STE's / Spiritually Significant Dreams

Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

STE's / Spiritually Significant Dreams

Post by Garry » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:42 am

I went all a slumber one night, and the next thing I know I am with a faceless female entity, riding in a limousine, and she opened a sun/moon roof, and told me to look up. I could see stars and the usual, but she told me I needed to look deeper. The next thing I know there were the most indescribable shapes and patterns, that I could actually feel happening, instead of just seeing. It was so real and vivid. She told me that what I was "seeing" was the colors or the patterns and shapes that are woven into the fabric of the universe.
Call it a dream or whatever you want, but it changed my ideas about life. This was the 2nd unusual experience I've had and this was in my early 20's. The first was when I was a child and I actually only know of it because of what my parents have told me.

I had a great grandmother who passed away, and on that night, at bedtime, my parents could not find me. It was usual for me to fall asleep in a siblings bed, or underneath, or play hiding games, etc.
The next morning, at the breakfast table, my parents were discussing how to approach the subject of grandma with me, when I meandered to the table and announced to them that I had just seen her last night, and that Jesus had come and taken me on Gods spaceship because she wanted me to know she was o.k and I would see her again.

I believe I was only 5 or 6. I have no memory of it, but my mother said that it was unnerving to hear me tell it. 

For years since the internet has come about, I have researched a little bit. I don't think these were NDE's. However there seems to be an amount of coincidence with regards to other peoples experiences.

Any input is welcome!

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

STE's / Spiritually Significant Dr

Post by Garry » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:26 am

Simon70

Hi Jaxsun. If you get a chance, get a copy of the book Journey of the Soul by Michael Newton. It's a fascinating book about people who undergo hypnosis to recall their "in-between" life period (Michael calls it Life Before Life or LBL.

I've had an LBL session and it was very interesting). I believe it is in this book that I read about people who die and before they completely cross over, they communicate with loved ones that need reassuring. This is typically done through dreams or other means depending on how sensitive the still-living are.

That is what your experience reminds me of.

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Re: STE's / Spiritually Significant Dreams

Post by ano1 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:05 pm

I have no idea how or why these encounters happen, but I know they do. Recently, my mother- in- law, passed. I awoke at 3:03 am and 'knew' she was gone, as if she came to say goodbye. A short time later, the care facility called to say she did indeed die.

Also, when my mom passed, many years ago, my niece who was four at the time and lived across the country, would frequently be up in the middle of the night, playing. When asked, by her mom, what she was doing at this time of the night, my little niece often would reply that, 'gramma is here and she's playing kitchen with me' or some other such thing. I believe my niece saw her and did play with her.

As a nurse, over the years, I have witnessed numerous people speaking with someone they alone were able to see... usually within days of their death.

I don't think these types of things are dreams, at all. I believe they are real occurances... I just don't understand the dynamic of 'how' they happen.

tony123
test

Post by tony123 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:12 pm

When asked, by her mom, what she was doing at this time of the night, my little niece often would reply that, 'gramma is here and she's playing kitchen with me' or some other such thing. I believe my niece saw her and did play with her.

I awoke this morning feeling a little pressure on my right wrist. (I hate myself but i just cannot help showing myself off playing the psychic). Camila my daughter would instill courage in me as when she made me post that silly picture of me holding bent spoons on facebook. Anyway this night i met my recently deceased aunt in the other dimension and as she is not completely detached from our 3d world she was playing kitchen there. So as to call her attention and check if she would recognize me there i started to act foolishly eating with my hands instead of using kitchen utensils. There she ran after me and grabbed my right waist and pressed much bothered. After reprimanding me she let go off my wrist.Ano 1 i do believe your little niece was playing kitchen with her grandmother.

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:52 pm

Me too.

tony123
test

Post by tony123 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:39 am

My wife passed away tragically recently.
The tragedy ignited a transformation in my most rooted creeds cause i had always been extremely self-conscious and fearful to let my feelings show.
It was a surmount of psychic experiences to be uncovered, to be released to the domain of the public knowledge.
I felt an urging feeling of disclosing everything being attentive to the karma law that prescribes that one just cannot lie to oneself without affecting the Cosmic Law.
One can interpret the Cosmic Law as belonging to the 10 commendments given by God to Moses. Whatever it may be called, in my opinion there are Laws regulating the Universe and they cannot be broken without damage to the one who has broken them.
I mean disclosing having met a dead aunt in other dimension, being assertive over the existence of the 'after life', is being vulnerable to being ridiculed.
NDERs and supposed psychics can get extremely sensitive to critics.
Fortunately we still can find spaces like this one.
Disclosing subjective experiences 'ain't' easy.

