Post by dnix71 » Sat May 03, 2014 11:37 pm

http://www.fatheralexander.org/booklets ... _death.htm

Some English and some Russian sources.

CathyK
test

Re: A nice concise web page on NDE

Post by CathyK » Sun May 04, 2014 5:41 am

Hello David

I've read this before. It's wonderful! Thanks for posting the link.

Cathy

bfoster5705
test

Post by bfoster5705 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:26 pm

I liked the article, but I disagree with his point on reincarnation, he said;
The teachings of reincarnation do not in essence solve the problems of immortality, because memory of previous lives is not retained which would be a prerequisite of a singular personality. The reincarnated becomes a different person, at times not even a person but something different. The theosophical understanding of the world is in conflict with personality and is, therefore, in conflict with man. The theosophical deity is without personality, as is his man. The deity, mankind and nature are all different forms of the absolute.
His point is how can reincarnation be helpful when we don't remember our past lives. Spiritism supplies the answer.Are we a completely blank slate, always starting over? No, for in The Gospel According to Spiritism, we are told, “God has given us for our advancement precisely what is necessary and what will be enough for us: the voice of conscience and our instinctive tendencies, taking from us what could harm us.”[4] The underlines are mine. These are the two main levers of our behavior. If our conscience (or instinct) tells us something is wrong, I suggest it is doing so with the wisdom of hundreds, if not thousands, of years of experience behind it.

Plus, we are here to learn lessons, in The Gospel According to Spiritism, it says, “A spirit is frequently reborn into the same environment in which it has already lived, and finds itself in relationships with the same individuals in order to repair the evil it did to them. If it were to recognize in them those whom it used to hate, perhaps its hatred would reawaken. In any case, it would feel humiliated in the presence of those it offended.” Therefore, the need to forget the past, not only in our present life, but from other lives is a necessity to be able to learn and to forgive others and to grow spiritually.

I have an article on this subject at : http://nwspiritism.com/why-childhood-is ... carnation/

Jem7
test

Post by Jem7 » Tue May 13, 2014 4:43 am

bfoster,

It always seemed weird to me that we would reincarnate in order to "improve/learn" but then we don't carry all of our memories (an important part of learning). Apparently the process is more complex and subtle, and not so black and white. You explained it perfectly and it makes sense!