Buddhism and reincarnation

Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
dnix71
test

Buddhism and reincarnation

Post by dnix71 » Wed May 14, 2014 11:27 am

Animals usually behave better than she gives these credit. Anti-government protestors have set traffic cones to mark areas for their own people to avoid to keep them out of the line of fire. Anyone who moves a cone does so at the risk of their life. A Thai colonel was shot and beaten by protestors for moving one blocking the road on his way home.

The distraught mother of the colonel read out an emotional statement at a police station earlier this month, asking how such violence was possible in a Buddhist country that prides itself on gentleness.

"A Buddhist monk once told me that many animals have been reincarnated as humans," said the mother, Bang-ornat Wattanakul. "I didn't understand it. But now I do. These men still behave like wild animals.

http://www.abc27.com/story/25511590/hol ... hai-crisis

dumbledore
test

Re: Buddhism and reincarnation

Post by dumbledore » Mon May 26, 2014 7:42 am

Based on my experience, I believe the essence develops through the animal kingdom from simple to complex organisms until it's ready to enter human form. After this, there is some time as a human to try and develop spiritually. The psychological factors from the animal kingdom are carried into the human lives and they begin to become perverted by the intellect. For example, the simple urge to eat slowly becomes gluttony since with the intellect we can plan and indulge. The spiritual struggle is to "master" these drives before they master us.

If a certain number of lives are lived without overcoming these factors, they become irreversibly perverse and the essence goes down through the animal kingdom again, going through a process of dissolution and return to the Source without self-awareness. This evolution/devolution is why we see two sides to many types of animals, one is usually more pure and the other seemingly perverse. For example, mice vs. rats, eagles vs. vultures, butterflies vs. moths, dogs vs. hyenas, ladybugs vs. cockroaches, etc. The devolutionary animals have psychological factors that have been perverted for many human lives by the intellect, as where their evolutionary cousins have not yet been perverted.

Jem7
test

Post by Jem7 » Thu May 29, 2014 4:59 am

Hi Dumbledore!

Cool stuff you wrote.
It makes a lot of sense. I am not sure if human souls and animal souls have any ability to become each other. Many modern psychics say that we are in different soul groups and that we don't become each other, but who cares, a loving Source is in charge of the process, and it all seems to work out. What is more interesting, is that we get transformed by millions of small choices -evolving or degrading. THAT makes a lot of sense until people start saying there is no time. How do we reach a goal and evolve without time? It doesn't make logical sense, but it makes spiritual sense somehow.

BTW, this is a good reason not to judge jerks. They might be a drug addict, thief, whatever, NOW, but they are certainly not going to be that later after good or bad choices. So, I don't really look down on anyone. I DO however often thank Source for the spot I'm in now, and the protections I probably got along the way.

bfoster5705
test

Post by bfoster5705 » Sat May 31, 2014 1:31 pm

According to Spiritism, only humans reincarnate as humans. Animals do have souls and they are reincarnated, but as the same animal. I have read books, where there are dogs and horses in the spirit world (Nossa Lar and Memoirs of a Suicide).

I have also listened to a lecture by a person who know Chico Xavier; One time Chico asked a lady, who had a dog on her lap, seated next to him, "How long have you had that dog?"

The lady replied, "Oh about 5 years"

Chico told her, "No, you have had that dog on and off for the last 500 years".

I thought that was wonderful, that our beloved pets could follow us from one life to the next.

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi Brian

Animals having/being living souls ...
The lady replied, "Oh about 5 years"

Chico told her, "No, you have had that dog on and off for the last 500 years".

I thought that was wonderful, that our beloved pets could follow us from one life to the next.

That's a comfort - I loved my deceased dog and would like us to stick together one way or another. But what is the ultimate destiny of a dog - or any other animal. Even an ameoba?

Hi Dumbledore

I've got difficulty going along with this. It's such a hopeless and depressing scenario!
This evolution/devolution is why we see two sides to many types of animals, one is usually more pure and the other seemingly perverse. For example, mice vs. rats, eagles vs. vultures, butterflies vs. moths, dogs vs. hyenas, ladybugs vs. cockroaches, etc. The devolutionary animals have psychological factors that have been perverted for many human lives by the intellect, as where their evolutionary cousins have not yet been perverted.

Hi David

The link you posted has gone, but your comment:
'Animals usually behave better than she gives these credit'

Hi Jem
THAT makes a lot of sense until people start saying there is no time. How do we reach a goal and evolve without time?
If "time" only exists where there is space and matter, then there is only Eternity in the non-material creation. If all that there is was created "simultaneously", we are all fully spiritually evolved beings. Our 'souls' in Eternity have already done all that was envisaged at the start of the material universe(s).

Cathy

dnix71
test

Post by dnix71 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:18 pm

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:35 am

Good morning David

Thank you for the updated link.

I forgot to comment on your quote:
'Animals usually behave better than she gives these credit'
Absolutely! Animals behave well.

Cathy

bfoster5705
test

Post by bfoster5705 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:03 pm

According to Spiritism, animals have souls and upon death pass onto the spirit world, just like humans. In the books by psychographed by Chico Xavier, by the Spirit Andre Luiz, he tells of dogs and horses being used to assist the Spirits as they descend into the lower zone to help lost human souls.

That even trees have a presence, an aura, of some sort. I have never read anything about a single celled animal, but I would like to find out. If I do, I will let you know.

CathyK
test

Post by CathyK » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:42 am

Hello Brian

Thank you.

Cathy