Beyond god?

Giulia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Beyond god?

Post by Giulia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:27 pm

Ask21771 wrote:Has anyone ever had an experience where they encountered something beyond god
Can you define "god", please? I am not quite sure I understand the question.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience

Visitor
test

Post by Visitor » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:40 am

I have experienced something that instantly felt alien...but i don't know if it was outside this ...whatwouldyoucall it..... Gestalt Consciousness?

I believe we are in a gestalt ...United god ....consciousness but that there are others that are different.

ExNihilo
test

Post by ExNihilo » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:14 pm

Depends on what you mean by 'God.' According to some definitions God is that than which nothing greater can be conceived, so going "beyond" God to something supposedly greater is a logical impossibility given the definition......

Still, in some other contexts, I can get what you're saying. The Hindu concept of Brahman, for example, is not 'God' in the theistic sense of a personal creator. This Brahman is synonymous with the Self of all beings and is ontologically higher than any deity you can set limits to.... Some Hindus even believe there really exists a personal God who manages karma and runs the world, but that even he is not as great as the Supreme Brahman..... just a thought.