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:33 pm

For sure, Tony.
I'm sorry about your loss.

tony123
test

Post by tony123 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:35 am

:D :D :D :D :D

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:15 am

My father died in November 2009. My former husband died April 2010.

Dream in the Summer of 2010

I was looking down a long gallery, the kind you see in Hampton Court or Versailles. It was about 20-30 feet wide. To my right were a long series of glazed doors leading to the outside gardens. To my left were a long series of ‘hidden’ doors, concealed by the same wallpaper as the walls. There were chandeliers and a red carpet.

The gallery was thronged with people standing in groups and chatting with each other.

First I saw R, (my former husband), a few yards down on the right hand side. He was alone. He didn’t see me. He had his hand on the handle of the glazed door and was looking at the garden beyond. He had a serious, pensive look on his face. He looked as he did when aged about 35 years old and was wearing the green suit he used to wear then.

Then I noticed, a bit further down the gallery, my father standing alone on the left hand side with his hand on the handle of one of the ‘hidden’ doors. He also looked serious and pensive. His hair was dark with a little grey at the sides, looking as he had done in his mid-50s & wearing the clothes I remember he typically wore around that age. He didn’t see me looking at him.

Neither he nor R seemed aware of me or each other.
I didn’t think or feel anything. I just observed the scene.

louie313
test

Post by louie313 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:40 am

My beloved dad passed away on March 17,1996. That night me and my twin brother had the exact dream . We heard our mother (she passed away 7 years earlier) scolding him for being so difficult while we were caring for him.

Within the last year I get a tingling sensation around my scalp and have visions of relatives and friends who have passed away. I have also seen images of a spirit (like a pink ghost) flash across the room.

I want to make sense of it but feel I need help in understanding it. This is one of the reason I joined this site. I also do meditation to relax and ease bodily pains.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:43 am

Post away as much as you want as we love to read as much as people love to post

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

LifeReview
test

Post by LifeReview » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:02 pm

louie313 wrote:
Thanks for hearing me out.
We are glad you are here!

Meditation is interesting stuff

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:47 am

Cathy, For many years I have, at times, gotten very clear, vivid, images of people, places, etc. ...some confirmed later as real events, others.. I'll never know what they meant. At one time these images frustrated, yet fascinated me. They came so often that I asked not to receive them and for a long time I didn't - but, some part of me missed them and I asked to be able to again receive them. Now, I get these kinds of images only occasionally.

Louie, I too, get vague images of something moving across a room, etc. For me, this, happens frequently. I don't know what it is that I see, but I do see something. Once it seemed that four colored lights, bright blue, red, yellow and green seemed to dance and fly through the house, as if they were giggling and having fun; other times they have been hazy, black or white. (This is something I have never told anyone other than here at this site, because it sounds too crazy) These things also, happened when I worked the night shift in a nursing home. They weren't always associated with death or impending death. And, they never made me feel frightened... just curious.

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:29 am

Thank you for your post Ann.

I have had sudden images flash into my mind of people and scenarios which I sense are far away from where I am. This tends to happen as I'm drifting off to sleep and I can't be sure whether they are an objective reality - or - my own brain preparing for dreaming during sleep. Occasionally, though, the same kind of thing happens when I'm wide awake and definitely not getting ready to dream.

Even in a forum dedicated to discuss such things I feel hesitant!

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:55 am

If you haven't read this STE: John K STE
I recommend you do!

It is a beautifully described experience and very comforting & reassuring to read. This man was a novice Benedictine monk when he had his STE. Afterwards, in a highly emotional state, he went to the Noviciate Master's room at 3.15 am to tell him about it. He was received with empathy & belief.

I had an indescribable experience when I was just turned 16 and still attending a Convent day school. It was 23rd October 1963.

Shortly after I put my light out to sleep, but was still fully awake, an experience began which I don't have proper words to explain at the moment, except just to say that there was a 'presence' at the foot of my bed in a bluish light. I was afraid. In my mind I said, 'Go away, go away!' - and after a few seconds it began to fade.

While lying there, recovering and wondering what it could have been - it came back.

I don't want to say anymore right now because I have to formulate the words to tell. Anyway, afterwards, I felt that I must immediately go and tell the Priest who was attached to the Convent. So I quickly got dressed, left a note in case my absence was discovered, then ran a couple of miles to the Priest's house.

