

Cathy

Jem7
test

Post by Jem7 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:12 pm

Jem7 just fainted....

Marguy
test

Post by Marguy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:49 am

The Qi is difficult to explain.
First you imagine it and than it works. So I'm convinced that our imagination is the clue. And by really thinking about imagination, it dawned on me that from the very first minute we are born, everything we do is using our imagination before we can do anything. If we can't imagine walking upright, we will never be able to do it. Wishes are a kind of imagination that makes us acting to get it true and, when we are able to believe (imagine) that we can do it, then we can do it. But it is also very important to start doing it. Only imagining is just fata morgana
Marguy

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Hello Jem
Yuri is a complicated issue. With or without him, there probably is something to PK.
I thought that psychokinesis was shown, in laboratory conditions, to really exist. Do you remember that Russian woman who would stare at a raw egg and get the yolk and the white to separate? More recently, you know that human concentration make an enormous statistical difference to 'chance'? Last, but not least, Jesus told us that, "faith can move mountains' - perhaps not just a figure of speech?

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:13 pm

Good evening Marguy

Lessons in Tai Chi are available in the Church Hall next to where I live, (I know Tai Chi is/descends from a martial art). A friend asked me if I would like to accompany her to Pilates lessons.

Before you spoke of it recently, I had never heard of Qi Jong; so I search it on the internet. I see that is is a 4,000 year old discipline connected with ‘higher awareness’, and, ‘healing’.

You posted about Qi Jong: “First you imagine it, and then it works.” Alternatively, one might also say, ‘The Thought is father to the Deed’.
Imagining, fixing a thought into reality, can bring something into being.

I think this is another example of ‘Faith moves Mountains’ and that directed human consciousness affects the outcome of every event.

LifeReview
test

Post by LifeReview » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:52 pm

CathyK wrote:
I think this is another example of ‘Faith moves Mountains’ and that directed human consciousness affects the outcome of every event.

"Wherever two or more are gathered... " it is written somewhere ;-)

It seems that groups amplify the effects. I would love to see how this could work in group meditation.

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:10 pm

Yes Misha - Groups amplify effects. "Wherever two or three of you are gathered together in my name, I am in the midst of you"

Just one person can bring about an effect and a group - even more so. Not sure this applies to mobs, hordes or rabbles though... :-)

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:22 pm

Hello Misha!

Now there's a thought:- "I would love to see how this could work in group meditation."

Would 'group meditation' require that each member of the group focus on one single thought?. Meditation is ~ I am inclined to feel ~ a solitary thing. I have participated, uncountable times, in Yoga sessions ... and have found that, meditation, for me, resulted in falling asleep....... :oops: