Being in touch with the spirit world

Unusual Experiences, Philosophy,Hinduism, Buddhism, Reincarnation
jacobsings
test

Being in touch with the spirit world

Post by jacobsings » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:34 pm

There is this dream vision that I had when I was a baby. I was in a yellow sky at the top of a staircase that dropped off on the way down. There were these voices that were singing a chant like piece. There was a bright light out in front of me telling me to go down. I was scared to. Could that be a memory of my pre life?

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Being in touch with the spirit world

Post by Garry » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:37 am

jacobsings wrote:There is this dream vision that I had when I was a baby. I was in a yellow sky at the top of a staircase that dropped off on the way down. There were these voices that were singing a chant like piece. There was a bright light out in front of me telling me to go down. I was scared to. Could that be a memory of my pre life?

We hear are not qualified to answer questions such as that with a definitive answer , but we may give our opinions !

I believe it could be but its what you believe that matters

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

Marguy
test

Post by Marguy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:12 am

Hi jacobsings,
Welcome at the forum.
Here my opinion:
There are some things that indicate either a memory of prelife or an early NDE.
1) Having a memory of a dream vision as a baby is quite rare. Normally children have no or very rare and blurred memories of their baby time. Except a few NDE's I read talking about events in baby age with quite acurate memory..
2) The way this vision develops. It suggests a spiritual experience.
I'm not sure if most babies know what a staircase is or would know of the danger going down a staircase.
It would be worth, asking your parents if maybe there was a life threatening incident happening in your early life.
For the rest I would join Garry's suggestion.
How do you feel about it?

jacobsings
test

Post by jacobsings » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:13 pm

Who's Garry? BTW is there a way that I can tap into past life and between life memories? I'm also curious of how people astral project and talk to the dead. I do pray a bit and talk to my deceased mother who died almost a year ago through dreams.

jacobsings
test

Post by jacobsings » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:21 am

I see his post now!

Marguy
test

Post by Marguy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:22 am

jacobsings wrote: BTW is there a way that I can tap into past life and between life memories? I'm also curious of how people astral project and talk to the dead.
Well with this I cannot help as I myself don't know how to do things like this.
But you might search on other websites and find things.
I also would suggest that you read through the archives of oberf.org (OBEs) or adcrf.org (ADCs) where people are writing about their experiences.

jacobsings
test

Post by jacobsings » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:00 pm

Thanks.

jacobsings
test

Post by jacobsings » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:26 am

I don't mean to get dramatic, but I saw something on a documentary that really bothered and upset me! I heard of few N.D.E.s that involve gods little eternal "torture chamber" or "holocaust" that people go to for finite wrongs! There is NOTHING you can do that deserves THAT kind of punishment to torture forever! What kind of "omnibenevolent" God would allow such a thing!? What would it accomplish!? How would it help them learn and get better!? I've heard other people who research this stuff say that if they do get punished that it is not for ever, and that afterwards they might keep reincarnating until they have learned all of their lessons and eventually they make it back to their heavenly home! Isn't THAT what a decent God would want...!?

ccndr
test

Post by ccndr » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:26 am

jacobsings wrote:Isn't THAT what a decent God would want...!?
The challenge to each individual is to choose the source of truth that they are guided by. This is ultimately an act of faith, no matter the source. There are lots of voices calling out to us, including my own reasoning.

Personally, I start the filtering process by separating the underlying spirit of the voice - does it draw towards hurtfulness and selfishness or does it draw towards love and service? Is it consistent with the profound command "Love God with all your heart, love your neighbor as yourself"?

I read, ponder, filter, choose... it is a life-long journey.

Why can't we just know? I don't know. Why are there are many conflicting voices? I don't know. Why is there so much conflict? I don't know. Can I trust my own reasoning in these matters? I don't think so. But I assume that someday I will know and understand. But I'm not allowed to, right now, right here.

Marguy
test

Post by Marguy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:57 am

I translated more than 400 NDEs and came upon some of those NDEs, though they are quite rare. But in some of the 'nice' NDEs some people also saw something like a 'hell' and had similar questions toward Light beings, and were told that God does not put those people in the torment, but that they chose it themselves. They also were shown that there are always Light beings waiting to help those that are ready to get out. I came to the conclusion (be aware this is only my own opinion) that whatever happens on the other side is interactive between us (our 'soul being') and the other side.

The 'Source, Creator, God, Light etc...' is pure love. He can only be joined by pure love (light), otherwise He would not be 'Pure Love, pure Light' anymore. Where there is Light cannot be darkness. A 'soul', because of bad feelings, fear, hate, evil addictions, any bad darkness etc... that it cannot let go of when parting, would probably not be able to join 'God, the Light', until it would understand how to let go of all this and free its innate love (light) part, that then would be able to join 'God'. I'm also convinced that on the other side, what we think we do create immediately.
We also do this here, but we have to use a body to translate it into our lives, so it doesn't happen immediately, and we are even not always aware that we do this.
This is my 'explanation' after reading all those accounts. I don't say this is the truth as I don't know the truth.

