Life reviews

Flight / Vived Imagery / Warmth
Life Review / Unbounded Love
Timelessness / Unusual Knowledge

Locked
MattMVS7
test
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Life reviews

Post by MattMVS7 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:58 pm

During a near death experience, people are said to have life reviews in which they relive the feelings they experienced from every single moment of their life. I worry about this because I have had some horrible nightmares with horrible feelings. If I ever have an nde in my life, then would I experience those same exact feelings from those nightmares at their same intensity during a life review?

Or would it instead be a matter of me simply experiencing something like fear from witnessing my own nightmares during a life review, but not actually experiencing the profound depths and horror of the feelings I actually experienced in those nightmares?

In other words, what I am asking here is would I experience an unpleasant feeling just as if I were looking at my own nightmare right here and now in the waking world? Or would I actually experience the nightmare just as I did when I had it? If it's the former, then I really don't have to worry that much since unpleasant feelings experienced in the waking world are nowhere near as intense and horrific as they are in nightmares. But if it's the latter, then I am very worried.



Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1169
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Life reviews

Post by Garry » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:41 am

Well hopefully to set your mind at ease , there is no point in worrying as it will be what it is and there is nothing you can do to change that.

Secondly , most NDE'rs seem to recognise that it is a life review and yes they experience the emotions again but they also seem to get a clear understanding of why they experienced those emotions which gives them some understanding of why.


Why Am I Here


One Look Dictionary

DennisMe
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Re: Life reviews

Post by DennisMe » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:21 am

Many people who report a life review speak of reviewing events that occurred in life which relate to their interactions with others.
I have never read a single NDE out of thousands that reports of re-living an earthly dream or nightmare. Note I don't mean the hellish NDEs which are a tiny percentage and most of which usually turn good in the end. Dreams and nightmares are usually trying to teach you something though, so you may want to think it through and see if you can benefit from them in some way.
As an illustration; I used to have a nightmare where I was a test technician in the air force working on a mock-up cockpit on a wooden tower when the tower collapsed and impaled me (at which point I "died" and woke up). This dream ultimately served to desensitize me to the fear I had of impalement (as a child). It was tough, but it sure worked!

I get the distinct impression that the life review is more like an 'upload' of life experiences into our new spiritual bodies, to prevent the valuable experiences from going to waste. Focus is normally on interactions with others. FI, poking another toddler in the eye when you were small or the time you called someone names and hurt them. Also all sorts of good experiences will be highlighted. In these cases you get to experience the pain and the joy from their end, which is the ultimate learning experience and should be seen as a great privilege, not as punishment! Additionally, there is often a loving presence there to help you through and provide comfort and assistance through the whole experience.

MattMVS7
test
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Re: Life reviews

Post by MattMVS7 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:32 am

DennisMe wrote:Many people who report a life review speak of reviewing events that occurred in life which relate to their interactions with others.
I have never read a single NDE out of thousands that reports of re-living an earthly dream or nightmare. Note I don't mean the hellish NDEs which are a tiny percentage and most of which usually turn good in the end. Dreams and nightmares are usually trying to teach you something though, so you may want to think it through and see if you can benefit from them in some way.
As an illustration; I used to have a nightmare where I was a test technician in the air force working on a mock-up cockpit on a wooden tower when the tower collapsed and impaled me (at which point I "died" and woke up). This dream ultimately served to desensitize me to the fear I had of impalement (as a child). It was tough, but it sure worked!

I get the distinct impression that the life review is more like an 'upload' of life experiences into our new spiritual bodies, to prevent the valuable experiences from going to waste. Focus is normally on interactions with others. FI, poking another toddler in the eye when you were small or the time you called someone names and hurt them. Also all sorts of good experiences will be highlighted. In these cases you get to experience the pain and the joy from their end, which is the ultimate learning experience and should be seen as a great privilege, not as punishment! Additionally, there is often a loving presence there to help you through and provide comfort and assistance through the whole experience.
What about during hellish ndes? Do they relive the exact feelings they experienced from their nightmares? Or are they not the exact feelings in all their intensity and horror as they were experienced in the nightmares, but rather a situation like me experiencing a normal feeling such as fear in the waking world from watching one of my own nightmares right now?