I rang his doorbell for a long time, (it was about 1.00 in the morning). It took a while to wake him up, but he eventually opened his bedroom window and asked who it was. I told him and then began to tell him I needed to talk to him because something had happened to me.

He asked if my parents knew that I was out & I said 'No'. Then he asked, 'Have you done something foolish?' and I said 'No'. So he just said he would see me at school in the morning.

I went home and was too afraid to go back to my room & so sat in the kitchen until it was time to 'get up'.

LifeReview
test

Post by LifeReview » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:40 am

Cathy,

Thank you for posting your experience and for finding that STE. That's exactly what we need! To find those interesting cases.

We need a volunteer to find the most interesing NDE for the week or month too, so we can feature it, and maybe record it.

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:15 pm

Hello Misha

I think I've read every single word of every single account on the trilogy of sites at NDERF! I'd be pleased to suggest quite a few after re-visiting them and getting the correct reference for them! I said somewhere before on these forums, reading the accounts over these last 14? 15? years has been uplifting - it's given me, and no doubt hundreds of thousands of others, hope, reassurance and a reason to continue trying to bear an often hard-to-bear world.

I will also try to put the experience I had into words. The Priest completely lost interest when he I told him I had not 'done something foolish'. The next morning at school he came to fetch me from the classroom so that I could give him a full account of what I had wanted to tell him. He was so irritated that I just gave him the blandest of explanations. The following Sunday at Mass during the Sermon, an "anonymous person", (me), was mentioned as 'believing they had had a vision', (that isn't at all what I'd told him!), and that the Church knew very well how to recognise those most likely to experience this kind of thing - and those who weren't.

I was relieved I hadn't confided in anyone else, so no one knew that I was the culprit :-)

Cathy

Jem7
test

Post by Jem7 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:35 pm

CathyK wrote:The following Sunday at Mass during the Sermon, an "anonymous person", (me), was mentioned as 'believing they had had a vision', (that isn't at all what I'd told him!), and that the Church knew very well how to recognise those most likely to experience this kind of thing - and those who weren't
These organized religions really hurt their own credibility when they dismiss REAL first-hand spiritual experience, but then act like experts just because they've read a much older book about spiritual experience. The word 'Arrogance' doesn't even seem to cover it adequately.

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:44 pm

Priests and Nuns were real figures of fearful authority when I was young. It may have change a bit now. When I was at school it was pre-Vatican Two and it was very straight laced indeed.
Cathy

bfoster5705
test

Post by bfoster5705 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:33 pm

These dreams and almost visions are explained in the doctrine of Spiritism. Spiritism tells us that we are all immortal spirits, who come to earth to learn valuable lessons and to pay for our sins in past lives. When we are asleep, our souls can escape our bodies and communicate with other spirits. Our memories of those encounters are not perfect, they may be visions or pieces of conversations, but they are real. Not all dreams, but some. You can explore more about Spiritism, in the article on this site: http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/Articles/nde_spiritism.htm

Since becoming a Spiritist, I have been recording my dreams, only the ones I suspect of having meaning. I had one dream about a year and a half ago, where I was told I would become a new man, after that I started reading about spirits, etc. and today I certainly consider myself a new man.

I would encourage all of you to start recoding your stand-out dreams and see where they lead. It is fascinating.

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:17 am

Hello Bfoster

I have written down some of my dreams. Here's one which I dreamed a short while after my father died. I think Jung would have seen a clear meaning. Freud would not.

Dream in the early morning of 14.2.10
I was carrying a small child around with me, impersonally, like a piece of luggage. It was a girl aged about 2. She was wet, cold and dirty. Her nose was running and she was barefoot. She must have been very uncomfortable but didn’t cry or complain. Throughout the dream I didn’t speak to her at all. She seemed to tolerate her discomfort and being lugged about with me.

Eventually I noticed how uncomplaining and compliant she was; she wasn’t any trouble. I decided I should get her a clean dress and some socks. I did obtain these things, but don’t remember where I got them.

Someone directed me to a tower and told me to go to the first floor. I went, taking the child with me. When I arrived at a circular, stone tower – like a tower in a medieval castle - I went to the first floor and put the child down on a bed. From a window I could see, a very long distance away, my father sitting amongst some rocks on a high, bleak, ‘moorland’ type of landscape. A Monk came into the room and told me many things which I cannot remember. He told me to take the child to my father.

