Flight / Vived Imagery / Warmth
Life Review / Unbounded Love
Timelessness / Unusual Knowledge

mdc
test

Profound experience/dream?

Post by mdc » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Hello all,

This is my first post here sorry if its in the wrong forum,I would appreciate if someone with some.knowledge in these matters could perhaps explain what happened to me I'll start at the beginning.

I had an elective routine surgery not to long ago the usual scenario G/A then unconscious, what should have taken.perhaps 1 hour to complete took approx 2 hours I learned from the patient who was due to have the same Op after me ( he was taken to pre-op then told to return to the ward for some reason which isn't clear) anyway what I remember is I was in a white room with a large white table, three figures who where wearing bright white hooded cloaks (cowls perhaps?)where stood around the table looking at something on the table top they didn't seem to acknowledge my presence then I heard a voice say"life is linear! they cannot harm you they only damage there souls" I was awoken by a nurse shouting my name with urgency in her voice.
Has anyone any advice or insights I would appreciate it very much thanks.

Jem7
test

Re: Profound experience/dream?

Post by Jem7 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:37 pm

Hi mdc,

It's hard to say exactly what happened, but the color white is usually associated with good not with evil. The fact that the beings in white talked about life being linear, and that fact that they were looking at a table (perhaps at a book), suggests to me that maybe some kind of light beings where looking at your life's timeline and deciding what to do, or trying to give you advice. It's hard to say for sure; it's YOUR experience! How do you feel about it? Did you feel love or fear?

mdc
test

Post by mdc » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi,
Wasn't fearful in anyway but also didn't feel love either,it was just matter of fact but seemed real very unlike a dream, its was such a profound statement as well "life is linear" I did a google search and apparently its a christian belief i.e mortal life ends as apposed to Buddhists who believe life is circular i.e reincarnation.has you can probably guess I'm not a religious person i lean more towards a scientific/spiritual belief system.
It has certainly gave me a lot to think about.

Would love to hear some more thoughts from people.

Marguy
test

Post by Marguy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:35 pm

Hi mdc

Welcome at the forum.
What do you think yourself about your experience?
Do you have the feeling that it was rather real or rather like a dream.

mdc
test

Post by mdc » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:19 pm

Hi Marguy,
I don't believe it was,at first I thought it was perhaps the anaesthetic until i read you don't dream while under a G/A, besides it seemed as real as any experience I've had in my life,if it was a dream its the only time I've had one that was so realistic,and with such a profound statement to boot extremely odd experience.

Any thoughts.

Marguy
test

Post by Marguy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:52 am

Hi mdc

I cannot say if you had a NDE, but some of the items you told hint unto this.
In many NDE's people find themselves at a certain time in a completely white environment, figures encountered there also wear mostly white.
Anyhow if what you experienced seems real to you and if you have the feeling that it is important to you, then it has value as a spiritual experience of a kind, even if it is not a NDE.
I would suggest to take time and sit down and write down everything that you can memorize of this, because with time memory might fade or be less accurate. With this you will not forget and it can help yourself to get a clearer view on it.
It is also possible that later on more memories, that have been suppressed one way or another, might show up.

mdc
test

Post by mdc » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:46 am

Hi Marguy,
I don't think it was a NDE more of a strange experience/dream,its also very clear in my mind as if I actually experienced it as if awake very unlike a dream in that respect,was just hoping perhaps someone may have had a similar experience who could perhaps verify what it was, some kind of G/A induced hallucination/dream i don't know

i was telling my brother about this experience,when he reminded me that my mother had a similar experience while having emergency surgery for a blood clot,she apparently was floating above two rows of Greek style columns one row on the left one on the right when she noticed a dark figure weaving in and out of the left sided columns it was wearing a dark cloak and it had no face just a dark mist, obviously she was extremely afraid, suddenly a totally white figure appeared weaving in and out of the columns on the right handed side who exuded love and a warmth so much so that she wanted to go to him suddenly she woke up after surgery later when saw the surgeon he wiped his brow with the back of his hand and explained that they" nearly lost her on the table" after this experience my mother would have what she called a funny turn she explained it was like a deja vu type of feeling but it would actually happen as she saw it.(I should add all this happened 30 odd years ago and I think everyone had just put it down to a reaction to the drugs etc... my mother was not religiously inclined) its not until very recently that I stumbled on to these NDE accounts and I realised perhaps this is what my mother had experienced its very strange indeed

Garry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Garry » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:03 am

This is my first post here sorry if its in the wrong forum,I would appreciate if someone with some.knowledge in these matters could perhaps explain what happened to me I'll start at the beginning.
We here can't explain what happened to you , only give you our opinions !

Whatever happened to you , has ended up bringing you here to explore for yourself what happened to you and to try and put some meaning to it.

I myself had a couple of strange experiences in life and that is what brought me here.....

Rather than surmise what may have happened to you I have typed out My experiences for you and others to read , and created a new forum where anybody who wants may type out there experience .

Here is the link to what brought me here.....

What Brought Me Here

Why Am I Here

One Look Dictionary

velco

Post by velco » Sun May 17, 2015 12:38 am

Hi mdc,

If you haven't already found out what happened, I suggest that you have had a typical "lucid dream". This is an unusual kind of dream where a person becomes alert, as alert as you are now, while still dreaming. As a result, you experience your dream as though you were awake. Lucid dreams happen to a small percentage of the population naturally. They can also happen under certain extreme circumstances. Some people and even learn to have lucid dreams. I myself am one of the small percentages of people who have such dreams naturally on rare occasions. The difference between a lucid dream and a normal dream is that 1) you feel wide awake and can make normal decisions and think normally as if you are awake (although you are actually in a virtual reality - the dream), 2) with practice (US = 'practise') you can control your dream in any way you wish. I have a link to a website about Lucid Dreaming. The link is directly to the forum of that website. I strongly suggest that you have a look at the website and decide for your self what happened.

The website address is: "http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/"

Hope that this solves your question.