h

learnerjordan

h

Post by learnerjordan »

Hey everyone! I barely speak my own language (due to colonialism) but I wanted to share some teachings, which are intertwined with our language.

“Manitou” is the word for spirit. Manitou lives everywhere, in us, around us. It could also mean Mystery

gitchi is the word for “big” “large”

“gitchi-Manitou” is the word for Great Spirit, or Great Mystery, Big Mystery.

In almost all indigenous languages, the language is deeply intertwined with nature and spirituality. Just speaking was teaching others of the universe. Sadly, most of this knowledge is gone due to colonialism.

I just wanted to share this little tidbit because I thought you might find it interesting - especially because this is exactly what all of us are talking about! Indigenous peoples have known that connection to self and the land was connection to gitcha manitou/god/universe/the great mystery:)
Last edited by learnerjordan on Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
learnerjordan

Re: Oji-Cree language/Anishiniwe

Post by learnerjordan »

anthonychip wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:30 am
learnerjordan wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:52 am I just wanted to share this little tidbit because I thought you might find it interesting - especially because this is exactly what all of us are talking about! Indigenous peoples have known that connection to self and the land was connection to gitcha manitou/god/universe/the great mystery:)
learnerjordan, a great mystery to me in the physical world, and why I feel so uncomfortable in the physical existence, is why the EITHER/OR colonialisms, conformisms, and destruction of cultural diversities have been so abusive and destructive of our deeply personal and individual perceptions and ideas?
In one NDE, I believe it was Bettie Eadie that said that each religion holds a different level of spiritual needs, and sometimes, a persons spiritual needs rises above the religion(christianity, judaism, buddhism, anything really), and to fill the void in the persons beliefs, they seek a new philosophy or new meaning to life. I think this is true for many of us, so it’s no coincidence that we are here because of that. Correct me if I’m wrong.

https://near-death.com/betty-eadie-nde/
Each church fulfills spiritual needs that perhaps others cannot fill. No one church can fulfill everybody’s needs at every level. As an individual raises his level of understanding about God and his own eternal progress, he might feel discontented with the teachings of his present church and seek a different philosophy or religion to fill that void. When this occurs he has reached another level of understanding and will long for further truth and knowledge, and for another opportunity to grow. And at every step of the way, these new opportunities to learn will be given
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

FYI Jordan, Betty Eadie's book Embraced by the Light has a great description of what she saw in heaven during her NDE. I have the book in PDF format, I can send it to you if you are interested.
-Derek
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

Thanks Tony, Giulia sent me a PDF copy of Eadie's book. That's probably where she got it from.
-Derek