I set off, carrying the child, up a long, barren looking, rock strewn path, towards the place where my father was. As I walked the realisation dawned on me that this child was myself.

As this realisation came to me, I was abruptly woken up by my dog nudging me with his nose. The dream was, therefore, cut short and I therefore didn’t get to reach my father. I later tried to go back to sleep to resume the dream, but it didn’t happen.
This incomplete dream had a profound effect on me. It was significant and not an ordinary dream.

Marguy
test

Post by Marguy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:10 pm

I had a dream, long years ago, that came twice one year apart.
(Fyi we have a very old house, build in 1768, which over the years needed a lot of work done.)
In the first dream, my husband and I were working behind our house. When we were digging a hole close to the rear wall, suddenly a whole part of the wall gave way, and we discovered that there was something like a cellar underneath the house. We got flashlights and entered this dark cellar, and found a really huge, huge, cellar, much bigger than the whole surface of our real house. There were wooden poles that were holding the ceiling of the cellar and there were lots of spiderwebs and dust. But I looked at this cellar and I felt an extreme happiness. There was so much space! And I was thinking how much I could do here, to make this space a valuable livable room. I thought that I even could build a new bathroom there. (note: that at that time we had an old bathroom with only one toilet for the whole house.)
Then I woke up and was still very happy, but also sad that it was only a dream. The dream was in a way speaking to me.
I interpreted it in the way, that I thought, this house in my dream, was me, my personality, and that something opened in me, something that I didn't know of before. Something that needed work to be done.

A year after. In the second dream I was again in the huge cellar, but in the cellar, walls had been lifted, electricity was there. The cellar seemed smaller to me. But the walls had not yet any finish. In another room apart, there was a bathroom, that contained already a really big tub. There were building people who were supposed to put the tiles on the wall, but they were sitting in the filled tub and playing around instead of working, and I got really mad at them.
When I woke up I was not very satisfied with me, as I had the feeling that I could have done a better work in this cellar.
But in fact something had been opened in me. My spirituality had gotten more room. Actually this dream never came back afterwards.
Marguy

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:55 pm

That's wonderful Marguy! It's wonderful that you understood the meaning of each of the two dreams when you dreamt them and were able to take their meanings on board.

I didn't properly understand the meaning of my own dream - which I posted here before yours - I tried to go back to sleep to reach the conclusion. Only just NOW when rereading what I wrote in 2010 did I understand that I didn't need to conclude the dream. Realising that the child was me was the whole point of the dream. Strange it took all this time to understand that this was the reason for the dream.

Marguy
test

Post by Marguy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:02 pm

Well Cathy,
I knew that this dream had a signification, and I remembered it always very well until today. There was a time when I wrote my dreams down, if I remembered them in the morning, but if I didn't have them in the booklet I wouldn't remember them. Even if I read them I don't really remember them. But this dream was different. Lately I don't even know if I dreamed. Maybe this is due to the meditations, it's a guess.

Have a nice weekend.
Marguy

Marguy
test

Post by Marguy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:21 am

Hi Cathy,

Last night I had a few thoughts about your dream. Well, your dream was talking to me. I'm convinced that what you felt, namely that this child was you, is the truth.
But it was an aspect of you that had been separated from you since some time, an aspect that had remained childish, and your reaction when carrying that child shows an emotional detachment, you had outgrown it, but was still carrying it along. In your account the child seemed to be neglected, alone, 'wet and cold' as you said, but you still had to carry it. The child was a lonely and sad child. But you felt that you had to care for it even so you were not emotionally involved anymore, and while doing so you realized that the child reacted to your caring, to your engagement. The monk probably told you that it was time to let your child go. As it most possibly was related to your father in some way, you were told to give the child to where it belonged, to your father.
What I see here is some grieving that was done in a childish way and then it changed and acceptance set in.
We all have unsaid things, in relation with our parents, some good and some bad. When our parents leave, we realize that it is to late to clear them.

Even that your dog kissed you awake like sleeping beauty is a good omen. :lol:
Have a nice day
Marguy

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:29 am

Good morning Marguy - and Happy Mother's Day!

I think your intepretation of my dream is broadly correct. I said it was probably a 'Jungian' type of dream where the unconscious mind speaks to the conscious mind during sleep, rather than an OBE experience - albeit just as vivid and clearly remembered. In addition to the subconscious mind, Jung also spoke of the 'collective unconscious' where all mankind are connected - maybe the interface between the spirit and the material.