I still would suggest to read as many NDE accounts as possible and then think about them. There are big variations in them but almost all tell us that it's love that is the most important thing in life and death. As we all know and feel, that love is good and helpful and nice for ourselves, we all are searching it one way or another, it would make sense to try to give as much love as possible.

As a very old lady told me once, more than 37 years ago, when she helped me and family. When we thanked her she said:
Don't thank me. You help someone else and that will be my thanks. And when you helped this other person, you tell it the same thing. In the end the thanks will come someway back to you.
How right she was!

jacobsings
test

Post by jacobsings » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:29 am

Thank you so much! I feel so much better now! I am always trying to do good for others out of the goodness of my heart! This was very helpful! :)

czjosef
test

Post by czjosef » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:23 pm

Hi Jacobsing,
Do not worry - there are more misunderstandings than awareness to do wrong things. I am consider that 98% people are good and not devious, just they are not able to see troubles from a distance - from sun, or from other galaxy - we are very personal only, It means only, we are not able to see world from other views. We still are very egoistic -for example - in religions
JP

DennisMe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DennisMe » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:05 pm

As far as Hell is concerned I can say a little from a leftist Chrsitian perspective.
There is really not that much in the Bible on the hereafter. The focus of those books is square in the here and now. There is an interesting kind of progression, from ancient texts which were not concerned at all with an afterlife to the Christian new testament which alludes to it in stories and visions, dreams and so on. But still, quantitatively, its not all that much really.
The idea of a hell where souls are eternally tortured is not an obvious conclusion from the texts. Superficailly maybe, but not to anyone seriously studying the texts. There is a story Jesus told about this man who died and went to hell, separated from heaven by an 'unbridgeable divide'. The problem with these stories is that they weren't ever meant to be taken literally. They are 'learning stories' told to make a point, not an exact science. The rest is even more allegoric and dreamy (in a re-told NDE like way; ie the MEANING is normally WAY more important than what exactly happened; bare naked facts are our language, meaning is the language on the other side). In the culture of those days and those people a thousand years was an eternity, a hundred simply means 'a large number', certainly not "one times ten to the power of ten".
The only place talked about what we have come to call Hell it refers to "the valley of Hinoa", which was literally an existing place where the city refuse was burned. It symbolised the epitamy of evil because the culture before the jews settled Jerusalem used to offer their children to be burned as an offering to "Moloch". The bible says the flames never die there. It does not say that souls are tormented for all eternity. A lot of the imagery on Hell we have today arose in the middle ages.

I agree with you that the idea of a truly loving God does not fit with eternal damnation and vile torture. That is repulsive and nauseating and simply cannot be part of a God who is Love.
From what I have read in hundreds of NDE books and stories I think it boils down to Gods infinite respect (out of Love) for our individuality. Were he to force himself (I say him but gender is a ridiculous concept when applied to God) on a soul who is not 'ready' the lesser parts of that individual would have no chance of surviving in his presence. That would violate our free will, which is absolutely neccessary to our individuality. God wants us to be ourselves more than anything else. He didn't want an army of robots saying glory glory ad infinitum, he wants us to be who we are as God is who God is. Weare gods children in the most true way, and he loves every last lying cheating and murdering one of us. For the others he is of course equally thankful ;-)

jacobsings
test

Post by jacobsings » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:40 pm

Thanks. I am really into this stuff.

jacobsings
test

Post by jacobsings » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:26 am

Hello. I am very curious about near death and out of body experiences and connecting with loved ones and the spirit world. I know that there are a lot of skeptics who try to say that it's just an illusion, or no one really knows what happens when you die. What do you do about that and how do you back up your case? I am really curious to know how these things work.

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:24 am

jacobsings wrote:Hello. I am very curious about near death and out of body experiences and connecting with loved ones and the spirit world. I know that there are a lot of skeptics who try to say that it's just an illusion, or no one really knows what happens when you die. What do you do about that and how do you back up your case? I am really curious to know how these things work.
Good morning Jacobsings
I know that there are a lot of skeptics who try to say that it's just an illusion, or no one really knows what happens when you die. What do you do about that and how do you back up your case? I am really curious to know how these things work.
I have one word to answer to the question above .....

Faith

I have my Faith or my belief and it doesn't matter to me what anyone else thinks or says .

To me is All the comments you see on various web pages about ( anything ) there is always sombody who has to say something negative...

It took me a long time to learn , but I did learn it.....

If you can't say something nice , Then don't say anything at all.....

There will always be someone who has to cut down what someones else says or thinks as they feel it makes themselves more superior .....

That is my opinion for what it is worth

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

ccndr
test

Post by ccndr » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:11 am

jacobsings wrote:I am very curious about near death and out of body experiences and connecting with loved ones and the spirit world.
I think you are in very good company here... (except maybe for Garry -- JUST KIDDING!)

