Five steps to unlocking one's dream memories

DTR1975
Site Admin

Re: Five steps to unlocking one's dream memories

Post by DTR1975 »

Copy
After some research, I discovered that some medications can increase the length and vividNess of dreams. One of these medications is Sertaline, which I am presently prescribed. I have been taking it in the morning. Starting tonight I will take it in the evening before bed and see what effect, if any, it has on my dreams.
-Derek
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

Copy
I took the Sertaline last night and found that not only did I spend less time sleeping, I only had 1 dream that I could remember. I had my phone alarm set for 3:30am, but I was already awake when it went off. I will try taking it again at bed time.
-Derek
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

Copy
I am considering generating a new topic thread to document of all my posts and progress pertaining to learning to lucid dream. Thus far I have concluded that for me, the most essential part of lucid dreaming will be developing self awareness during the dream state. A lucid dream isn't possible unless you are able to come to the realization that you are dreaming during the dream state. In order for this to happen, I must first be self aware enough to ask: "AM I dreaming". It is apparent to me that no self-directed learning is possible while in the dream state. My mind is basically on autopilot for lack of a better analogy. Therefore any self directed learning must be accomplished in the waking state and then hopefully carried over to the dream state. I am attempting to develop my mind in the waking state to habitually question reality. This habit will then presumably carry over to the dream state. My plan is to set my alarm on my phone to go off every 90 minutes. At that time, I will perform 2 or 3 reality checks:
A. Attempting push my fingers through my hand.
B. Holding my nose and breath to see if I can breathe.
Or if possible
C. Attempting to read something.
Or if possible
D. Looking at my reflection in a mirror.
-Derek
DTR1975
Site Admin

Post by DTR1975 »

Copy
I saw a video where the presenter talked about using a particular supplement to enhance lucid dreaming.
[https://vividream.com/product/lucidesc- ... y-support/]
I decided to order some and give it a try. After I try it, I'll post about what the effects were, if any.
-Derek