The monk in this dream wore robes but no hood and I could see his face. He was warm and friendly. But I've seen another kind of 'monk': I didn't know whether it was male or female. Wearing drab grey with a hood which came so far forward that the face was obscured - in fact, it just looked black and empty inside the hood as far as I could tell. We were going together somewhere for an important reason, I don't know what. This monk was telling me something as we flew along, above pavement level of the road of shops in the village where I then lived. The village clock read 3.15. I'm sure this wasn't a dream. I was 14 or 15. I've never forgotten it, but the reason for it is a mystery.

Are you a dream interpreter Marguy?

Cathy

Marguy
test

Post by Marguy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:50 pm

No Cathy,
I'm no dream interpreter. Sometimes dreams 'speak' to me, meaning with this that I understand them in a way. I'm never sure that what I feel or think is correct. So when I was thinking about your dream, the 'neglected child' 'spoke' to me. My imagination is making somersaults.
Marguy

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:08 pm

Marguy - if you are not a dream interpreter then you are, at least, highly intuitive!

spater reden - tschus

Trinschen K
(I think this may be derogatory.... short for my own name, but used as a spass I think!) :-)

Mirenithil
test

Post by Mirenithil » Mon May 05, 2014 1:35 pm

This was a spiritually significant dream for me that incorporated a couple NDE-like elements:

When I was in grade school in the early-mid 80s, like today, there were ongoing tensions with the Middle East. The news was focused on it pretty much on a nightly basis. Not that I really watched the news - what kid that age really does? - but it sort of got through to me all the same. Of course, the message then was that they were Bad and Wrong and Evil, and that America (synonymous with The Bastion of Freedom) had to take a stand against whatever it was the oh so evil ones were doing. This cultural attitude of Us vs. Them was quite sincere at the time.

So against this background of messages of absolutely earnest Good!Noble!Freedom!Us vs. Evil!Them I had a dream one night that has deeply affected me all my life. I may have been in fifth grade at the time. I doubt I was much older. The dream started out in the sort of nonsensical way dreams do, but didn’t stay that way.

In this dream, I was President of the US of A. Those oh so evil Middle Easterners had demanded the death of every single person in the USA. As President, I offered myself in their place. They accepted the trade and marched me off; there were two ordinary Middle Eastern men dressed as I saw them in the news every night, both with bayonet rifles at my back. The situation was direly tense. We walked over a desolate wasteland of nothing but a material like broken bricks or broken pottery for a while. I’m not sure where they were taking me. But the ground we were walking on turned out to be poisoned, though we didn’t know it, and it poisoned me through my feet. Eventually I fell down, not realizing I’d died. I stood up, looked down, and saw my body lying there. That’s when I realized I was dead. I turned around in time to see the two men behind me also standing up out of -their- bodies. And this is where the dream stops being merely normal-dream-weird.

Just like that, the previously deadly serious tension between us was completely evaporated; it was like it had never actually been real. In a way, it hadn’t been. It was exactly like we were actors who had finished their roles in a play - our roles in life had been just roles on a stage all along, and we never knew it. Even though those roles were extremely important and serious in the play, they were just roles after all, and nothing more. Now that the play was through, the actual reality, how things were and how they always had really been, was obvious: we were exactly the same; there was no division or distinction between us, as though we were old friends. The two of them departed on a friendly note through a tunnel that appeared nearby. I wasn’t quite brave enough to walk through it, so I didn't follow them in, and there the dream ended. Many years later, I heard of ‘near death experiences,’ and realized that this dream shared some elements of one - but in 1985 or so in a small, conservative farm town, I’d never heard of them.

Ever since that dream I have not been able to take any kind of human division or distinction seriously, no matter who clings to them however tightly.

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Mon May 05, 2014 2:07 pm

Hello Mirenithil! You are new here! I'm so pleased you've joined us.

Yes, your dream was significant. It was no ordinary dream - it taught you that we are all actors playing the role allotted to us in this life. The persona we present to the world, (and most of us believe is our true selves), is only a sort of Avatar ;-)

Speaking of avatars: are you going to put a picture of yourself up? Hope you do! But I know it's not your true self, it's the representation of the actor you are in this life!

Cathy

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Mon May 05, 2014 9:29 pm

Mirenithil,
I think that is the coolest dream ever. Very realistic. Wow.