I, too, am very curious - never had an NDE myself. But the NDE reading here is rich (and confusing with all the variety) with information and ideas.

KenL
test

Post by KenL » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:07 am

Jacobsings,

Here is my take on Heaven and Hell. God is light, or life, generated by love. Hell is the absence of light, thus no love. They oppose each other continuously like a spectrum; like magnets that must repel. We are located in the middle of these opposing forces during our lives here on Earth. The key to human survival is our heart. We can fill it with hate, or we can fill it with love. We can have both at times, and it tears us apart. Right after we die we sometimes find ourselves in a dark void between the opposing forces. Most human spirits have experienced enough love in their lives that they seek the light out of the darkness like a moth to a flame. It's a natural process. Those of us who have a lump of coal for hearts do not seek the light, and are subject to remain in darkness and eventual torment. During my NDE I was tormented in the darkness for a brief time because my soul was connected to my sick body by a tether. I don't know why the tether existed, but it prevented me from going up to the light. During my torment I called out to God, and there appeared an Angel; he ended my torment, and he helped me move up to Heaven. I believe as God gathers more loving souls he becomes stronger.

Think positive thoughts, Jacobsings. Practice it. Remember the people in your life who showed you love, and keep that love in your heart. Groom it like a garden. Also, avoid the judgement seat like a plague. It's hard to smile and feel appreciation when we are critical and harsh. If you have loved someone who has passed on before you, think about them often, and thank them for your time together. They know it when we think about them. Sometimes they can reach out to help us stay strong.

LifeReview
test

Post by LifeReview » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:35 pm

Excellent advice from KenL. I would add to it: try not to be offended. Being offended means we are probably judging or being egoic. Ego is sometimes described as an unhealthy version of life energy. There are many things on the web for you to read about this stuff.

jacobsings
test

Post by jacobsings » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:16 pm

Someone wrote me this.

well, if the skeptics do their research and read the thousands of experiences of people who have nearly died , they will come to a certain conclusion that there is actually an afterlife, and we do have a soul and that the spiritual world is our real home, not here
and what kind of illusion can feel more real than this life? all who have had these experiences tell us that they felt more alert and that their senses were heightened and that they had 360 spherical vision, and that they actually saw and heard everything that was happening around them , be in the surgery room or an accident scene, which were later confirmed to be true , so many paramedics and doctors were and are still astonished by so many people who have had these experiences, and not everyone are lying ,
nearly most of the experiences have had large changing influence in the lives of those who have experienced these, no hallucination and illusion can have these influences,
so many of them have seen deceased relatives and actually talked to them , so many of them have been given information about their future which cam true, none of these are the result of hallucinations or illusions or the result of drugs or DMTs

What do you think of this?

jacobsings
test

Post by jacobsings » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:02 pm

Someone else also wrote me this.

I totally agree with what NDERF responded with. It is one of the best sites out there that I have been able to locate and the testimonies of those who have had a near death (actually death) experience (NDE) that are posted on that site can provide a lot of insight and answers to spiritual questions. It takes a while, but by piecing together the various tidbits of information found in many of those testimonies, as I have done over many years, a picture begins to emerge like putting together a puzzle and wallah spiritual truths are revealed I believe. My life and belief system have both been transformed as a result. Keep on keeping on is all I can say. Those who seek will find. My life now is far more meaningful than it ever was as a Bible thumping, evangelical Southern Baptist minister. About 45 years ago (I am now 75) the things I believed, taught, shared and preached were beginning not to add up in my mind. I began a quest to validate my faith, but just the opposite occurred. After doing much research to discover what made sense to me and stumbling upon the testimonies of those who have had a NDE, I think I would have become an atheist or agnostic at the very least had it not been for what I discovered within the testimonies of those who shared their testimonies, for which I am most grateful. Always happy to share more with those who might be interested.

What about this?

jacobsings
test

Post by jacobsings » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:06 am

What about people who say things like this!? "Oh well god gave you a choice. He doesn't force people. He gives us free will and you could ether choose to obey him and spend eternity in heaven, or you can disobey him and spend eternity in hell. God only made that place for Satan and his angels." Well if he's all powerful and loving, why would he even make such a place, let alone send people there for ALL ETERNITY!?

[comment from Misha: let's keep discussions about this in the Christianity Cafe. Otherwise, all the areas will have a million ideas, and the topic labels won't be very informative.]

LifeReview
test

Post by LifeReview » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:41 am

I think there is a thread in the Christianity Cafe regarding views about eternal punishment. Let's try to keep the thread on a single topic, if we can.

In general, it's best to stick with one topic per thread. It's OK to discuss a few topics, but it's better to not mix very different topics, for example, 'NDE white tunnel' and 'eternal punishment'.

jacobsings
test

Post by jacobsings » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:36 pm

Thanks. Sorry. I'll be more aware of that.