DennisMe
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Re: Life reviews

Post by DennisMe » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:22 am

Matt,
in hellish NDEs the experience is generally much worse than their worst nightmares. However, the chance of suffering a hellish NDE is very small. There may be a correlation between hellish NDEs and living a bad life, but I don't think there is enough data to be able to pin it down well. State of mind at time of 'departure' seems just as significant a factor, if not much more so. One thing I noticed is that when people find themselves in a hellish environment, asking for help from God or Jesus often seems to work wonders. I haven't analysed many hellish NDEs on this but its a trend I have spotted and its kind of hard to miss. God and Jesus represent love and focusing attention on love seems to be key to escaping such experiences. All the same nobody can tell 100% for sure because there are people who have suffered a negative NDE and not been immediately rescued after calling on God. Whether that means their experience was cut short and they returned before experiencing heaven is an interesting question. It would not surprise me.
As to your nightmares on earth: Face your demons! They feed off your fear, trusting that God will protect you and learning that through life is the best remedy if you ask me.

MattMVS7
test
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Re: Life reviews

Post by MattMVS7 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:03 am

DennisMe wrote:Matt,
in hellish NDEs the experience is generally much worse than their worst nightmares. However, the chance of suffering a hellish NDE is very small. There may be a correlation between hellish NDEs and living a bad life, but I don't think there is enough data to be able to pin it down well. State of mind at time of 'departure' seems just as significant a factor, if not much more so. One thing I noticed is that when people find themselves in a hellish environment, asking for help from God or Jesus often seems to work wonders. I haven't analysed many hellish NDEs on this but its a trend I have spotted and its kind of hard to miss. God and Jesus represent love and focusing attention on love seems to be key to escaping such experiences. All the same nobody can tell 100% for sure because there are people who have suffered a negative NDE and not been immediately rescued after calling on God. Whether that means their experience was cut short and they returned before experiencing heaven is an interesting question. It would not surprise me.
As to your nightmares on earth: Face your demons! They feed off your fear, trusting that God will protect you and learning that through life is the best remedy if you ask me.
If, for example, I was in some hellish place with a bunch of demons and experienced intense fear and horror, then that is nowhere near what I've experienced in my nightmares which is something far worse. They are feelings/emotions far worse than just being in some hellish place frightening for my life. So if hellish ndes are not like those nightmares I've had, then I don't have to really worry. If they are instead a situation like me being in a hellish place right now, then that experience is nowhere near as bad as what I've experienced in my nightmares.

Giulia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 492
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:52 am
Location: Italy

Re: Life reviews

Post by Giulia » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:47 pm

MattMVS7 wrote:If, for example, I was in some hellish place with a bunch of demons and experienced intense fear and horror, then that is nowhere near what I've experienced in my nightmares which is something far worse. They are feelings/emotions far worse than just being in some hellish place frightening for my life. So if hellish ndes are not like those nightmares I've had, then I don't have to really worry. If they are instead a situation like me being in a hellish place right now, then that experience is nowhere near as bad as what I've experienced in my nightmares.
Matt, I realise this issue is a source of worry for you at the moment. Maybe you are not simply worrying about what a NDE life review is like, as you suggested in your opening post, but about what sort of life review expects us after death. We need to take into account that NDErs are filtering their memory of what happened through their brains, and in so-called hellish NDEs might have not had a chance to process what happened, at least upon their return to their physical restrictions involved by having a physical brain that acts as a reduction valve. I also suspect that not getting a chance to process certain events may be due to the fact that, in certain cases, it is important that this job be carried out in the physical world.

We also have other sources of information about life reviews, which come through mediumistic accounts. The account I have read so far seem to suggest that, if temporary negativity is experienced after death, it can be a result of leading a sadist/evil life, of having enjoyed harming other people, and hence finding yourself together with other like-minded disincarnates. Again, these reports suggest that the moment you trust that there is love and guidance out there and ask for help, you are immediately rescued.

Nightmares are something which I personally find is often unfairly experienced in our lives, whether asleep or awake. As far as I am aware, they can be a result of extremely distressing life circumstances, fear, lack of faith in love, lack of love four ourselves, physical/mental disorders, substance abuse, etc. I agree with the suggestion that you face your demons, as this physical life might actually be the best place to do so.

I have some personal experiences to report about this.

When my sweet Italian grandmother was on her deathbed, at the age of 94, having led a wonderful life, always gently looking after her children and grandchildren, praying every day and being such a kind soul, she did go through some strong negative visions, during the last three hours. By the way, she had been suffering from occasional nightmares over the last few years. There were four of us around her hospital bed, and she could see us and these negative visions at the same time. She was scared. However, just moments before she flatlined, she suddenly looked up, as if an invisible most venerable person had just walked into the room, she accepted to hold the rosary my aunt had been trying to hand over to her over the last three hours, she crossed herself quickly four or five times and... died. I always felt it was unfair on her to have to face her demons at that time, but I was very relieved by the way she passed, at peace with herself. I feel that is the key of facing our demons.