Mirenithil
test

Post by Mirenithil » Wed May 07, 2014 6:52 am

Cathy: Thank you for your kind response. At this point I have no intention of making an avatar, because as I've never had an actual NDE, I don't know how much of a contribution I can really make to these boards. My apologies.

Ano1: Thank you. Because there was a lot of silly regular dream stuff in that dream, the reality of the heart and soul of it that you recognized, the realization, can get sort of pooh-poohed by association. The reality of it, though, is that it's affected me in a fundamental way all my life since, releasing me from the kind of automatic attitude of tribalism that seems to be a more or less default setting in human nature.

LifeReview
test

Post by LifeReview » Wed May 07, 2014 12:43 pm

Hi Mirenithil,

Welcome!
Having an NDE is not required on these boards! Feel free to make posts and to discuss things that interest you. If you have not had an NDE, one easy way to help us is to mention an NDE case that you thought was interesting and to explain why.

suzy
test

Post by suzy » Thu May 29, 2014 1:18 am

Hi,
I am new and decided to read this section. Wow. It is nice to see people have various experiences and look at things in a spiritual manner, it helps me not to feel so "crazy" or weird. thanks for sharing.

i went through a period where I had tons of spiritually significant dreams and then all of a sudden, I hardly remember any dreams. I found it a comfort for me to have these dreams because it helped me to remember that I am not so alone in this huge universe. It seems that I have an inner longing to feel connected to things other than our earthly physical experiences. Knowing that there is more that meets the eye!

I don't understand why there are moments when dreams are remembered and moments when they are not.
However, I read somewhere that many times in our dreams we are actually living them and meeting with others in our dreams that they too are a reality. (a bit confusing) Yet, normally when I remember my dreams, I don't know the people in real life who are in my dreams but they are like good friends in my dream. Sometimes I have dreams of places that I have never been too or living styles (cultures) that I am not aware of and then later, I find myself in similar places, or for example: I would dream of a tree species that I never seen before and then years later be in a place where that tree exists!

What is that?

And yes, sometimes I would feel a "presence" in my room, or smell that familiar smell. Some times, the hair on the back of my head would rise and I would tell it to go away. Sometimes, I would know that it was an angel of some sort to protect the family, and go back to sleep peacefully. But for the past 5 years or so, most of that stuff has stopped. Except for random dreams. haha, I could go on for a long time listing my dreams! But I won't...if I have any new ones, I will share them!
Thanks for letting me share!

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:55 am

Hi Suzy - please tell your old dreams! Don't just wait to tell the new ones when the occur!

Cathy

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:24 am

Although this wasn't quite an Spiritually Transformative Experience, nor a Spiritually Significant Dream ~ the following experience has left me wondering what on earth it was .....

On Mothers' Day this year, (30th March in England), my eldest daughter gave me a gift voucher for a "full body Aromatherapy Massage with Ayurvedic Hot Stones". On Monday 16th June I had the massage which lasted more than two hours.

During the first part of the massage I lay on my front and the Therapist and I chatted from time to time. As I became more and more relaxed we stopped talking. After an hour or so, she asked me to roll over. She told me that she was going to place an amethyst on my "third eye, the sixth chakra". When she'd done that, I could feel the warmth radiating from her hands as she held them just above my face.

Then suddenly I felt something happening ~ it felt as if the place where the amethyst was, just above and between my eyebrows was opening up and through my closed eyelids I could see bright mauve light. Moments later I had a very strong visual image, so strong I almost actually physically saw, golden coloured cubes coming out of my head and floating up to the ceiling; this was immediately followed by brilliant, shimmering, liquid 'diamonds' or 'droplets', falling down from above and into my head.

I don't know anything about chakras or 3rd eyes. I have never experienced anything like this before.

Talking later to my daughter and son-in-law, who have both been to this Therapist in the past, my son-in-law told me that on one occasion something similar happened to him. He saw bright red and a rotating seated figure of Buddha. My son in law is a 'hard headed realist' and I would never have expected him to say such a thing.

Does anyone here know anything about this? Is there an explanation?

LifeReview
test

Post by LifeReview » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi Cathy,
I can't explain it, but we have just set up a new Eastern Cafe, which might be a really cool place if people will share their knowledge about chakras! What a cool experience you had!

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:35 pm

Thanks Misha!

I will take a look!

Cathy

indigoblue65
test

Scared out of my mind! Anyone know what this could mean?Drea

Post by indigoblue65 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Misha edit: