Dreams/nightmares in a life review

Flight / Vived Imagery / Warmth
Life Review / Unbounded Love
Timelessness / Unusual Knowledge

MattMVS7
test

Dreams/nightmares in a life review

Post by MattMVS7 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:18 am

Edit: Please help me. I am very troubled. The hopelessness (depression) that I've experienced in my nightmares is indescribable and I don't ever wish to experience that again in a hellish nde or a life review.

For anyone who has had a life review and has experienced every single moment in their lives and every single feeling/emotion associated with those moments, have these people also experienced their dreams and nightmares just as they did when they had them? That is, did they experience the feelings from those dreams/nightmares just as profoundly and intensely as they had them in those dreams/nightmares?

Or was it instead just a normal experience such as the feelings/emotions that one would experience in the waking world while watching one of his dreams/nightmares in the waking world? Feelings/emotions experienced in dreams/nightmares are far more intense and profound than they are experienced in the waking world which is why I am asking this question.

Furthermore, for anyone who has struggled with depression (hopelessness) and has experienced these moments of depression again during their life review, were these moments just as intense as they were when these people experienced them? Or were they experienced far more profound and intense during the life review just like how feelings/emotions are much more intense in nightmares than they are in the waking world? Or were they even more intense than nightmares?

The reason I ask this is because I have had some severe bouts of depression throughout my life and the worst being experienced in my nightmares. I do not wish to ever go through that again. Even worse would be experiencing those feelings of depression at a much greater intensity during the nde life review since ndes are said to be like dream states where feelings/emotions are just as or even more intense as they are in dreams/nightmares.

So I don't ever wish to go through that depression again. But if I have a life review during an nde and experience the feelings from every moment of my life, then would I have to go through that again?

DennisMe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dreams/nightmares in a life review

Post by DennisMe » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:38 pm

About the nightmares, seriously; get some professional help. It doesn't make you a wimp to ask for help it makes you a smarter person. You don't have to fear them all your life, they can be helped by trained psychologists. I swear to God psychology has come a looong way since Freud! Especially EMDR based therapies are very effective and fast.

To give you an idea:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/belleruth ... 87024.html
I know your nightmares are probably much worse, but the underlying principles of the therapy are the same.

MattMVS7
test

Post by MattMVS7 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:11 pm

DennisMe wrote:About the nightmares, seriously; get some professional help. It doesn't make you a wimp to ask for help it makes you a smarter person. You don't have to fear them all your life, they can be helped by trained psychologists. I swear to God psychology has come a looong way since Freud! Especially EMDR based therapies are very effective and fast.

To give you an idea:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/belleruth ... 87024.html
I know your nightmares are probably much worse, but the underlying principles of the therapy are the same.
I am not having those horrible nightmares anymore. I am just seriously worried that I will experience them again if I ever have a hellish nde or a life review. I worry that I will experience the depression to the degree I've experienced it in those nightmares which was an indescribable level of depression. It is the most horrible level of depression. I worry of experiencing that level of depression in a life review or a hellish nde if I ever have one.

Do people who have hellish ndes and life reviews experience that level of depression (hopelessness) again, or is it instead just a normal level of depression that is experienced such as what is experienced in the waking world? Depressive feelings in the waking world (no matter how intense they are) are nowhere near the profoundness and intensity they are experienced in nightmares. I am worried that such profoundness and intensity of depression can be experienced in hellish ndes and life reviews even when the person is over their depression in the real world.

I am no longer depressed, but am seriously troubled. What caused my horrible depressive nightmares was me struggling with depression. But even though I am over that depression, is it possible to experience that level of depression again during hellish ndes and life reviews?
Last edited by MattMVS7 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:53 pm

Nightmares and dreams were not a part of my life review. Only real things. And, all was okay afterward.

MattMVS7
test

Post by MattMVS7 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:10 pm

ano1 wrote:Nightmares and dreams were not a part of my life review. Only real things. And, all was okay afterward.
Were the emotions you experienced during the moments in your life review like the normal emotions we experience in the waking world, or were they abnormally profound and intense like they are experienced in dreams? I am asking this question in regards to negative emotions such as depression, fear, guilt, etc. because I already know that the good feelings (bliss) are at an extreme level during ndes.

ano1
Near Death Experiencer
Near Death Experiencer

Post by ano1 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:10 pm

The emotions during my life review were subdued. They were just presented matter-of-factly. No intense emotions attached.
I saw each episode and moved on.
If I wronged someone, I felt as they did during the interaction. It was a presentation of how others felt within my interactions with them, my own emotions weren't a part of it.

Precaud
test

Post by Precaud » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:45 am

ano1 wrote:The emotions during my life review were subdued. They were just presented matter-of-factly. No intense emotions attached.
I saw each episode and moved on.
I agree with ano1. In an NDE, there is a separation of one's sense of self from the memories and the emotions attached to them. Life Review is about "clear seeing", not about retribution and hellfire and all of the nonsensical torture fantasies that some religions promote. There is no alternative (TINA) but to accept and forgive and let go. Remorse is for the living, not the dying.