Another example comes from my dad, who died two years ago. He had led an ordinary life, raising five children, and had been for many years basically concerned about practical issues, such as keeping a large family. He started wondering more seriously about death and the hereafter some time after retirement, which is when he probably started processing any fears or worries he might have had, preparing himself for that time and his death was ever so peaceful.

I have met both my grandma and my dad after their passing in my out of the body experiences, and neither of them looked upset about having gone through any special trial or upsetting life review. But the ADC I trust most, comes from a cousin of mine, who had a vivid meeting with my dad in a dream a few months after his passing, in the same sort of setting where I usually meet him. I rely on my cousin (who has always been especially gifted as far as ADCs are concerned) because he wasn’t in grief as much as myself at the time. When he met my father, my dad told him in dialect something to this effect: «It is amazing, you know? Everyone is so frightened by death, yet you can’t imagine how wonderful it is here!»

So, Matt, I agree it might be helpful for you to face your current challenges, especially if they involve fear, lack of love for yourself and other people, as, based on my personal experience, these are the real challenges we experience as a result of the illusion that we are separate from each other and possibly fighting each other.

Based on the NDE accounts I have read, I too have found that life reviews experienced by ordinary people generally involve an emotional awakening to what our life has really been about in the light of a most loving a non-judgemental source.

I hope this helps.

EDIT: I have just been listening to most of Dr. Long's interview on C2C of 27 June, 2016 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZHfsiC9R_E) and I thought you might be interested in listening to caller "Mrs. B" (2h 05m 50s) who describes a mystical experience she had right in the middle of a nightmare.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience

MattMVS7
test
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Re: Life reviews

Post by MattMVS7 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:40 pm

I also have another question. When a person has a life review, can they choose not to have it as to avoid any horrific and painful experiences? Take note that I do not believe in the paranormal/afterlife and I am asking this question from the materialistic brain based model of consciousness.

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:00 am

Re: Life reviews

Post by ano1 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:54 pm

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here Matt. But, these occurances are real. Just because you don't believe them, doesn't mean they don't happen.
When I had my life review, it simply began, I didn't know it was about to start, it just did.

MattMVS7
test
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Re: Life reviews

Post by MattMVS7 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:01 pm

I have had severe bouts of depression (hopelessness) throughout most of my life and I don't ever want to go through that again. I don't want to relive those moments, especially the depression from my nightmares which are at the absolute worst level. During a life review, are those moments experienced all over again? Or is it instead other negative emotions that are experienced such as fear, guilt, etc.?

Giulia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 492
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:52 am
Location: Italy

Re: Life reviews

Post by Giulia » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:21 pm

MattMVS7 wrote:I have had severe bouts of depression (hopelessness) throughout most of my life and I don't ever want to go through that again. I don't want to relive those moments, especially the depression from my nightmares which are at the absolute worst level. During a life review, are those moments experienced all over again? Or is it instead other negative emotions that are experienced such as fear, guilt, etc.?
Hi, Matt. Based on what I have read and on personal experience, there is no such thing as a nightmarish life review, if you are the innocent victim of depression and nightmares. By innocent I mean that depression is not your fault, and hopelessness in not your fault. I have no idea what would happen to people who deliberately end their lives, for instance.

However, if you are suffering from nightmares, I recommend you resort to medical assistance, especially in the light of the depression and hopelessness you state you have already been through in your life.
MattMVS7 wrote:I also have another question. When a person has a life review, can they choose not to have it as to avoid any horrific and painful experiences? Take note that I do not believe in the paranormal/afterlife and I am asking this question from the materialistic brain based model of consciousness.
It seems you are questioning the existence of an afterlife altogether and regarding life reviews as a plainly physical event. Could this be at the root of your nightmares? The fear that physical death is the end? As Ano1, I can add that, of all the people I have spoken to who have had a NDE or NDE-like experience, they have had a life review.

Once again, I urge you to seek medical assistance if you are suffering from persistent nightmares. I strongly believe this is the first step before discussing the philosophy or science at the core of life reviews or NDEs.
Hello from Italy - How I found out about NDERF - A Strange Experience

MattMVS7
test
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Re: Life reviews

Post by MattMVS7 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:47 pm

Hi, Matt. Based on what I have read and on personal experience, there is no such thing as a nightmarish life review, if you are the innocent victim of depression and nightmares. By innocent I mean that depression is not your fault, and hopelessness in not your fault. I have no idea what would happen to people who deliberately end their lives, for instance.

However, if you are suffering from nightmares, I recommend you resort to medical assistance, especially in the light of the depression and hopelessness you state you have already been through in your life.

How can that be? People say that their whole entire life experience is played back and they experience every single feeling/emotion from every single event whether painful or blissful. They say they experience EVERYTHING. So that would have to include their nightmares, wouldn't it?

Skeptics say that it is the temporal lobe responsible for all the memories and their associated emotions being played back. So wouldn't this also include those feelings/emotions (in this case, depression) from nightmares as well as from the waking world? In regards to the ones from nightmares, are they experienced just as profound and intense as they were in those said nightmares, or not?

DennisMe
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Re: Life reviews

Post by DennisMe » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:18 am

Matt, you are asking questions we simply cannot answer for you with any certainty!
To my knowledge the question whether the NDE includes a re-living of nightmares from previous life has simply never been asked before in a scientific setting (to my knowledge). To you this must be hard to comprehend, given the overbearing impact your nightmares have had on your life. Just because someone reports reliving "everything" does not mean nothing was left out. It would be impossible to conceive of a survey that could cover every conceivable human experience. When you order a hamburger with "everything" you don't expect them to add a dose of motor oil etc... Yet,, when someone asks you what was on it you wouldn't be wrong if you answered "everything".

I know that I had nightmares as a child that went away by focusing on good (reciting the Lord's prayer, in my case, but I happen to be a believer), later I learnt to take control of the dream and steer it in a better direction myself. Aside from the "therapeutic" nightmares I have had (which never responded to my influence) all the others have left me permanently.

Be that as it may I must reiterate Giulia's advice and urge you to seek professional help asap! There;s no need to suffer alone, there are effective therapies available. I suggest you look for a registered therapist that practices "EMDR" and discuss this with them. EMDR is a scientifically proven PTSD solving therapy which often works in just one session! It does not require you to be a believer and is a purely scientific evidence based therapy. In case the nightmares are related to grief over somebodies death you may want to contact Dr Allan Botkin or someone endorsed by him. http://www.induced-adc.com/ for specialized help.
Dennis

MattMVS7
test
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Re: Life reviews

Post by MattMVS7 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:26 am

DennisMe wrote:Matt, you are asking questions we simply cannot answer for you with any certainty!
To my knowledge the question whether the NDE includes a re-living of nightmares from previous life has simply never been asked before in a scientific setting (to my knowledge). To you this must be hard to comprehend, given the overbearing impact your nightmares have had on your life. Just because someone reports reliving "everything" does not mean nothing was left out. It would be impossible to conceive of a survey that could cover every conceivable human experience. When you order a hamburger with "everything" you don't expect them to add a dose of motor oil etc... Yet,, when someone asks you what was on it you wouldn't be wrong if you answered "everything".

I know that I had nightmares as a child that went away by focusing on good (reciting the Lord's prayer, in my case, but I happen to be a believer), later I learnt to take control of the dream and steer it in a better direction myself. Aside from the "therapeutic" nightmares I have had (which never responded to my influence) all the others have left me permanently.

Be that as it may I must reiterate Giulia's advice and urge you to seek professional help asap! There;s no need to suffer alone, there are effective therapies available. I suggest you look for a registered therapist that practices "EMDR" and discuss this with them. EMDR is a scientifically proven PTSD solving therapy which often works in just one session! It does not require you to be a believer and is a purely scientific evidence based therapy. In case the nightmares are related to grief over somebodies death you may want to contact Dr Allan Botkin or someone endorsed by him. http://www.induced-adc.com/ for specialized help.
Dennis
I could simply ask the people here who had life reviews and said they experienced every moment of their lives. Have these people experienced their nightmares just as they did when they had them? That is, did they experience the feelings from those nightmares just as profoundly and intensely as they had them in those nightmares?

DennisMe
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:05 pm

Re: Life reviews

Post by DennisMe » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:32 am

It maybe a better idea to open a new topic with that question as subject. Its possible that this topic is too generic to attract the specific answers you are looking for.

MattMVS7
test
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Re: Life reviews

Post by MattMVS7 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:00 am

DennisMe wrote:It maybe a better idea to open a new topic with that question as subject. Its possible that this topic is too generic to attract the specific answers you are looking for.
Thank you. I will go ahead and do that right now.

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:00 am

Re: Life reviews

Post by ano1 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:56 pm

My life review wasn't frightening in any way.

Precaud
test
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:13 pm
Location: Sunny New Mexico

Re: Life reviews

Post by Precaud » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:57 am

MattMVS7 wrote:In other words, what I am asking here is would I experience an unpleasant feeling just as if I were looking at my own nightmare right here and now in the waking world? Or would I actually experience the nightmare just as I did when I had it?
Maybe. Maybe not. Some NDE's have nothing of the sort in them. Mine didn't. Perhaps the anxiety about possible future emotional states needs to be looked at on its own. If that's a predominant feature of your psyche, chances are it will find its way into anything aniticpatable (is that a word?).

Locked